gleninjersey

Pumpkin Beer - Love It, Hate It?

Pumpkin, Honey, Grapefruit, WTF is next?  Peanut Butter and Jelly beer, Lucky Charms beer?  Damn, how about a good german of chek lager or a good english ale. Frig this flavored crap.  If I want honey I'll slap it on a piece of toast and eat it.  Wussie beer drinkers.

• Like 1

Pumpkin, Honey, Grapefruit, WTF is next?  Peanut Butter and Jelly beer, Lucky Charms beer?  Damn, how about a good german of chek lager or a good english ale. Frig this flavored crap.  If I want honey I'll slap it on a piece of toast and eat it.  Wussie beer drinkers.

Thank you sir ! for saying what i was thinking.

If you can go visit their brewery, it's just outside Hershey. They have amazing food and about 10 experimental recipes they don't distribute. Here's the pretzel I got and the waffle covered in shredded chicken, slaw, deep fried skin and white BBQ sauce. The beer list is a few weeks old. ca6d73e4d1a50eb09006a1047aff6942.jpgea473af84e95910f0276e8d4c5db789b.jpg8e521e0b4c47659e534bf8099b6d0ac3.jpg

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Looks awesome! Thanks.

Enh, drink what ya like. Letting someone else tell you that what ya like isn't "manly".... well, that isn't manly. :)

That said, and getting back to the OP, just tried the Southern Tier Imperial Pumking for the first time, and it was also the last time. It's all pie-spice flavor, all up in your face, no actual beer flavor detectable at all. Ya gotta have balance! So all y'all who dig on the occasional pumpkin ale avoid the hell outta that one, is my advice.

Flaming Dr. Pepper

1. Beer

2. Shot of Amaretto

3. Topped with 151

Take a 20oz beer, drop a shot glass full of Amaretto topped with 151 set on fire.

Drink it fast.

Tastes just like Dr. Pepper.

No shit? Oh he has a payback coming

Enh, drink what ya like. Letting someone else tell you that what ya like isn't "manly".... well, that isn't manly. :)

That said, and getting back to the OP, just tried the Southern Tier Imperial Pumking for the first time, and it was also the last time. It's all pie-spice flavor, all up in your face, no actual beer flavor detectable at all. Ya gotta have balance! So all y'all who dig on the occasional pumpkin ale avoid the hell outta that one, is my advice.

Southern tier( ny) confuse me sometimes. They get a winner, then they get a loooozzzer

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1924/88269/

I don't see any problems with flavored beers and there is no need to chastise people who like them. From what I have seen, me and my wife included, we'll try them, give them a thumbs up or down and move back to our traditional brews. First one we ever tried was Cherry Wheat. Very tasty.. Anyone I know that started drinking these years ago when the micro breweries started making them, ie, Sam Adams, (no longer a micro), etc... tried them but went back to traditional. I think its just a quick fad. Just for kicks type thing..... I collect Sam Adams bottles, one for every one we've tried, (we have over 23+ so far). They make nice decorations and line the tops of our kitchen cabinets....
Cheers! :drinks:

i would so try lucky charms beer, its magically delicious

Flaming Dr. Pepper

1. Beer

2. Shot of Amaretto

3. Topped with 151

Take a 20oz beer, drop a shot glass full of Amaretto topped with 151 set on fire.

Drink it fast.

Tastes just like Dr. Pepper.

This brings me back to the days of my first backseat blowjob coming home from the bar in a cab.  Oh to be 22 again - (and I'm only just turned 30)

I say if you want to be a basic bitch and drink pumpkin beer, then do it- but its gotta have a man % of at least 8+, none of this 5-ish etc (although I am with Slow Miata here, IPA's have been king for me lately)

Hipp-O-Lantern from River Horse is not overpowering pumpkin at all and is 8.5% - Pumpking from Southern Tier as well hovering around 9 I think - I usually hit up the pumpkin beers around 2nd or 3rd week in October for a few weeks as I'm sick of Octoberfest by then, I start hitting Octoberfest hard right around Labor Day  LOL

Actually one of the best pumpkin beers I had back in my early 20's way before it was a trend was made by Michelob - it was called "Pumpkin Jack" and remember it was damn delicious for the cheap price of like $7 a 6-pack.  I never could get it in Jersey either, only when I went to a car show in OCMD I remember getting it in the food lion down there.  I'll have to google to see if its made anymore.

And please for the love of pete on a gun forum can we not be like a bunch of bimbo housewives and be beer snobs?  The wine industry is bad enough haha. I like a damn good beer myself but when I'm sweating more than Rico Rodriguez on Broad Street in Newark I sometimes have to slam down some "piss water" like Mickey Ultra or Thriller Lite when I'm thirsty as a beast and don't want hose water.

Four Loko with a MD 20/20 chaser FTW. I call it the Camden Cocktail yo...

91bc56f9f8465644f8785ab623993e54.jpg

If we are talking Pre Four Loko ban circa 2010 when it still had caffeine in it - OMG I could tell you stories - It was the weirdest experiences ever being wasted on 2 or 3 of those and yet wired, it was like I was watching myself be wasted because I was so alert but had no control over what I was doing LMAO

I really wish they hadn't banned the caffeine in it for old time's sake - Man those were sweet as can be but they did the job :)

Pumpkin, Honey, Grapefruit, WTF is next? Peanut Butter and Jelly beer, Lucky Charms beer? Damn, how about a good german of chek lager or a good english ale. Frig this flavored crap. If I want honey I'll slap it on a piece of toast and eat it. Wussie beer drinkers.

Variety is the spice of life.

Been there done that.

For the adventurist go to http://bubesbrewery.com

Pumkin coffee ok.

Octoberfest Adams or Sierra ok

Pumpkin beer not ok

+1 on Bubes been there a few times. Love the courtyard.

This brings me back to the days of my first backseat blowjob coming home from the bar in a cab. Oh to be 22 again - (and I'm only just turned 30).

Remember his name?

Lol...sorry. sorry I couldn't resist!. You walked RIGHT into it!

But seriously, good post. I don't get the snobbery either. It's not like we ONLY drink pumpkin beer. That would be a little strange.

Looking forward to picking up a few of the recommended beers in this thread. Along with some Yuengling who just endorsed Trump!

• Like 1