djg0770

How do I get rid of a fiberglass boat

Can't help you but I can tell you what one enterprising boat owner did when faced with the same problem. My friend, a Pep Boys Manager 'arrived one morning to find a 20ft boat neatly sawed into 4 pieces and stacked in his outdoor used tire cage...stayed there for 2 years.

8 7 7 cars 4 kids LOL

F_ck no. will not support that shit no matter what.

It's a 17 ft closed bow runabout from the 70's. The transom needs to be redone, the trailer will need 20 minutes worth of work (air in tires and pump new grease into the bearing buddies). The boat needs about 1 sq ft of minor fiberglass repair on the lower left side near the rear from where it hit some asphaltic macadam (it was a LONG day and at that point I kinda resolved that used boats were not for me). The hull is rated up to 135HP.

The motor is 115HP early 80's (not sure of size or age) Mercury with stainless prop, but no hydraulic trim but I have hydraulic trim from the previous 85 HP motor on the back of the boat above which was working when I laid it up...

All of the above is located in northern Passaic County. If you have a kid who wants a project, let me know... Like I said I have the title for the boat but not for the trailer.

PK90 - my luck I would set the freaking house on fire too.

SpecialK, VladG, tony357, my luck I would get sucked in by the sinking boat - or better yet it wouldn't sink. :facepalm:

ETA - need to get it off my property so I can sell my house and EFTS (escape from this state).

A big open body of water, unmanned craft, a bunch of tannerite and a nice 308 with scope???

he'll miss, hit an airplane, they'll make an emergency landing, call the cops, he'll go to jail, and we'll buy all his guns, good idea!

I have a buddy looking for a 12-14 footer. What is the condition of yours, trailer, pics? Where are you located?

condition is "project boat - needs work". Trailer was homebuilt and I have no documentation which I now understand involves a PIA hassle in NJ. Pics? :facepalm: yeah, not putting pics of that POS on the internet so you guys can make fun of me - sorry, I'm not THAT much of a tool. Located in northern Passaic County.

condition is "project boat - needs work". Trailer was homebuilt and I have no documentation which I now understand involves a PIA hassle in NJ. Pics? :facepalm: yeah, not putting pics of that POS on the internet so you guys can make fun of me - sorry, I'm not THAT much of a tool. Located in northern Passaic County.

Really? I've seen the stash, you have no shame.