dman2112

Be Careful When You Purchase a Pistol .....

I recently purchased an HK P30 from RTSP. When I was in the "sales" process, the display gun and its tag clearly stated that it was a 13 round model.

Unfortunately the unit I received had 10 rounders. It was my fault however, as my receipt said "10 rnd" (small font, old eyes).

I didn't realize it until after the NICS was done, so I'm SOL.

Again, clearly my fault for not checking but be careful there and double check what you are getting.

dman2112

Have you called them and explained what happened? I'm sure they will resolve for you. Maybe they will order you some free 13 round mags.

On another note, let me know how you like the .40 cal P30. I just picked up a 9mm P30.

So, the gun is capable of holding 13 round mags but only 10 round mags were included with this pistol, correct??

I would say that this is not just an RTSP thing, caveat emptor (buyer beware) always always always applies regardless of the seller.

Saiga put down on the transfer paperwork as a bolt-action rifle...

I think you are being unfair to try to tarnish the reputation of a great place like this for what is a simple mistake. This is not something they try to do. I would suggest you call them and explain your situation to one of the owners. If this was their mistake I am sure they will treat you well, that is the type people they are. When I bought my gun there they opened up the case and showed and explained to me everything in it before I signed anything.

I think you are being unfair to try to tarnish the reputation of a great place like this for what is a simple mistake. This is not something they try to do. I would suggest you call them and explain your situation to one of the owners. If this was their mistake I am sure they will treat you well, that is the type people they are. When I bought my gun there they opened up the case and showed and explained to me everything in it before I signed anything.

In all fairness I don't believe the OP was attempting to "Tarnish" anyone, the wording as such clearly puts much of the fault on the OP with more of an example to check the specs before everything is filled out and signed.We have already acknowledged that it can happen anywhere and occasionally does.

I will concede that the title of the topic may be rather leading.

If it's the same caliber and size handgun and all you're missing is the mags you should STOP IN immediately and talk to someone there about it. I'm pretty sure RTSP will do whatever they can for you as they're very involved in the social media realm and like any other good company their reputation matters to them.

I have 10s for everything -- because betting that politicians won't do something stupid and ineffective has always been a bad bet. If a pistol came with 13s, I'd buy a couple of 10s. If it came with 10s, I'd buy a couple of 13s.

Of course I'd let them know. Maybe they can let you have a price break on 13s.

Consider it a blessing. You won't have to worry about them being illegal in a few months.

Sent from my DROID4

Paul,

That made me chuckle.

I don't believe the OP was tarnishing them. I would call them and see what they can do.

I have 10s for everything -- because betting that politicians won't do something stupid and ineffective has always been a bad bet. If a pistol came with 13s, I'd buy a couple of 10s. If it came with 10s, I'd buy a couple of 13s.

Of course I'd let them know. Maybe they can let you have a price break on 13s.

Ditto. I have at least one 10 round mag for each of my guns except the Walther PPQ 9mm for which I have not been able to find 10 rd mags. Not defeatist, just prudent. Worst case I have a few extra mags. Best case I have a functional gun in the unfortunate event all my other mags are lost in a tragic boating accident.

Sorry to hear that. To add HK mags have been hard to get. My friend's still on the hunt for P30 mags. I'd say be happy that you got 10rdrs instead of 13 as they are even harder to get and more expensive. Sux that you were anticipating for the full capacity to come home to this, but I think you got the better end of the deal. Be happy that it came with mags too. My friend in PRNY said people were picking up handguns without any mags.

If it was me, the chance to have a new toy in my hand far exceeds the 3rds I'm missing in the mag.

Yes I mentioned it to them but they kind of shrugged their shoulders. I didn't make a big deal about it as I got a great deal from CDNN for 13 rounders and picked up 4. I am of the type that just remembers these things for the next time I decide to buy something, you know what to expect. Not a big deal. Its really not my loss its theirs. I was just trying to be helpful to the community here in case they were waiting for their P2Pees to come in and were shopping for something.

In addition, I was thinking when Christie caves and we have to have 10 rounders I can still shoot the thing until I get my 13 rounders pinned.

dman2112

In all fairness I don't believe the OP was attempting to "Tarnish" anyone, the wording as such clearly puts much of the fault on the OP with more of an example to check the specs before everything is filled out and signed.We have already acknowledged that it can happen anywhere and occasionally does.

I will concede that the title of the topic may be rather leading.

Well you very well might be correct, but I think just the act of placing their name in the thread is tarnishing to some degree. They like any other small business work hard to do a good job and unfortunately it is very easy to have your reputation tarnished. Until proven otherwise I have to assume this was just an innocent mistake, and if it was theirs, I am sure they will work with the OP. I just hate to see negative things linked to a small business that really does care about their customers.

Just this morning I was talking with one of the owners about a gun I want to buy and he said they don't have one now but they have some coming in but who knows when. I asked if I should wait and he said that if I can find one elsewhere that I should look into it and not feel bad about it. I explain that when possible I like to try to support the local business, but an attitude like he had is further proof that they are a top notch shop.

Or they swapped out the mags and threw the standard mags on gunb4oker. Regular p30 mags are now over $100 on gunbroker.

If the box said 13 rounds mags.... I would ask for them. The other thing. .... Make sure the mags you got are genuine hk mags.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Except in cases when they are not open to constructive criticism when they got a shit ton of new business from th4 forum before opening and then bail because a few poeple were pissed off at the stupid high membership prices.

Except in cases when they are not open to constructive criticism when they got a shit ton of new business from th4 forum before opening and then bail because a few poeple were pissed off at the stupid high membership prices.

excellent point

Question, some other company makes knock-off HK mags?