I lost my gat piece

Dicks sold me the wrong gun

So i went to dicks in easton pa on wed and the guys working in the lodge were terrible, so i just left and shot down to the one in allentown pa. I ended up buying 2 guns at the allentown store. a ruger 10/22 and a pardner pump. I saw the gun up on the shelf for $219 when the guy told me all the maverics were sold out and I said what is that. He took it down and handed me the pardner 18.5 barrel that asked for. I said alright I'll take this one too. He went in the back and returned with the ruger in box and the pardner box. The pardner had nothing distinguishable on the box besides the store's bar codes and the word PARDNER. The ruger box I opened but the pardner box had plastic straps around it. When I got home I opened it up and of course it was not the 18.5 hd gun that I wanted and needed but the 28 inch field model... Well im screwed, I'm stuck with it now and unless I want to cut the barrel or pay to have a gunsmith do it im stuck with more or less a useless gun; I guess I could sell it too. I just wanted to see if this ever happened to anyone else and if there is anything I should do? I was thinking about contacting the store and complaining and also contacting corporate. I know they won't take the gun back back but maybe they would compensate me in some way?

Sorry but I loled at the title of this thread when I saw it haha.

That sucks man but I am not surprised from this store. It sounds like they can't do anything right, at any of their stores.

As Junk said, I'd call them and tell them what happened. Throw in you are very frustrated that this happened and hopefully they will swap barrels or whatever. If they are not pro customer service, then sell the barrel on the forum and buy the 18.5'' one with the money earned.

You mean to say that the salesman never confirmed the serial # of the receiver?

I've never bought a gun that they trusted the # on the box to match the # on the gun.

Do they match?

Vlad and I are thinking the same thing... He just typed faster

They didn't sell you the wrong gun, YOU bought the wrong gun.

Gotta agree.. you bought a box.. not a firearm. Id check out the goods for at least cosmetic reasons. One peek into the box woulda threw up a red flag.

I also agree a nicely worded complaint to dicks corporate might score you either them covering your issue via cost of transfer or maybe some coupons to make better.

I agree with Heavyopp. How on earth can they sell you a gun without confirming the serial number on the gun is correct? I would call the Store Manager. They should know that the Salesman did not do his job correctly, as he is a liability to their FFL. They should also buy back your gun for what you paid, and sell you the correct gun less the fee for NICs. This is insane!!

I agree with Heavyopp. Hoiw on earth can they sell you a gun without confirming the serial number on the gun is correct. I would call the Store Manager.

I can almost be certain the guy at the counter matched the s/n the difference probably fell with him thinking that was the gun he was supposed to get (or worse couldnt tell the difference). I watched the clerk at dicks match the s/n on the box and the firearm itself without me seeing it so I can believe that it coulda went down without op being able to see the gun unless specifically asking to.

Not yet; After thinking over the situation carefully over the weekend at this point I decided I would actually be happier running a 3 shell extension tube and cutting the barrel flush with that (about 20 inches). So the 2 things are #1 I think I should ultimatly find myself responsible to check the gun at the store. #2 This will end up giving me a more desired setup after cutting the barrel.

Not yet; After thinking over the situation carefully over the weekend at this point I decided I would actually be happier running a 3 shell extension tube and cutting the barrel flush with that (about 20 inches). So the 2 things are #1 I think I should ultimatly find myself responsible to check the gun at the store. #2 This will end up giving me a more desired setup after cutting the barrel.

OK, thats all fine, but don't remember a confirmation of the numbers matched the sale to what you have in hand..