So, I recently found this article listing all of the civilian militias in different states. http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/list-of-u-s-militia-groups/

30-something states have one or more militias, including New York. Is there a definitive reason why we don't have a militia in NJ? Lack of interest? Legal issues?

Would anyone consider joining one if an organization ever gets created?

Many of the groups in that list have their own agenda that are not reflective of law abiding society. Some are groups of military wannabes. There are legit state militias out there. I would tred carefully and research any such organization before I got involved in it.

Many of the groups in that list have their own agenda that are not reflective of law abiding society. Some are groups of military wannabes. There are legit state militias out there. I would tred carefully and research any such organization before I got involved in it.

I hear you. But the big picture is that we have ZERO militias in the People's Republic of NJ. Just trying to understand why and gauge people's interest in hypothetically joining one.

I believe this topic has been discussed before http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22808-nj-militia/

I would be wary of some groups because NJ has laws against it. New Jersey. Anti-paramilitary training. N.J. Rev. Stat. § 2C:39-14

also google results-- http://wramsite.com/group/newjersey

I just read the older forum post regarding the militias and our navy. The anti-paramilitary law does make for a messy legal status.. Oh well, there goes that!

Here's to supporting each other as gun owners and Americans, without being official :drinks:

NJ ZED

Bet me to it. Although I don't consider them a real militia because they are controlled by our government...

The organized militia is the national guard.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

in my opinion joining anything like that in the current climate would be a sure way to end up on a watch list or worse...and i would think the only way to avoid such an outcome would be if it were a secret non advertised/ non social media/ not for attention type thing...like fight club....until the wrong person joined that couldnt keep his mouth closed....again...just my opinion

Bet me to it. Although I don't consider them a real militia because they are controlled by our government...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

True, but going the the Militia Act, the National Guard is the organized militia, with every able bodied male >17 y.o. being the unorganized militia. Today of course we have males and females being part of the militia too. The only exceptions would be a few people including politicians and postal workers.

I don't know if NJ considers it to be this way though.

I think the only militia Jersey would allow us to have is an "Air-soft" Militia. -but then again they might allow us to have muskets and powder horns, but only if we were being attacked by hostile Indians (no offense to any native Americans out there.)

I think the only militia Jersey would allow us to have is an "Air-soft" Militia. -but then again they might allow us to have muskets and powder horns, but only if we were being attacked by hostile Indians (no offense to any native Americans out there.)

native Americans are not native Americans. They came from Asia and stop being pc, those fks did attack the settlers......it's history man, $hit happened :)

native Americans are not native Americans. They came from Asia and stop being pc, those fks did attack the settlers......it's history man, $hit happened :)

Settlers=invaders

F*cks=freedom fighters

The difference is that the invaders won...with arms and...with smallpox.

You claim that because Native Americans (so named because their indigenous status on this land predates recorded history) migrated here from Asia that they had no claim to the land they were eradicated from?

That's thin.

Non-PC enough?

Back on topic, I have not come across a militia organization that I would remotely consider joining. Major research would be required. And definitely not in this state.

Maybe you don't believe they are Native Americans ...that's your choice. If you don't want to be pc yourself, Asians didn't come from Asia nor Europeans from Europe. And where-ever your family came from before they came to America most likely is not native to you either because their ancestors came from somewhere else also.

Even if we narrowed the results for the American Indians to the last thousand years, they would still have been here. For all intensive purposes I think that would qualify them as natives more than you or I or any settlers that came here. The overwhelming majority of all Internet search engines agree that they are indeed Native Americans. And by the way, "Attacking settlers" has nothing to with the issue at all.

If Rutgers is where you gained your knowledge of history, I'd ask for a refund.

My apologies to the OP for going so far off topic, but it seems we can't make innocent comments any more without people putting them under a magnifying glass and finding some perceived fault. The use of foul language as a means to somehow bolster the validity of ones opinion is juvenile and rude (even if it is followed by a smiley face.) If it was a joke... I don't get it.

LMAO :) WTF kind of militia could we have when even sling shots are illegal. :)

LMAO :) WTF kind of militia could we have when even sling shots are illegal. :)

LMAO Because he i so sadly right!!!! No slingshots! Also no mace or pepper spray for a woman to use against a potential rapist. Tasers are also illegal and you need a permit to buy a BB gun.

This State is out of control and I want to change it by putting people with common sense in political office.