Rob0115

Newark NJ

I Work in Newark. I Would pay quite a bit of money to be allowed to carry there.

I Have to contact the PD and see if there is a way for me to bring my firearm to work with me and carry it on premises when i am on my property. It'll keep spreading until a solution is found. Linden and Elizabeth are right north of where i live and all the shitty people are slowly radiating outwards. The level of crime has been increasing dramatically since i was a kid. I Can't wait to move out of Woodbridge and further south.

Pretty sure this fall within the law.  You can transport between residences and place of business (IIRC) and on the premises if you own the business (I recommend you do the research, understand and are comfortable with the law).  Just don't transport HP between residence and business--you need to stop at the range on the way. 

Most bad stuff in Newark doesn't make the papers.....they'd have to print an entire paper once a week as a police blotter. Worked there for 20 yrs. and every day was a circus....burglaries, muggings, car-jacking, hold-ups, strong arm robberies, murder, rape, you name it......a daily occurrence.

If you are a business or property owner in NJ you can carry on your premises, IMO.

The law is clear. You are allowed to carry in your own home and place of business (if you are the owner). You can transport your firearm between your home, place of business (if you are the owner), and gun range/club - no deviations allowed.

The law is clear. You are allowed to carry in your own home and place of business (if you are the owner). You can transport your firearm between your home, place of business (if you are the owner), and gun range/club - no deviations allowed.

Deviations that are reasonable under the circumstances are allowed (whatever that means) ;-)

For those of you familiar with the law; My father is the property owner. I am the property manager part time & Work in one of the units, as well (Partner of the business operating in the warehouse; Building is a larger warehouse with some storefronts in the front; liquor store, etc.). Would i still be allowed to carry? Also, because the front of the building is a storefront, there is an oversized sidewalk and in order to get from one store to the next i would have to walk up/down said sidewalk. Any ideas as to what the rules would be for that? The units are connected to one another but have solid walls in between. Only way to get around from one unit to the next is by using the sidewalk. Not sure what the law say's about that? Technically, it could be said that i am transporting the firearm from one property to the next?
Thanks for the info!

Disparity of force. No difference if they are armed or unarmed. You need to articulate why you were in fear of your life or serious injury. You might be justified in shooting one of your assailants.

Each use of deadly force situition is judged on its own merits. The situation presented in the video doesn't justify Chuck Norris using a firearm. If you're in your 60s with arthritis, a heart condition, and emphysema you probably would be.

Very few use of deadly force situations are black and white. Most fall some where in the grey.

Not sure you are right about that.

The way I always understood it was that the assailant has to have Ability to inflict serious bodily harm or death onto you, Oppertunity, and Proximity to do so. You must preclude every other possibility before using deadly force.

The way I see it anyone has the ability to inflict serious bodily harm or death be it a 300lb thug with his fists or a 10 year old kid with a baseball bat. My physical ability and stature is irrelevant in this. Some douchebag playing the knock out game can kill a 28 year old same as he can kill a 82 year old.

Regardless of the ability of the victim. If he is getting his ass kicked by multiple people at the same time they all the have ability to cause death. They all have the opertunity and proximity as well. He has no way out. To me it seems pretty cut and dry. Unless he started the fight, he has the justification to use deadly force.

Pretty sure this fall within the law.  You can transport between residences and place of business (IIRC) and on the premises if you own the business (I recommend you do the research, understand and are comfortable with the law).  Just don't transport HP between residence and business--you need to stop at the range on the way.

Why don't you buy some hollowpoints and go directly from place of purchase to your business and leave them there.

Why don't you buy some hollowpoints and go directly from place of purchase to your business and leave them there.

That would be the easiest way.  Just pointing out that, based on NJ law and case law from Aitkin, you cannot legally transport HP between residences or between res and bus.

The law for transporting HG and HP sounds similar, don't make the mistake of thinking they are identical.

Disparity of force. No difference if they are armed or unarmed. You need to articulate why you were in fear of your life or serious injury. You might be justified in shooting one of your assailants.

Each use of deadly force situition is judged on its own merits. The situation presented in the video doesn't justify Chuck Norris using a firearm. If you're in your 60s with arthritis, a heart condition, and emphysema you probably would be.

Very few use of deadly force situations are black and white. Most fall some where in the grey.

so youre saying that as long as someone is physically capable of at least defending himself from death he has no right to draw, this is why nj will never get ccw let alone stand your ground, politicians will keep telling us to huddle on the ground and wait the 20 mins for police to show up, oh and if you can piss and defecate yourself while they are beating you the better, if a bunch of people want to inflict harm on some innocent bystander he should have the right to use the amount of lethal force he feels is needed to protect himself, more if a family is involved 

Just as an point of reference for me. In NJ can you take a gun from your home in the car to keep your business in case of looters?

Just need to follow the transport laws.  If you own the business, you can be armed.

You should read the law and make sure you are comfortable that your conduct is within the law.

Not sure you are right about that.

The way I always understood it was that the assailant has to have Ability to inflict serious bodily harm or death onto you, Oppertunity, and Proximity to do so. You must preclude every other possibility before using deadly force.

The way I see it anyone has the ability to inflict serious bodily harm or death be it a 300lb thug with his fists or a 10 year old kid with a baseball bat. My physical ability and stature is irrelevant in this. Some douchebag playing the knock out game can kill a 28 year old same as he can kill a 82 year old.

Regardless of the ability of the victim. If he is getting his ass kicked by multiple people at the same time they all the have ability to cause death. They all have the opertunity and proximity as well. He has no way out. To me it seems pretty cut and dry. Unless he started the fight, he has the justification to use deadly force.

You are overthinking the idea I was trying to get across. There are people on this forum who think am assailant has to be armed for them to use any kind of weapon. That's not the case, even in NJ. I went to extremes in my examples. I don't think Chuck Norris would have a problem handling the assault in the video without using a weapon. Most of us on this forum wouldn't be able to handle it without using a weapon regardless of their MMA, Krav Maga, or other fashionable fighting experience.

You threw the 10 yr old with a bat into the mix. You gave the assailant a weapon and that changes things. However, most people, including cops, would be reluctant to shoot a 10 yr old no matter how much justification they had.

The point I was trying to make is many people here believe that if your assailant is not armed there is no justification for you to use a weapon. That is not so even in NJ. You don't have the right to use whatever lethal force you feel required. You have the right to use what the law allows. I said you would probably be justified shooting one of your attackers. If the others took off after that that would be the end of you shooting. That is anywhere not only in NJ.

It seems to me many here who want to carry need to learn to recognize what is a lethal force justification. If they don't learn they will probably die with their gun in their holster when they could have used it to save their life.

If you can physically defend yourself from death you shouldn't be huddled up on the ground. You should be fighting. If you can't you need to do what you need to do.

Having the ability to CCW is one thing. Knowing when you can use that gun is another. You really don't get enough in a 4-6 hr CCW class.

That would be the easiest way.  Just pointing out that, based on NJ law and case law from Aitkin, you cannot legally transport HP between residences or between res and bus.

The law for transporting HG and HP sounds similar, don't make the mistake of thinking they are identical.

If you are so concerned about transporting hollowpoints to your place of business just use non-expanding ammo.

It seems to me many here who want to carry need to learn to recognize what is a lethal force justification. If they don't learn they will probably die with their gun in their holster when they could have used it to save their life.

If you can physically defend yourself from death you shouldn't be huddled up on the ground. You should be fighting. If you can't you need to do what you need to do.

Having the ability to CCW is one thing. Knowing when you can use that gun is another. You really don't get enough in a 4-6 hr CCW class.

^^^ This is truth.

Mindset is paramount. Your software is more important than the hardware.

Words cannot describe the thoughts going through my head.  Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Trenton, Paterson Camden lost forever and spreading.

New Jersey police investigating disturbing 'knockout game' punch after video goes viral on Facebook

New Jersey police are investigating a disturbing viral video that shows a boy punching an unsuspecting older man on the street - and trying to find the teens behind it.

The video, which was uploaded on Facebook and has appeared on multiple social media sites, shows a boy who looks to be a teenager walking toward the old man.

A girl can be heard off-screen screams 'Don't hit him!' while another boy behind the camera yells 'Knock him out, knock him out!'

New Jersey police are investigating a disturbing viral video that shows a boy punching an unsuspecting older man on the street - and trying to find the teens behind it

The boy, who is significantly taller than the elderly man, briefly says something to him before he revs up his arm and punches the man right in the face.

It's so forceful the impact throws the man into the pavement and seems to knock him unconscious, with part of his body hanging off the sidewalk and into the street as the boy is seen walking away.

The video seems to be inspired by the 'knockout game', which has someone sucker punch an unsuspecting victim for their own amusement.

A string of attacks credited to the knockout game led to multiple deaths in 2013.

The video, which was uploaded on Facebook and has appeared on multiple social media sites, at first shows a boy who looks to be a teenager walking toward the old man before he briefly says something to him

The video seems to be inspired by the 'knockout game', which has someone sucker punch an unsuspecting victim for their own amusement

Paterson Police Director Jerry Speziale said the department is currently looking into where and when the video was taped, as well as the identities of the perpetrators and victim.

‘Once that is determined we will take swift and decisive action as we will not tolerate that kind of behavior in our city,' he said in a filmed statement posted on the department's Facebook.

Speziale said the video, which has since been taken down from Facebook, was first brought to the police's attention by a media outlet that had come across it on social media, he told The Record.

The condition of the victim seen in the video is unknown.

As I mentioned in an earlier post....I worked in Newark for over 20 years...the things I was subjected to in the early 60's I thought were shocking until I survived the Newark Riots....after that it was 20 yrs. of my neighbor's businesses being held up daily and some of my neighbors were killed in the commission of those crimes. Street robberies, muggings, OD's, rapes, stabbings and bank robberies you name it....then in the mid 80's the city decided to convert an old clothing factory on the corner near us to a methadone clinic....well that was a real eye opener....I witnessed things on the street one couldn't even dream up.

The last week I was there was the final straw ....while on the phone in my office peering out the window I see this middle-aged fella stop on the sidewalk right in front of my window. He meets up with and older fella, shakes his hand and the older man hands him some money. The middle-aged fella takes a paper cup out of his pocket and proceeds to empty the methadone from his mouth into it...........wait for it.... wait....wait...yup you got it.....the older fella takes the cup from him and drinks it.....I thought I had seen everything until that morning....left my job the next week and vowed never to return, the area was so dangerous.....that was the lowest of the low for a human being.....that was 30 years ago....and I've never gone back.

Newark and all the other inner cities are created by government by one party for votes. They want high crime, they want despair, they want poor education for the children as they step in with more empty promises that only cause greater dependency. Government is not their friend and maybe by some miracle the city people will realize it one day. I feel sorry for the great majority of the good people in Newark that have to put up with this, but they need to wake up and realize one day that eliminating crime is up to them. When seconds count the police are minutes away and sometimes more than that.

Can someone still explain to me why jersey gun laws are so screwed up? It seems what is going on in Newark would wake some people up. Not to offend, but I call it like I see it. I think liberals are afraid of their base being killed any liberal anti-gun politician should have to spend a week with no guns like the rest of us in da hood. They would change their tune

Same reason Newark PD was never allowed to have police dogs......