cutterOne

Was at my local shop today...

Went to my local shop today (Heritage Guild in Branchburg). Was looking at buying a gun safe. While there decided to start looking at pistols as I'll be putting in my P2P paperwork this week. Anyway, while there some other customer was talking to one of the guys who works there who is a former LEO. The part of the conversation that caught my attention was when the guy asked about "AR"s and the frenzy of buying. The former LEO behind the counter mentioned "people are getting them now, 'cause come February you won't be able too" I'm wondering what his source of info was/is but as a former LEO he might "know" some people. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration.

Oh, and the rifle section, which has been fully stocked every time I go there....was almost completely bare except for shotguns.

Cutter

Yeah, I would've chalked it up to trying to make sales, except the guy he was talking too wasn't buying, nor seemed like he was. What struck me as odd was the specifics of "February". He seemed pretty confident that Feb. would be the beginning of "no-buy" for AR's. Anyway, could've just been nothing, just seemed more specific than a general "well, they might get banned" comment.

Yeah, I would've chalked it up to trying to make sales, except the guy he was talking too wasn't buying, nor seemed like he was. What struck me as odd was the specifics of "February". He seemed pretty confident that Feb. would be the beginning of "no-buy" for AR's. Anyway, could've just been nothing, just seemed more specific than a general "well, they might get banned" comment.

I guess former LEO speculated... he said Feb, cuz he've heard Obama said that he needs to introduce some type of gun control legislation by the end of January...

Brick armory and shore shit told me the same thing while I was on my search for a second ar. Anyway its bs..uf there was any truth to it no company would he producing lowers or components because they would be stuck with the product and no way to sell it.

No one knows what will happen in the future!

They are just watching the news and surfing the net, just like all of us here, and expressing their opinion.

This. The gent behind the counter might have been Don. His sense of humor is rather dry. Spend some time with him and you'll understand him a lot better.

Probably the best indicator of where the gun laws are going is the sale of gun storage containers, for those burying their guns, and remember to not bury on your own property, thats the first place law enforcement will look when they come to confiscate societys guns.

And if it ever comes to that, "salt" your property with buried metal. Nails, scrap, whatever. Make the fascists work for it.

Brick armory and shore shit told me the same thing while I was on my search for a second ar. Anyway its bs..uf there was any truth to it no company would he producing lowers or components because they would be stuck with the product and no way to sell it.

not necessarily, the first time the AWB was instated, manufactures pounded out as much as they could. The ban was on producing the weapons, not selling.

Joe Biden has to put together a proposal by early January. The President intends to move quickly on this. So, sure come sometime in February the ban should be in effect. . He didn't "know" anything more than anyone else who has been watching the news... AR's are definitely on the list!

I wouldn't believe any of the garbage any employee at that place has to say. My friends rifle was deemed illegal when he tried trading it in, those clowns over there don't know anything about NJ laws or guns. Not a problem, I will take my business and money elsewhere.

As others mentioned, no one really knows.

We have the biggest tax hike in history coming in less than 36 hours that no one knows what will happen, yet you expect some gun shop expert to know? Its called making sales and charging $1800 for a $650 DPMS rifle.

LEO are just gun people like everyone else. They don't have any more of a clue to what is happening than anyone else.

The reality is.... no one knows what if any new gun laws will pass. Personally, don't think there will be an AWB, and this will be yet another Obama rush. I think in 36 hours we will start talking about taxes and how fucked the economy really is, and this whole gun talk will be going away slowly.

Today Obama was on Meet the Press and said his top priorities were immigration, economy and debt.

I wouldn't believe any of the garbage any employee at that place has to say. My friends rifle was deemed illegal when he tried trading it in, those clowns over there don't know anything about NJ laws or guns. Not a problem, I will take my business and money elsewhere.

What did he have that they thought was illegal?

LEO don't make laws, nor are they on any sort of inside track. They are the grunts that are tasked with blindly enforcing them to generate revenue and overtime.

Anyways I'd say a ban of some sort is likely within the next few months.

Not all LEO's use walking sticks and wear black sunglasses, and a few are actully pro gun. That being said he is probably trying to sell guns (good selling technique) and guessing by looking at which way the wind is blowing. Scoll through these forums and you will find PLENTY of people here talking the same talk about gun bans, new laws, confiscation.