alowerlevel

New TV show "Family Guns" starts tonight

About the Show

Every day is a live-fire exercise for Christian and Alex, who buy, sell, trade, and restore some of the world’s rarest firearms. But with two experts in the family under one warehouse roof, the office politics can be as explosive as the weapons being sold. Family dynamics take on a unique flavor at the Cranmers’ International Military Antiques (IMA), where the questions of the day include whether or not to buy a $250,000 Korean War-era tank; or if it is better to unload a $25,000 British colonial cannon now or let it gain value for later. Figuring out the road to take is no job for the paper-pushers, especially when the only place to learn the real worth of the goods is on the firing range.

And from what Ive read they are located in North Jersey, heres thier website http://www.ima-usa.com/

Its on tonight at 10pm on the National Geographic channel. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/family-guns/

Heres the commercial

Whats wrong hollywood?

Why does every television show need to have "office drama" in order to be produced?

Seriously.

Top Shot for example. Whats with the obviously fake in-house drama scenes?

WHO CARES?!?!?!

Show the challenges, cut to commercial, come back to another challenge.

Sons of Guns is a perfect example.

Drama, drama, drama... and a gun or two.

I tried...sincerely tried to watch some of these "Reality" firearm shows and while I'm encouraged that there are more programs attempting to demystify guns and the people who sell,buy,own and shoot them I can barely make it to the first commercial break.

The amazingly cloying dialog,formulaic set ups,requisite screw ups and supposed tense personal dramas, the cobbling together of some atrocious,ugly and expensive Frankenstein of a gun...and it ain't a show until some elaborately hokey set gets blown up with high fives all around. I feel somewhat insulted to think that the average person would believe so little of me as a gun enthusiast after watching these antics.

I tried...sincerely tried to watch some of these "Reality" firearm shows and while I'm encouraged that there are more programs attempting to demystify guns and the people who sell,buy,own and shoot them I can barely make it to the first commercial break.

The amazingly cloying dialog,formulaic set ups,requisite screw ups and supposed tense personal dramas, the cobbling together of some atrocious,ugly and expensive Frankenstein of a gun...and it ain't a show until some elaborately hokey set gets blown up with high fives all around. I feel somewhat insulted to think that the average person would believe so little of me as a gun enthusiast after watching these antics.

I agree.

There has got to be drama in "reality" television that is how they entice people to watch. That is how they get people who aren't gun nuts to watch shows about guns, pull them in with the drama and suspense.

I watched them on reruns tonight (not time for TV during the week during the last month of a quarter). Too much office drama.

I checked their website. No Mosins or SKS's.

No interest.

I watched them on reruns tonight (not time for TV during the week during the last month of a quarter). Too much office drama.

I checked their website. No Mosins or SKS's.

No interest.

You mean you aren't in the market for a pair of 17th century dueling pistols? They are a bargain at $300K.

This show got old for me in the first episode. You have this constant theme. Old man who owns the shop likes to buy guns for himself. Younger man (his son and also an owner of the shop) constantly badgers him about buying guns for his collection b/c he has too many. Its a constant push/pull and its very boring to watch.

Let the old guy do what he wants since he probably will anyway and then the son can focus more energy on selling guns. Thats probably how it works in their real world but there is not enough reality TV drama to let the story roll like that.

And yes, I will still probably watch it b/c I can learn something about older guns which I know nothing about.

i was just on their website and it seems like everything is de-miled or non functioning. i have zero interest in buying a gun for "display purpose only". plus their prices are way above me. i'm sure now that their name is out there they will only keep rising.

watched about 10 min of the show last night and had to change the channel. another stupid fully scripted "reality" show.