CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

mailed my app in on Tuesday, so the PA Attorney General will probably close the loophole within the next month.  

Let's hope not! Did you send only your NJFID or a non res CCW from another state?

Did I mention, Jersey Sucks?

I have a feeling that the delay in this case is because they are unsure if the NJ FID card will satisfy their any state's CCW requirement.

If they do accept it, PA will drop reciprocity with NH really fast!

If they don't accept it, they could be in violation of their State Supreme Court order.

I think PA would freak out if all NJ FID cardholders suddenly became eligible to carry in PA due to a loophole in New Hampshire! FID cards are common in the PRNJ Though not as many take the time,

effort and expense to get a non resident CCW. Those of us in Jersey with ANY CCW are in an extremely small minority! Perhaps small enough so as not to be a catalyst for a PA reciprocity change.

I am certain that their legal people are going to make a decision one way or another.

My Florida CCW should be in the mail, on it's way to me by tomorrow. When I get it in my hands, I will copy it and send

for my NH CCW the same day. It's all wait and see for now!

I never thought the issue was NJ residents carrying in PA.  I though that Philadelphia was not issuing permits to people it decided were questionable - even if they had no legal reason to deny.  Philly residents were getting non-resident permits from other states instead.  Kane was just helping the city of Philly break the law and keep Philly residents from carrying.

I never thought the issue was NJ residents carrying in PA.  I though that Philadelphia was not issuing permits to people it decided were questionable - even if they had no legal reason to deny.  Philly residents were getting non-resident permits from other states instead.  Kane was just helping the city of Philly break the law and keep Philly residents from carrying.

So, once again, Philly residents can use their non resident permits to carry there via New Hampshire. Am I correct?

The only reason PA did not drop NH was because they required a CCW from your state of residence. The residents of Philly were SOL as were Jersey residents since neither group could

get a CCW from their home state. That has now changed!

This is not the way I view the PA AG modifying the agreements with FL, VA and UT in 2014. I thought that the case of  "Commonwealth v McKown" and McKown's subsequent loss on appeal in 2013 already established that a PA resident must have a PA LTCF and could not use an out-of-state non-resident license to carry in PA. I think her actions were specifically targeting NJ residents (and residents of other neighboring states with very restrictive gun laws).

For a brief description of the McKown case see:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/10/pa_residents_must_have_pa_perm.html

• Like 1

The NJFID card sounds like a good idea.

I included my FL but I'm gonna rip open the envelope and shove copies of the FID in there.

You can send the FID but the important one is the CCW. I think that is all they care about.

I have my Utah and Florida CCW. Sent a copy of each to NH with a check on June 25th. I'm right at 3 weeks and check hasn't been cashed yet. Haven't received any correspondence yet. I did send regular mail. Probably should have sent priority. I guess I will call Monday because site says to call if nothing has been received after 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like a number of others here, I took the GFH course in the Spring of 2015 and now have my Utah and Florida Non-Resident CCW.  Since I am a member of one gun range in PA, it would be very convenient to have the reciprocity afforded by also having a NH Non-Resident CCW.

So today, I sent out via USPS First Class Mail, my completed NH Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License application, along with photocopies of my Utah CCW, NJ FID as well as my $100 check.  I am in no rush to get it and assume that my application should be processed and my receipt of this CCW sometime at the end of August or early September, which is fine.

One important point that I almost missed in the application instructions: 

NH requires that you provide a copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license.  I initially only photocopied the front of my UTAH CCW, then re-read the instructions and saw that was not sufficient and could be grounds for either a delay, at the very least or an outright denial.  Thankfully, I double-checked and made the necessary photocopies front and back of the UTAH CCW, as well as my NJ FID.

AVB-AMG

Like a number of others here, I took the GFH course in the Spring of 2015 and now have my Utah and Florida Non-Resident CCW.  Since I am a member of one gun range in PA, it would be very convenient to have the reciprocity afforded by also having a NH Non-Resident CCW.

So today, I sent out via USPS First Class Mail, my completed NH Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License application, along with photocopies of my Utah CCW, NJ FID as well as my $100 check.  I am in no rush to get it and assume that my application should be processed and my receipt of this CCW sometime at the end of August or early September, which is fine.

NH requires that you provide a copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license.  I initially only photocopied the front of my UTAH CCW, then re-read the instructions and saw that was not sufficient and could be grounds for either a delay, at the very least or an outright denial.  Thankfully, I double-checked and made the necessary photocopies front and back of the UTAH CCW, as well as my NJ FID.

AVB-AMG

yes but it also says " of the state or city you reside in".... it doesn't say "any ccw that you may have"

i think that's the delay with mine.. they have no idea how to react to just a NJFID.

AVB-AMG

yes but it also says " of the state or city you reside in".... it doesn't say "any ccw that you may have"

i think that's the delay with mine.. they have no idea how to react to just a NJFID.

That was what the NH supreme Court changed. Now any states CCW will work. They just have not updated their online form yet.

Please keep me posted! If yours goes through with just NJ FID then mine will be in the mail the next day.

"All that is required now is the completed application and the fee."

​That is the response i just got back when questions if i needed to send any other documentation.   Mine has apparently gone through with just the FID.

• Like 1

Regarding PA, if they dropped FL non-resident, I can't imagine that they are going to accept NH for very long if it doesn't even require evidence of training or if you can simply send NH your non-resident FL CCW.  I guess we'll see.  This entire system is so utterly absurd.

Regarding PA, if they dropped FL non-resident, I can't imagine that they are going to accept NH for very long if it doesn't even require evidence of training or if you can simply send NH your non-resident FL CCW.  I guess we'll see.  This entire system is so utterly absurd.

you really think Kane is going to make more waves?

Everybody seems to forget about the Federal School Zone Gun Act of 1990 as well.  Packing on that sidearm with a CCW issued by other than the state you are in and being within 1000 feet of a school property line is a Federal violation.  Something to be aware of. I tagged a letter from the BATF to an OK organization but I am sure you can substitute where necessary

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/ok2a/pages/89/attachments/original/1403564901/Atf07252013gfsza.pdf?1403564901

Everybody seems to forget about the Federal School Zone Gun Act of 1990 as well.  Packing on that sidearm with a CCW issued by other than the state you are in and being within 1000 feet of a school property line is a Federal violation.  Something to be aware of. I tagged a letter from the BATF to an OK organization but I am sure you can substitute where necessary

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/ok2a/pages/89/attachments/original/1403564901/Atf07252013gfsza.pdf?1403564901

I'd be willing to bet that there are a lot of laws and regulations concerning CCW in NH and PA that we don't know -- and they won't be the same for each state

When I received my FL permit -- it came with a packet of the laws concerning FL and FL only 

The NH permit came in a small envelope, alone --  Not even sure if we are supposed to sign it on the back strip

Before I go to NH and strap on a pistol on public property, I plan to read everything I possibly can regarding their CCW laws

(b) Offense Defined.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses a weapon in the buildings of, on the grounds of, or in any conveyance providing transportation to or from any elementary or secondary publicly-funded educational institution, any elementary or secondary private school licensed by the Department of Education or any elementary or secondary parochial school.1980 Amendment. Act 167 added

is it while "school is in session?

also if you are walking on public property within thousand feet how would that qualify?  so you cant eat at resusrtants within a 1000 feet under federal?

Now that the OP seems to be heading to the what can I do or not questions.

I would suggest that forums are never A place to get answers to what is the law in PA when you want to carry.

Carry USA is A good sight that stays up to date, It has pages for each state that you can get answers from.

Some of us on here have been exercising our right to carry for A long time in America, But it is still our responsibility to know the laws where we are traveling and staying. 

Read what is suggested here but use the States laws you are heading to for definite answers.  Plus reciprocity and laws change all the time, don't take it for granted that all is good the next time you enter A State that honors your current CCW.

We leave for PA for 3 weeks on Friday and I will review the AGs website Thursday night.

"All that is required now is the completed application and the fee."

​That is the response i just got back when questions if i needed to send any other documentation.   Mine has apparently gone through with just the FID.

Yeah that's what I assumed. Time to print out this form!