Sixtytwo327

Home Invasion: What Would You Do?

At 5:45 am on a Monday morning, a doped-up junkie crashes his car into a tree on your property, then gets out, pulls out a rifle and starts banging on your front door… WHAT DO YOU DO?

Of course, we start thinking 9 vs. 45, or handgun vs. shotgun vs. rifle, lights or lasers, or the best “premium home defense” loads, but every one of us is wrong, totally wrong.

The correct answer is, if you are 79-year old Ervin Brittnacher, former professional bull rider, former nightclub bouncer, current professional BAMF, you walk up to your armed, bath salt-crazed attacker, and you punch him in the throat, then you wait for police to cart his unconscious body off to jail.

http://abcnews.go.co...53#.UMEu7INZV5Z

This story made me smile.

If I were a physically-ft former bounce and knew how to disable someone like that, sure. But, I am a 5'-10" overweight software professional. I'm thinking shotgun 100%.

As a 165lb 5'9" guitar player, I agree. lol

Thank GOD for a good old fashion american, not afraid to defend his life. I wonder what a liberal would have done ...

Probably put on their Jimmy Cater memorabilia and then flamboyantly run out the back door with their gay partner to their Chevy Volt while smoking a giant doobie, all the while passing out food stamps and.birth control to illegal immigrants while heading to the nearest abortion clinic to praise satan. AMIRITE!?!?!

Probably put on their Jimmy Cater memorabilia and then flamboyantly run out the back door with their gay partner to their Chevy Volt while smoking a giant doobie, all the while passing out food stamps and.birth control to illegal immigrants while heading to the nearest abortion clinic to praise satan. AMIRITE!?!?!

Pure gold!

You sir, should hold public office. :)

Next time, please start with "SWALLOW YOUR COFFEE BEFORE READING" Thank you. That was classic!

Yes, a great story, but only because of the outcome and the guys age. In reality, it was a pretty stupid act as far as I'm concerned. Since the perp had not been in his house at the time he noticed him, the 1st thing should have been a call to 911. The 2nd act should have been the man grabbing his gun. But then again, since this is Texas, maybe the ways of doing things are different down there.

Yes, a great story, but only because of the outcome and the guys age. In reality, it was a pretty stupid act as far as I'm concerned. Since the perp had not been in his house at the time he noticed him, the 1st thing should have been a call to 911. The 2nd act should have been the man grabbing his gun. But then again, since this is Texas, maybe the ways of doing things are different down there.

Yeah, in Texas you actually have rights when people are on your property.

I agree, he should have killed the motherf*cker. No doubt the perp will eventually hurt or kill someone with his drug crazed violent antics.

Sir, with all due respect, New Jersey has removed your balls. What I find bothersome (unless your post was tongue in cheek) is that you seem to be happy living life as an eunuch.

Sir, with all due respect, New Jersey has removed your balls. What I find bothersome (unless your post was tongue in cheek) is that you seem to be happy living life as an eunuch.

My comments have nothing to do with living in NJ. Read the article. An "agitated man came to his front door with a gun and tried to break into his home....". Not coming to the door with a firearm that you own is considered a stupid act as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter what state you live in.

My comments have nothing to do with living in NJ. Read the article. An "agitated man came to his front door with a gun and tried to break into his home....". Not coming to the door with a firearm that you own is considered a stupid act as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter what state you live in.

I read the article. Your frame of reference needs to be reset as soon as you step outside the North East. This is the most sobering part of spending time elsewhere in the country. I was in Louisiana recently for work. Do you have any clue how quickly the discussions turn to guns as hobbies when you step outside this liberal sanctuary? There's NO TABOO ON GUNS in at least 33 states in this nation. Further there's no taboo on protecting your life AND POSSESSIONS in many of those 33 states.

NJ's run and cower and NYC's king for life only have sway on a few states.

I read the article. Your frame of reference needs to be reset as soon as you step outside the North East. This is the most sobering part of spending time elsewhere in the country. I was in Louisiana recently for work. Do you have any clue how quickly the discussions turn to guns as hobbies when you step outside this liberal sanctuary? There's NO TABOO ON GUNS in at least 33 states in this nation. Further there's no taboo on protecting your life AND POSSESSIONS in many of those 33 states.

NJ's run and cower and NYC's king for life only have sway on a few states.

I understand, however you're missing my point. Regardless of which part of the country you live it, coming to your door (let alone opening it) without being armed based on the cirmustances of this incident is stupid. Wouldn't you agree?