Barms

UPS says ammo shipped to my door.. it wasnt there..

tracking number says delivered 1:20. Arrive home at 3:30 its not there.

i've never had packages stolen from my residence.

UPS says i have to contact shipper.. (Palmetto State) to sort it out.

Do i contact police in the meantime? Not so crazy about a stolen box of 556 with my name on it floating around.

Sounds like maybe you approached it wrong with UPS customer service... Meaning, you may have given them the indication early that it walked off, instead of pushing the driver mis-delivered. Mis-deliveries seem to be getting more and more common with the USPS and both major commercial carriers. I would call UPS again myself. Hopefully you payed with credit card as that may be the best way to not get a raw deal.

I would say contact the shipper first. UPS's contract is with the shipper, which is why they track the trace from there.

I've played that scenario in my head too, and I'd probably dial up my local police's number too, and chat with them. Not just because there's a box of 556 out there with my name on it. Also because since local PD is the one issuing my ID and permits, I like to keep on their good side.

I wasn't aware that ORM-D packages could be left at the door sans signature.

The past few times it's been getting left w/o signature.

A while back the guy insisted on knocking on my door for the signature, and told me he wasn't allowed to leave ammo un-signed. 5000 rounds of CCI SV up 3 flights of stairs: I felt bad for him.

i have worried about this in the past enough that I have since re routed all of my packages to my business address where I know someone will be during ups/usps/fedex delivering hours.

they will absolutely drop orm-d packages off on the doorstep with no signature. i live in a condo complex and was not at all comfortable with this.

contact ups and submit an inquiry. i can guarantee you that will be easier than dealing with psa.

I think I've actually had this nightmare before

P.S. I just got a 40 lb package from SG ammo without any ORM-D markings and a single blank 2.25" DOT label affixed:

S_18719_L.GIF

Weird!

got 2 this week from sg and they both had the propper orm-d markings on them

I have had this happen with Amazon before, you have to contact them because they have the contract with UPS and the mix up will start from when it left their hands. Amazon eneded up replaceing my item however ups eded up delivering the missing item about 2 weeks later and after I received the replacemet. They screwed it up and we were thinking it was stolen because it was left on the door step right before christmas.

Good luck

Im sure it will turn up.

I would not call the cops right away who needs them kowing what

you are up too for now.

I think I've actually had this nightmare before

P.S. I just got a 40 lb package from SG ammo without any ORM-D markings and a single blank 2.25" DOT label affixed:

S_18719_L.GIF

Weird!

Not a blank label! That is the NEW label. ORM-D labels are done the end of this year.

I found a $2500 block sitting in my driveway one day. They were to call me within a 1/2 hour of the delivery so I could be there, it was just left sitting on a pallet. Not too many people would even know what the heck it is, but just leaving it there, man........

I found a $2500 block sitting in my driveway one day. They were to call me within a 1/2 hour of the delivery so I could be there, it was just left sitting on a pallet. Not too many people would even know what the heck it is, but just leaving it there, man........

Cool, Nick and Alec have pick-um-up trucks and I might be able to get my hands on a forklift, let us know when the next delivery is Mike. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a blank label! That is the NEW label. ORM-D labels are done the end of this year.

I got a box from SGammo yesterday that didnt have anything on the outside.

I can't complain, my apartment building is mostly ex military or reservist.. They would of seen the labels and had to inspect it and test fire for me lol

With shipment to your home make sure you have them ship it adult signature required. UPS and FEDEX both are aloud to drop a package without a signature unless marked for it.

FEDEX left a rifle outside my door ( signature was required ). Rifle was sitting there for 5 hours.

If someone lifted it i would not have known untill i would call Weatherby to ask where it is.

I got a box from SGammo yesterday that didnt have anything on the outside.

I can't complain, my apartment building is mostly ex military or reservist.. They would of seen the labels and had to inspect it and test fire for me lol

Electronically coded shipment label like the one I got with my 9mm for SG? New shipping software encodes the hazmat in the QR code, plus UPS is only super staunch on the label if going by air. My SG box also had the new label however.

Verify the address that was on the label from the shipper! I had ammo shipped from Cabelas, and they put the wrong house # down. They verified the address with me. I went that house and my package was on their porch. Before I verified with cabelas, I called UPS. They said it was not their fault and to contact cabelas to open an investigation.

Every time I get ammo delivered the driver just leaves it at the door.

I had a rifle shipped back from the company once, it was also left at my door.

Good luck getting through to Palmetto, that is probably your best bet. Call them repeatedly and email them at the same time.

As a reputable business, it's their responsibility to see that you get what you order, even when the shipment "goes south." With that said, there are many businesses that make you purchase insurance along with the shipping, even though most good sellers won't make you purchase optional insurance. If they offer it, and you purchased it, there shouldn't be any issues with the missing shipment being replaced. If they didn't require you to purchase insurance, it's on them to make your order complete, as quickly as possible, even if that means they replace the shipment and dick with the carrier after the fact. At least, that's how we handled it at my business.