Njsarge

Apache helicopters taking out Taliban

Wow. Nothing "cool" about that- it's war. I sure wouldn't want to be fighting US. As much as I love, respect, admire, and am grateful for, the military, that's gruesome... even thru a FLIR camera.

It's really weird... I've seen alot of war footage, and so much of it plays like an action movie made in hollywood... but watching a taliban fighter, already wounded and crawling for his life, disappear in a cloud of machine gun fire.... whew....

fugg him.

I spent a year not seeing a single douche bag shooting at me and mine. When the Kiowas took out 3 with one missile we were overjoyed. Three was the magic number. We figured that was an IED team and we owed the some serious payback after they took some of ours.

fugg him... Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, just to be clear... no sympathy for the enemy. Just saying that footage is more in the "war is hell" category than the "ooh-rah" gung-ho category.

If I was on that chopper (helo for you navy boys) , I'd be doing the exact same thing.

Still not easy to watch.

But then, I'd have a much harder time killing a deer for food than I would a human who was threatening my life. As I was watching, the only ones I felt sorry for were the animals.

I've never served in the military, and I've never shot at or have been shot at by someone. But the only feeling I get when I view this video is gratification that our guys took those murderous thugs out. They were on their way to ambush a U.S. special forces team when the Apaches picked them up on their FLIR; they are enemy combatants who would love nothing better than to wear a U.S. scalp on their belts...literally. If they could, they'd like to perform decapitations on Americans in the middle of Times Square.

With all of that in mind, I cannot find it within myself to summon up even one IOTA of sympathy for the Taliban that were killed. And if collateral damage on animals in wartime bothers anyone, don't EVER watch WW1 footage, especially if you like horsies.

Scott in Bayonne

Site is blocked here at work but Fug them, they would do worse to our troops and if they had a choice between killing our troops, our wifes, our children, they wouldn't even have to think about it, take them all out so no sympathy for them at all. They are the enemy plain and simple..

Great footage, nice work. This was a 2 Apache and Spielberg Production... No animals were hurt during this filming... Which is amazing. All kidding aside.. Great job. But gotta say, we used the 30's as much as possible with the exception of a couple rocket strikes on single opfors. Waste of expensive armament. In the beginning it would have made more sense as long as there were no friendlies but to waste a single rocket on one man. Now you now why our defense bills are so high. Lol...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple..

At some point I think these types of operations begin to do more harm than good. We have been in this "war" for over ten years now. At some point our presence will become the motivation these people will have to attack us, that is if that is not already the case. For the most part none of these people have any remote chance of being able to attack our homeland. When our troops are using $70k missiles to kill individual combatants holding a $100 AK something is wrong. If we were focusing on the real problems in the middle east like Iran's nuclear program instead of attacking groups of meaningless fighters roaming around in remote mountain regions of an indigent country I would have a different opinion. Videos like this demonstrate some very cool technology but also showcase how it is being wasted on people that could never possibly pose a threat to anyone in the United States. Are they a threat to our troops in their country? Certainly but at some point we should be reevaluating what the hell we are doing in their country in the first place. Just sayin'

On September 10th, 2001, I'm sure a lot of Americans couldn't DREAM of these mutts being a problem to us. However, we've since learned that wasn't the case.

How about the "innocent sheepherders and farmers" that were imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay? I don't know the exact figure, but I betcha more than half of the ones we've let out to go back home have taken up arms against our troops again.

As to alienating the natives with our presence, well...you're probably right about that. Except for tribal rule the Afghans pretty much resent ANY authority figures, especially foreign powers. At the rate they (Afghan police and military) are turning-on and killing American military personnel, I would expect Obama to expedite the return of our ground troops there; at least I hope that is the plan, because every drop of American blood being spilled there is simply a waste, IMO. But WHILE we are there I think extermination of these two-legged vermin is a worthwhile venture.

ut gotta say, we used the 30's as much as possible with the exception of a couple rocket strikes on single opfors. Waste of expensive armament. In the beginning it would have made more sense as long as there were no friendlies but to waste a single rocket on one man. Now you now why our defense bills are so high. Lol...

If you listen, you can hear the gunner say they are "Winchester" on the .30. That means it's empty.

I feel indifferent as the combatants chose the profession of being a warrior, and there are severe consequences if a person stays in said profession for too long (or any amount of time really). They met the wrong end of the spear, and on another day they might have not. I knew that risk like others-- just was smart enough to get out of dodge before it caught up to me.

With that said, I'm with the small minority that doesn't necessarily advocate dehumanizing others for the sake of justifying a systematic demise. I don't care if you do, I just don't.