bbk

Central COD: Black Ops thread

(If that's a dead link, just youtube "black ops kobe bryant"

---

Its a live-action commercial for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops game that comes out next week. I'm not pushing the game, instead the commercial is pretty great with their live-action spin on it.

As for the game, I'll be playing the PC version...

haha that was pretty good. I still haven't decided if I'm going to buy Black Ops... I'm so fed up with the hacking in MW2. I think I read somewhere that there will be dedicated servers for this one, which will hopefully help mods kick the hackers off the servers at least...

That was pretty cool. I only have PS2(which I haven't played in years), but did borrow my brother's Xbox360 to play MW2 this past summer for 3 months while he was gone. Loved it! With all these dancing/ exercising games coming out even the wife is thinking maybe we should get an Xbox. :icon_e_surprised: We literally were talking about this a few hours ago. We are constantly seeing the dancing game(s) and Black Ops commercials lately.

I don't get why they would release a game on a Tuesday, why not a Friday or Saturday, their target audience is most likely in school or working?? Anyway, I might have worn out my COD4 Disk, so I'm looking forward to this..

I don't get why they would release a game on a Tuesday, why not a Friday or Saturday, their target audience is most likely in school or working?? Anyway, I might have worn out my COD4 Disk, so I'm looking forward to this..

No, they are at work in their office goofing off on the computer.. :icon_lol:

Always had a game system as a kid. Got out of it for a long time. Then as a young adult I heard about the Xbox. A game system designed and intended for adults. My buddy got one on launch day and we played Halo. I was hooked. With the advent of 5.1 surround sound, HD tvs, the ability to go online and play with friends I can see why gaming is so popular. The realism in the games these days is amazing. I play a few hours a week with/against friends. It's great to be able to plug in and get to hang out with your friends from time to time even though its only online. We get to bs about our weeks and whats going on in our lives for a little bit. Seems everyone has different schedules and is so busy these days getting together face to face isn't always easy. It's nice to be able to interact with friends on some level at least. Its also fun gaming with friends who have moved away.

side note. I heard that the new COD is in 3D if you have the TV. Would be cool to try.

I have to admit that I have never played any of these games. Not much of a gamer but I think it would be like crack to me. I'm fat now, I may never get off the couch if I bought this thing.

When my brother lent me his Xbox he told my wife to say goodbye to me cause she wasn't going to see me again. I was actually not too bad. I did play for hours on end, but not everyday. :icon_e_biggrin: You could always get yourself an exercise game to keep from getting too out of shape! :icon_mrgreen:

I "Google"'d it, and the response I got was:

DVDs and Music CDs released on Tuesdays for several reasons.

Sales Figures are released on Monday

Consumers know when to look for new releases

If a Tuesday release is selling well, there still is time to order

more before the weekend.[3]

Shipments of music usually begin to arrive in stores on Thursday. That

gives the stores time to coordinate special midnight sales on Monday

evening, as opposed to Sunday, which is usually a shorter work day

This practice appears to have been followed for 20 years. :)

(http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080218145900AAtuGWC)

Of course video games is also included with DVDs and CDs for the same reasons I could imagine. Personally, I don't mind, especially with midnight releases! Haha. Since I don't have classes or work on Tuesdays anyway, and my local Gamestop is doing the midnight launch/release (Monday night/Tuesday morning depending on how you look at it)-- I know what I'll be doing into the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

When my brother lent me his Xbox he told my wife to say goodbye to me cause she wasn't going to see me again. I was actually not too bad. I did play for hours on end, but not everyday. :icon_e_biggrin: You could always get yourself an exercise game to keep from getting too out of shape! :icon_mrgreen:

reminds me of

I stopped having time for video games as soon as I had kids.... and then I got into guns. so now video games have little appeal to me. in fact, I have $30 in GameStop credit that I'm trying to sell off and buy more ammo instead. :) I only have a Wii. one day, I'll get me an Xbox 360 - I've wanted Halo 3 for some time now. my personal experiences aside, that game looks cool and the commercial is HILARIOUS! the little chubby guy firing the RPG, that some comedian, Jimmy...something... he was on "the Man Show", right?

I stopped having time for video games as soon as I had kids.... and then I got into guns. so now video games have little appeal to me. in fact, I have $30 in GameStop credit that I'm trying to sell off and buy more ammo instead. :) I only have a Wii. one day, I'll get me an Xbox 360 - I've wanted Halo 3 for some time now. my personal experiences aside, that game looks cool and the commercial is HILARIOUS! the little chubby guy firing the RPG, that some comedian, Jimmy...something... he was on "the Man Show", right?

Jimmy Kimmel, and yes.

I got the same call for tonight at mignight. Actually they said they were going to have a kick off starting at 9PM but who would actually stand around for 3 hours in a game store.

I was at my local Gamestop yesterday doing some trade-ins for AC:Brotherhood, and asked what the deal with being open from 9-12 was... apparently some stores are having full blown events (like tournaments), while most will just be open so people can start lining up and finish paying for the game ahead of time (so the process is quicker once they can start handing them out at 12:01AM). I told him I'm going to be one of the "jerks" that shows up a bit later at like 12:30 so I don't have to wait out in the cold :icon_razz:

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna buy this thing. I almost pulled the trigger on it last night, but did some checking on the dedicated servers and it turns out that there will in fact be dedicated servers, BUT, they all have to be set up with gameservers.com and there's a monthly fee. Then there's also the dedicated servers run by Treyarch which went online a few hours ago.. but I don't know much about those. Decisions decisions

I just hope the PC version isn't a ported console version... that would... well, be infuriating.

Nick, my 360 RROD'ed a couple months ago... they just ended up sending me a brand new 360-- and it was one of the new generation-type models too.

Ha, I'll be picking it up in three hours or so from my local Gamestop... ah, its so odd that they opened one in my town of 20K, considering there are two Best Buys, two Targets, and two Gamestops within 10-15 miles... but I don't mind!

I'll be playing it on PC though. Once servers are established (meaning after the first month or so after half the servers close because people stop paying for them or whatever), maybe we can find a stomping ground for the PC guys.