mikeyjones

Quickest turnaround ever for P2Ps

What counties are you guys in? -- I just applied for 3 this morning 

Detective said they been taking 2 months lately

From what I understand some counties are quicker than others with the mental health records...

I'm in middlesex county

Living in NJ changes the way we all think.  In the rest of America, nobody says "hooray, it only took the police 2 weeks to approve my application to exercise a right."  The worst part is that as long as we're content having our rights infringed a little less than the guy in the next town, we'll never do anything to regain our rights.

Years a go, and I mean years, Nutley was 2 days. They had drop off on Tuesday and pick up Thursday. In FL it's may I have that and they say yes here's form 4473 thanks.

Isn't there a 7-day waiting period from when you apply for a permit to when you can purchase?  It doesn't come into play when the permits take longer than that to get, but say you got a permit on the spot.  Wouldn't you still need to wait?

Isn't there a 7-day waiting period from when you apply for a permit to when you can purchase?  It doesn't come into play when the permits take longer than that to get, but say you got a permit on the spot.  Wouldn't you still need to wait?

I'm not aware of any.  I always believed I could march right down to my FFL once I got the doc in hand. And I think I did that, once or twice. And mine were always made available with 1-2 days of signature.

The only waiting period of which I'm aware is OGAM.  :dontknow:

I believe that you weren't supposed to be able to get your permits for a min of 7 days from the day you apply.

When I lived in Montville, I never experienced that. I always had to wait over a month, usually around 2-3 months.

There's a relatively new chief and even with the old one I never wait more than a month.

2C:58-2a(5)(a)

A transfer can not take place for 7 days since permit application.

Ah, OK. So you can't file the application on day 1, receive the permit on day 2, and do a transfer on days 2-7.   Never applied to me as it always took at least two weeks. So I could use them immediately upon delivery.

Living in NJ changes the way we all think.  In the rest of America, nobody says "hooray, it only took the police 2 weeks to approve my application to exercise a right."  The worst part is that as long as we're content having our rights infringed a little less than the guy in the next town, we'll never do anything to regain our rights.

Why are we forgetting that it should take zero days. You are 21? Not a criminal? Call NICS, swipe CC; here is your gun.

The fact that we are happy that we are allowed to excersise a right in any time be it 12 or 112 days is disgusting.

And these two messages fall on deaf ears, SHAMEFULL!!!

And a big part as to why I'm leaving this state

Why are we forgetting that it should take zero days. You are 21? Not a criminal? Call NICS, swipe CC; here is your gun.

The fact that we are happy that we are allowed to excersise a right in any time be it 12 or 112 days is disgusting.

Agreed bro.