Mo Vice

Shoplifter shot at Woodbridge Mall

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/03/shooting_at_woodbridge_center.html

I was just there the other day. Still curious about the cop opening fire, seems like we're missing some details.

WOODBRIDGE — An alleged shoplifter armed with a knife was shot and killed inside a clothing store in the Woodbridge Center shopping mall after holding a person hostage, according to two sources familiar with the investigation.

The incident occurred shortly after 5 p.m. inside the Hollister store in the Sears wing of the mall, said the sources, who were not authorized to publicly speak about the incident.

The sources said a shoplifter was confronted by mall security in the clothing store, prompting the shoplifter to pull out a knife and hold a person hostage with the knife held at the person's throat.

A Woodbridge police officer arrived at the scene and shot the suspect dead, the sources said. It was unclear how many shots were fired. The hostage was not injured, according to the sources.

It was not immediately known if the police officer was on duty or off-duty.

Investigators from the Woodbridge Police Department and the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office are at the scene investigating the shooting, News 12 New Jersey is reporting. A teenager told News 12 that he heard several shots fired.

Tyler Bruno, a witness interviewed by News 12, said he saw a scene of "total chaos," with people running outside the mall and into the Sears parking lot, warning shoppers not to go inside.

James O'Neill, a spokesman for the county prosecutor's office, said the state Attorney General's office has been notified about the shooting, which is routine policy for shootings involving police.

This was the fourth police-involved shooting in Middlesex County during the past several months.

More details about tonight's shooting will be posted as soon as they are confirmed.

prompting the shoplifter to pull out a knife and hold a person hostage with the knife held at the person's throat.

A Woodbridge police officer arrived at the scene and shot the suspect dead

Applause, Applause.

Good riddance.

• Like 1

If anyone has ever shopped in a hollister, its very load, very cramped, and dimly lit, with a horrible floor plan. If it ends up being a good shoot, it says alot to that officers and departments training.

I was going to shop at hollister once, but i couldnt find the temporary man card depository at the main entrance. :derisive:

I can't get past the annoying music and metrosexual staff.

I can't believe some of the comments in there, to the tune of Woodbridge being a ghetto and turning into Newark. my god... what blind sheep. But it is ok, I was one of them, then you really learn all the shit that you don't hear about in the news happening right next door.

Someone who has no regard for someone else's safety for the sake of their own personal gain, doesn't have the right to their own safety. I have no pity. To be honest, sounds like the best possible outcome assuming the article is accurate.

hollisters probably pissed theres blood on their clothes, greedy crap company..

irrelevant but i live in north brunswick too OP lol. i go to the woodbridge mall all the time because the brunswick sq mall is a piece of shit

I shop at that mall all the time...

WTF do you shop in a mall? Like the crowds, impolite people and prices >= MSRP? I might end up in a mall twice a year, and I feel the need to scrub my skin afterwards. I figured you were more than 19 years old from your posts...

WTF do you shop in a mall? Like the crowds, impolite people and prices >= MSRP? I might end up in a mall twice a year, and I feel the need to scrub my skin afterwards. I figured you were more than 19 years old from your posts...

Clothes - there's plenty of sales. I also go to that Dick's for ammo and other stuff. Plus going around Macy's scanning stuff for my wedding registry....

• Like 1

this notion might be odd.. but I like to actually try my clothes on before I buy them to make sure they fit.. also there are certain products I would rather see in person over just taking a blind stab at it..

hollisters probably pissed theres blood on their clothes, greedy crap company..

irrelevant but i live in north brunswick too OP lol. i go to the woodbridge mall all the time because the brunswick sq mall is a piece of shit

lol... I'm shocked they even call Brunswick Square a "mall". Woodbridge isn't bad at all, usually get some coffee and take the kids for a stroll.

From what I hear...

Robber and "hostage" = boyfriend/Girlfriend.

Mall Security = Off duty WBPD

and as for the shot... there was only one.

3245391+_f18e97f2797a29a67f0e3b782936f30f.jpg

May I ask where you got this info?