Melgamatic

New movie with lots of guns

I was annoyed with the world last night, so went out for a late night movie by myself and saw "John Wick" starring Keanu Reeves as a retired super hit man who is dragged back into action when he's accidentally targeted by the wrong guy.

Tons of shooting, and more point blank head shots than any other 10 movies you've seen combined.

Kel-Tec KSG, H&K all over, lots of cool stuff.

Perhaps a great movie, but a fun way to relax for 2 hours.

Thats a solid grip on that handgun, but his rifle is jammed :)

Good spot but it is just at slidelock. This is very common with movie guns. The firearms props guy will only load enough rounds (movie blanks with extra muzzle flash) to finish the take to minimize the chance of any mishaps. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen pistols at slidelock in one shot suddenly go back into battery without a reload when the camera cuts to a different angle.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Unless the gun is modified in a very funny way, that doesn't look like slidelock, but maybe I'm wrong. If you zoom in you can see the bolt itself protruding from the shinny carrier, it is nearly all the way forward, maybe 1" or so away from the barrel extension. I suppose they could use form of very short stroking blank fed from a modified mag or something.

Good spot but it is just at slidelock. This is very common with movie guns. The firearms props guy will only load enough rounds (movie blanks with extra muzzle flash) to finish the take to minimize the chance of any mishaps. I have lost count of the number of times I have seen pistols at slidelock in one shot suddenly go back into battery without a reload when the camera cuts to a different angle.

They could just put a snap-cap or dummy round as the last one in the mag and avoid having it lock open.

They could just put a snap-cap or dummy round as the last one in the mag and avoid having it lock open.

True, but usually they don't. I actually know a pro stunt driver. He says the firearms experts that are brought in try to tell them how things go in real life. They usually get overruled by the director who knows how he wants it to look to be cool. :unsure:

Wrong grip, your only allowed to teacup grip in hollywood

Shit man,  I'm just glad they don't all shoot one handed and curving the bullets. I could fit small moons in the spaces between the movies with decent handling of guns.  Let see ... Ronin, Heat, Way of the Gun, Collateral and maybe Open Range?

Heat is a great movie but it def isn't an action or gun flick. Yes, there is one excellant gun fight but it is a very small part of the movie. It's more a movie about the moral code the characters live by, how that dedication effects their lives and what happens when they collide. Great character driven movie with powerful performances.

How was the movie besides lots of guns to look at?