Rob0115

Newark NJ

I grew up there and it was an utter shit hole where I was.  I guess it hasn't gotten better.  Anyone view this video from this past week?  That's right around the corner from the courthouse where most of the Essex County Sheriff's department is located.

https://www.facebook.com/253882354789813/videos/vb.253882354789813/546467588864620/?type=2&theater

How come this guys life doesn't matter?

So, hypothetical question here. What if this person had a CCW. Would an attack like this warrant the use? Does it matter if they were armed or not? Don't mean to start a shit-storm, just curious.

why isnt this on nj.com or north jersey? or atleast i didnt see it anywhere.

Black on Black crime... it's in Newark so known high crime area... To them it's not news, it's every day occurrences?

Same as like all the violence in south Chicago.

So, hypothetical question here. What if this person had a CCW. Would an attack like this warrant the use? Does it matter if they were armed or not? Don't mean to start a shit-storm, just curious.

Hmm, I would say no. Context is hard to tell. They do gang up on him but he keeps going at them. I can't tell what was going on. Now granted if I walked by and saw the sucker punch and subsequent beatings as he was on the ground, drawing wouldn't be a bad idea. Then again, we are talking NJ, I am assuming we are in a free state like PA and I am properly licensed.

Anyway I went  to Newark to buy my Bearded Dragon a nice big home. I went with a few of my cousins as this was a craig's list purchase. It all went well, but when I was there a fight broke out down the street.

Disparity of force. No difference if they are armed or unarmed. You need to articulate why you were in fear of your life or serious injury. You might be justified in shooting one of your assailants.

Each use of deadly force situition is judged on its own merits. The situation presented in the video doesn't justify Chuck Norris using a firearm. If you're in your 60s with arthritis, a heart condition, and emphysema you probably would be.

Very few use of deadly force situations are black and white. Most fall some where in the grey.

why isnt this on nj.com or north jersey? or atleast i didnt see it anywhere.

It could be there, I saw it on another website.  However, I'd be surprised if it werent'

Checked and it's not.

Always a good idea when referring to a web site to include the URL.

It's still there where I am.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/01/after_brutal_beating_caught_on_video_newark_plans.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Thanks.

This is why I avoid going into cities whenever possible. Gun or no gun. I don't want anything to do with savages who are accustomed to the concept of dying young. 

My daughter works in one of the highest-crime cities in NJ and every night it takes me half an hour longer than normal to get to sleep.

I would say the white guy was drunk or high or mentally unstable. In normal society you walk away and call the police. Instead the animals went into a mob mentality and repeatedly attacked him. Just another reason to allow CCW.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I Work in Newark. I Would pay quite a bit of money to be allowed to carry there.
I Have to contact the PD and see if there is a way for me to bring my firearm to work with me and carry it on premises when i am on my property. It'll keep spreading until a solution is found. Linden and Elizabeth are right north of where i live and all the shitty people are slowly radiating outwards. The level of crime has been increasing dramatically since i was a kid. I Can't wait to move out of Woodbridge and further south.

Most bad stuff in Newark doesn't make the papers.....they'd have to print an entire paper once a week as a police blotter. Worked there for 20 yrs. and every day was a circus....burglaries, muggings, car-jacking, hold-ups, strong arm robberies, murder, rape, you name it......a daily occurrence.

If you are a business or property owner in NJ you can carry on your premises, IMO.

Disparity of force is recognized in most self defense situations.

Kicks like that have been recognized in many courts as potentially lethal force.

It has the potential to cripple you or kill you, and multiple attackers increases the credibility of the threat.

What really surprises me is that there were only 5 comments deleted so far from the NJ.com page.

''

There were 40 or so comments and j made some of them. I saw them deleting them. It's a very carefully curated set left before they locked it.

How about just staying out of Newark and letting shit sort itself out. it just needs like a wall or something and it will stabilize to somesort of equilibrium.

That's a great concept until you get a jury duty notice or have to go to one of the federal buildings down there............