mx597turbo

Most likely not getting a firearm in NJ - I'll wait until I move out of state

Here's a LOL for you. I went to my local PD to pick up the bioapplicant form about a month ago. I called today, two weeks after I got printed, and I found out they gave me the wrong form. I'm not going to pay again, so I doubt I'll get my FID and thus, no guns for me. The detective noticed they gave out several of the wrong forms. He said I would have to get reprinted.

So I have my prints, but because the form was wrong, I can't get a FID without shelling out another $60 out of pocket.

Oh well, that's just more incentive to get out of NJ. 1 year to go!

And you're ok with that? Them throwing away your money because they f'd up? I'd rattle the cage a bit before giving up so soon.Have a cival ,rational conversation with the chief, a councilman, mayor, try something. Or escape, that works too.

And you're ok with that? Them throwing away your money because they f'd up? I'd rattle the cage a bit before giving up so soon.Have a cival ,rational conversation with the chief, a councilman, mayor, try something. Or escape, that works too.

I'll try going to the PD and talking to them in person. But if that doesn't work, then screw it, a year goes by quick.

That's bs; don't just accept their mistakes. If you'd rather wait until you move to purchase firearms, ok. But I would still ask for my money back.

Don't let them get over on you, go up the ladder, see the chief, or the mayor.

If having a firearm were that important to me, I would just pay the $60, or I would already live in another state. I do want one for HD and target practice, but it's not something that will become the focus of my life.

I'll try going to the PD and talking to them in person. But if that doesn't work, then screw it, a year goes by quick.

Wow. We have a "let them walk all over me" in the room, I see. I bet you get screwed-over in a life a bunch, don't you? Sorry for being like that, but WTF? Stand up for yourself, why don't ya'.

I agree with you. For $60, my health is worth more than the aggrevation. Some you seems to have spare time to waste, then by all means rattle the cage. Some of us got full time jobs with kids to take care of and spend time with. So I agree with ya!

That is why our country is going down hill fast, take your rights away or screw you because no one will say anything. Brake the rock one pebble at a time.

Here's a LOL for you. I went to my local PD to pick up the bioapplicant form about a month ago. I called today, two weeks after I got printed, and I found out they gave me the wrong form. I'm not going to pay again, so I doubt I'll get my FID and thus, no guns for me. The detective noticed they gave out several of the wrong forms. He said I would have to get reprinted.

So I have my prints, but because the form was wrong, I can't get a FID without shelling out another $60 out of pocket.

Oh well, that's just more incentive to get out of NJ. 1 year to go!

Damn man, Stand up for yourself would ya.. Talk to them in person, talk to the Chief, talk to the Mayor, but if nothing else don't just let them roll over you..

I agree with you. For $60, my health is worth more than the aggrevation. Some you seems to have spare time to waste, then by all means rattle the cage. Some of us got full time jobs with kids to take care of and spend time with. So I agree with ya!

If you are posting on here you have spare time to waste.

Unless you have a job that's paying you $120 per hour, you're crazy in my opinion. Tops, a phone call will take less than 30-minutes and may result in positive action.

Gentlemen....Am I the only person that feel there's a Troll in the room? Just the casual disregard for the situation and the responses especially on this forum makes the OP suspect in my mind.

Gentlemen....Am I the only person that feel there's a Troll in the room? Just the casual disregard for the situation and the responses especially on this forum makes it suspect.

I read through the smoke screen in the first few posts, and was wondering how long it would take you "kids" to pick-up on that. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels the same way!

Not everybody who wants a gun deserves a gun (there are more than a few whackos out there). You don't even need a FID to be a member of the Forum!

Those that rush in to aid this "victim" are just getting their respective chains YANKED.......

I read through the smoke screen in the first few posts, and was wondering how long it would take you "kids" to pick-up on that. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels the same way!

Not everybody who wants a gun deserves a gun (there are more than a few whackos out there). You don't even need a FID to be a member of the Forum!

Those that rush in to aid this "victim" are just getting their respective chains YANKED.......

Wow, it's funny that you think I'm a troll. If you check some of my other posts, you would see I was very excited about getting my first firearms. I had already picked out a shotgun, rifle, and handgun, and got a quote from AnA.

Since my post yesterday, I've tried to call the detective who handles ID in my town several times. However, he NEVER answers his phone, nor does he return messages. I got my prints done on 3/29, and I called him every two or three days since, and I only got through to him once, on 4/12. The town I live in wants us to come in for an interview, which I was trying to schedule. Then I found out that I was given the wrong BioApplicant form. Technically, the forms are exactly the same, only mine is for a "Local Ordinance" and not "Firearms". (This is what he told me)

After thinking it over, I decided NOT to pursue my FID any further because none of the weapons I want are legal in NJ:

I wanted a Glock17 with 17round mag, but I would have to settle for a G21 or a 17 with 10 round mag.

I wanted an "AK" with pistol grip and 30 round. I would have to settle for a Saiga with rifle grip and 10 round.

I wanted a Maverick 88 with 8 round capacity. I would have to settle for 6 round capacity.

Yes, it could be argued that all the weapons could be modified when I leave NJ to my specifications. But right now, both my wife and I feel the money would be more useful in preparing for our move.

Maybe you're wondering why I'm so dead set on moving out of NJ:

1. I'm a teacher, and the current governor has gotten many people in this state to look at me and my colleagues as leeches and freeloaders.

2. (Related to #1) The public education system in this state is failing miserably.

3. We will never be able to afford a house in this state due to both taxes and housing costs.

In conclusion, I never asked for any kind of "aid" Smokin.50. I simply wanted to share my experience, like many others on this forum have done.

Wow, it's funny that you think I'm a troll. If you check some of my other posts, you would see I was very excited about getting my first firearms. I had already picked out a shotgun, rifle, and handgun, and got a quote from AnA.

Since my post yesterday, I've tried to call the detective who handles ID in my town several times. However, he NEVER answers his phone, nor does he return messages. I got my prints done on 3/29, and I called him every two or three days since, and I only got through to him once, on 4/12. The town I live in wants us to come in for an interview, which I was trying to schedule. Then I found out that I was given the wrong BioApplicant form. Technically, the forms are exactly the same, only mine is for a "Local Ordinance" and not "Firearms". (This is what he told me)

After thinking it over, I decided NOT to pursue my FID any further because none of the weapons I want are legal in NJ:

I wanted a Glock17 with 17round mag, but I would have to settle for a G21 or a 17 with 10 round mag.

I wanted an "AK" with pistol grip and 30 round. I would have to settle for a Saiga with rifle grip and 10 round.

I wanted a Maverick 88 with 8 round capacity. I would have to settle for 6 round capacity.

Yes, it could be argued that all the weapons could be modified when I leave NJ to my specifications. But right now, both my wife and I feel the money would be more useful in preparing for our move.

Maybe you're wondering why I'm so dead set on moving out of NJ:

1. I'm a teacher, and the current governor has gotten many people in this state to look at me and my colleagues as leeches and freeloaders.

2. (Related to #1) The public education system in this state is failing miserably.

3. We will never be able to afford a house in this state due to both taxes and housing costs.

In conclusion, I never asked for any kind of "aid" Smokin.50. I simply wanted to share my experience, like many others on this forum have done.

Don't take it personally, it's just the way you non-chalantly said local police stole my money and stomped on my rights, but I don't care I'm leaving NJ eventually. For most responsible NJ gun owners, you have to fight for your gun rights in this state, and to see someone so quickly just give up is upsetting.

Also you are allowed 15 round magazines in NJ. I'm sure they make 15 rd. magazines for Glocks.