W2SJW

Proud owner of a brand-new Cx4 Storm - anyone else an owner?

Hi guys!

An employee at the Heritage Guild turned me on to this site when I was there the week after Christmas (the Branchburg location). The only other forum I regulary participate in is GlockTalk.com, as I've been an owner of one since 2009. I had no idea you guys were here!

I just grabbed a brand-new 9mm Beretta Cx4 Storm from the Easton location, and I'm looking forward to my first chance to get back there & try her out. Numerous friends have Hi-Point carbines in 9mm & .45, but I could not see myself buying one. I fell in love with the Cx4 as soon as I saw it, and with Beretta focusing the production lines almost solely on the full-auto models for the police agency in India that put in a large contract, these are getting as hard to find as hen's teeth/unicorn farts! :rofl:

Anone else here own one, and willing to give your own personal opinion? Most other public forums I've read, the owners love them.

Qp8kT.jpg

I have one, and I take it with me every time I go to the range. Mines a little different as I dont have the checkering on the front grip area like yours but I put a front grip on it to fix that. The trigger is iffy but I left it alone and am looking for a red dot type scope for it.

HG-Easton told me that these are the latest generation, and they come with the pic-rail on the top from the factory.

I'm going to leave the internals alone for now, but if I have issues in the future, I have no qualms about getting both the Sierra-Papa upgrade kits.

I WANT to own one, does that count? LOL. Welcome to the forum. Thats a beautiful gun right there. I'm on the hunt for one of these puppies in 9 mm also but I might be SOL since they are so scarce. I've been kicking myself for missing out on a trade that a member here offered last week for a mini 14. I thought about it a bit too long and missed out. :tommy:

Anyhow, I've read a lot of good things about the CX4. The only negative that seems to pop up fairly frequently have to do with the trigger....but thats not a game changer for me as it would be easily remedied if need be.

I had one that looked exactly like that. Shot it, sold it. It was nice but not my cup of tea. Love my Keltec Sub 2000 though.

reversed for me

I had the Kel-tec, and realized the gun wasn't all the reliable. Or lefty friendly. But the Cx4 is the 9mm carbine version of the AR. Keep that bad boy, it'll run like a champ.

I had one in 45, awesome! Looks like laser gun shoots like a laser gun! You really dont need a red dot, had one on mine took it off its that accurate, sold it only because i dont shoot 45 much... i miss her though... i heard there is a newer version coming out and it doesnt have the attached iron sights like the current model.

i heard there is a newer version coming out and it doesnt have the attached iron sights like the current model.

Take a look at the Sierra Papa trigger kit. It turns a mushy plastic trigger into a pretty good one.

this and this

I went with the CX because it takes the same mags as my 92. Sighted her in tonight and very happy with the accuracy. Won't win any long range point contests, but it will make for a long day for anyone within 50 yards with bad intentions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have a 9mm CX4 as well. Very accurate, compact and soft shooting. One gripe I have is that it's a bit difficult to hit the mag release without adjusting my grip due to the bar that connects the grip to the stock. Wish there was a extened mag relase for it.

Also, how much better does the SP trigger kit make it? It's a bit steep at ~$175. Is it really worth it?

They are the finest Pistol Caliber Carbines on the planet.

Now go get yourself a Storm Packer Buttstock magazine holder. I put one on mine and now I have 46 rounds for HD physically on the gun. I don't ever see me needing 46 rounds of 9mm for HD, but it's nice to know I have it.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis-stormpacker-magazine-holster.html

Holy cheet mang. Cx4 are going for $1500 on gun broker. Wow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I got mine for $799. I had some Christmas cash from my family that also helped to knock $100 off the main ticket cost. I guess I got lucky...

Congrats!

You have a nice rifle there.

I have one but it is out in Arizona at a friends ranch.

CX4inAZ_zpsf471d6c8.jpg

Try the Beretta Forum for a lot more info on it.

http://berettaforum....isplay.php?f=38

+ one to Dirtyigz on the spring/rod upgrade. Athough with a new one you might at least already have the one piece offered by Berreta.

On the trigger, try it for a while if its OK for you keep it the way it is.

Houts sells some spare stuff for it, and has some interesting reading.

http://www.houtsente...es.com/cx4.html

And spare mags and a speed loader !

Like Kram, I *want* to own one really bad! Been saving for a few months and finally got the money together just in time for the gun-buying craze.

When I went shooting at Shore Shot today, one of guys working there told me it's been discontinued. I haven't been able to corroborate this online; I wouldn't have thought this was true given the massive order from India (wikipedia), so can anyone here verify or refute?

Agghh want one of these so bad!

Pythagoras I feel your pain.

Here a couple of long shots from other forums. Best of Luck!

Heritage Guild in Easton, PA & Branchburg, NJ have all three calibers for $799. (as of 5 days ago)

Shop in Hooksette NH called Rileys 603-485-5000 (as of 7 days ago)

I am not going to part with mine unless somebody makes an insane offer I can' refuse! :crazy:

PS Gun Broker haas plenty available for even insaner prices! (2x new list for used!) :scared:

Like Kram, I *want* to own one really bad! Been saving for a few months and finally got the money together just in time for the gun-buying craze.

When I went shooting at Shore Shot today, one of guys working there told me it's been discontinued. I haven't been able to corroborate this online; I wouldn't have thought this was true given the massive order from India (wikipedia), so can anyone here verify or refute?

Agghh want one of these so bad!

I called Beretta directly and was told that production has been halted. They told me its for 1 of 2 reasons: Redesign or a large Military order was placed and needs to be filled before they continue production of civilian models.