Duppie

Your First Hangun?

My first was a 5" XD-45 bi-tone. I shot it well, and I could afford it, so that's how I made my choice. But, since they I've decided that I wanted something a little "simpler" design-wise, so I sold the XD and used the proceeds to pick up a Glock 19.

It still shoots very well, and is envied by the many other members of my XD45 brood for its stainless slide!

As a matter of fact, it's packed and ready for a range trip tomorrow morning to SJSC

And my first is still with me - a S&W 17 (6 shot .22) in 6" from the summer I was 21 (and bumbling Gerry Ford was President)

It still shoots great, but the cylinder bores require some measure of deeeeeep cleaning for factory-easy loading!

My wife and I are mostly handgun people, although we have a few long guns. Her first handgun was a stainless S&W 686+ 4" bbl and it's still her favorite, although she has added a laser grip. My first handgun was a Sig SP2022 9mm. I got it back when they were more than 600 bucks, and I love that thing. It is no longer my favorite, but I would never sell it. It has been 100% reliable and functional and I'm up to almost 8K rounds through it with no troubles.

The only handguns we have ever gotten rid of were a Ruger Blackhawk, just 'cause we're not into cowboy stuff, I got rid of a Taurus 745 because it jammed up too much, and I got rid of a Ruger SR9 because after they did the recall repair (which they started calling an upgrade) the trigger was crap. Everything else we have kept and enjoyed. We love our first handguns.

My first handguns, (emphasis on the s), were all purchased at the same time back around '78... My 4" Python which was my carry, the 6" Python and my Colt Government... Later to be my carry. Loved them all and mastered them quick.

If the 6" Python sells, my only remaining original will be the Gov...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple... ;)

Springfield 1911 Loaded. Still regret selling it.

Was it a case of wanting something shiny and new or getting rid of a safe queen,bail money?

My first gun was an M9 25th Anny from Lou's. The only regret I had was that I really wanted a nice 1911 but settled for the Beretta. I've since picked up a 1911 and all is well. Although in not a huge fan of the 9mm cartridge, its cheap and easy to shoot. I think the Beretta is extremely well made and I'll probably never sell it.

My first and only handgun is a Glock 21sf. I went to the range and fired a bunch of guns but my favorite was a Kimber .45 1911. It just felt right and I shot great with it. Since I couldn't afford it at the time, I went with the Glock which was my next pick. I don't think my hands are that small but the sf is the only model that felt right in my hand.

It still shoots very well, and is envied by the many other members of my XD45 brood for its stainless slide!

As a matter of fact, it's packed and ready for a range trip tomorrow morning to SJSC

I'm glad it went to a good home.

XD 45. Just wanted a handgun for the nightstand. And didn't feel like laying out the cash for a 1911. Once I found out how much fun shooting was, the XD was sold and others were bought and sold until I finally got my 1911. Now, I'm waiting on permits for two more 1911's, this time in 9mm and .22. Never thought I would get one in anything but .45.

Purchased my first handgun back in 1984: a S&W model 37 Chief's Special, Airweight, 2" barrel, nickel finish in. 38. Still have it, though its going to be headed to the trading post one of these days. Trigger guard chews the hell out of my finger after 50 rounds or so. Other than that, a real nice, good looking shooter.