Matt

Where does shooting rank in your list of hobbies?

I was thinking about this last weekend. I'm involved in alot of different hobbies but I just really don't think anything else compares to hitting the range for the day. I honestly think I have more fun shooting than just about anything else (even though i'm not very good!), where does it rank for you?

I would be hardpressed to rank my hobbies. Each fulfills a slightly different need. I am at an age where I have narrowed my interests to a manageable few. Cars/vehicles have always been an interest, and always will be - but they were my vocation as well as an avocation. I have been involved with shooting and guns since childhood, since I grew-up around them. Pool (Pocket Billiards for you purists) is something I really enjoy, but I am not as immersed in it as I was - guns now share my time equally with pool. And last is my love of Southwestern Pottery. I am a smalltime collector, but it is hardly an all-consuming pastime.

I find that I can make room in my life for these things that I enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Shooting has definitely become my biggest passion. I have gone through so many different hobbies in the past 10 years. For a long time I was very into designing and building high end car audio systems. There is nothing better than swapping out a stock car radio with a audio system that will make your ears bleed!!! I got into motorcycles for a bit, but lost interest in it, though I can see in a few years possibly getting back into it. The one thing I wish I had was a garage, so I could work on my dream of fully restoring a '67-69 camaro. One day when the funds are there I will do this. It is the promise I made to myself. So in the meantime shooting is the passion that I have given my heart and soul to :D

they are all VERY close

#1 shooting

#1.5 reloading (whole 'nother hobby!)

#2 Trains: Model trains as a kid, now I have ride on live steam and work at a tourist RR in New Hope operating the steam locomotive (and diesel too, cross qualified).

Trains is my #1 hobby. (#2 is shooting.) Been involved with model railroading since i was a little kid. And still doing it. Cant shoot in the house (dam house rules ;) ) so on those rainy days i turn to the trains.

Ive been on that New Hope train countless times. Loved every minute of it.

If you asked me this last summer, it would have been:

1) Cars (drag racing, off-roading, cruising)

2) Fishing

3) Shooting

However: I'm tired of my car hobby (I have sold off one car and about 65% of my parts...I think the Chevelle will be sold this upcoming spring), and Fishing just pisses me off lately.

1) Shooting

2) Fishing

3)

4)

5) Cars

I left two spaces since I would probably make two other excuses before I even went down to look at my car.

However: I'm tired of my car hobby (I have sold off one car and about 65% of my parts...I think the Chevelle will be sold this upcoming spring), and Fishing just pisses me off lately.

WHY??

I honestly wish I knew. I just have come to the realization that I spent my teen years, and early 20's working on it almost non stop, pouring most of every dollar I made into it, and all it does is make me angry now. Right now its sitting under over a year of dust and debris inside the barn. I start it every once in a while, to keep it running so if I decide to sell, I wont have that as an issue.

I spent all fall and winter last year getting a truck in working condition so I could have a Daily Driver, and I think I burnt myself out when it came to working on cars in general.

Its hard to put them in any order as there's so many factors such as time and money spent SN waxing /waning interest over the years, but I suppose the list is.

Autocrossing

Motorcycling (initially on-road but now off-road )

Shooting