msg73

What pistol caliber do you use for USPSA or IDPA matches?

.40 S&W in Production. I can be loaded to be softer then 9mm at the same power factor, makes bigger holes, and you can get full size magazine in NJ as most of them are 15rd instead of buying 10rd 9mm mags for guns that normally hold 17rd. If you handload the difference in price between 9mm and .40 is negligible.

USPSA I shoot 40 Limited or Limited 10, may move to 45 would be the same divisions with my next gun but haven't decided what I am getting. As fas as IDPA, have yet to shoot that style match.

To note I have shot production with my Glock 19 9mm and will do it again.

Harry

For USPSA,

Production division - CZ Phantom 9mm or Glock 35 .40 S&W

Limited 10 - Glock 35 .40 S&W and EAA/Tanfoglio Elite Limited Custom in .40SW

If you are looking for a versatile gun, a polymer in .40 as I was advised by experienced shooters will be the way to go (as Vlad stated). Guns such as M&P .40, Glock 35 .40 or Springfield XD or XDm in .40 will let you shoot in Production, Limited & limited 10.

Ryan

No production gun yet. Did use Sig p226 and Hk P30L in 9mm. Will soon be using Walther PPQ as soon as it is approved for Production division.

Limited 10 - Eaa/Tanfoglio Elite Limited 40 S&W - -180 grain FMJ Precision Delta, 5.1 grains of N320 loaded to 1.140

Single Stack - Smith Wesson 1911 Pro Series 9mm (shooting minor, 10 rounds vs 8)

I shoot 9mm in Production

I have a .45 that I was going to use for Limited but decided shooting the 9mm was much cheaper then shooting the .45

I have been thinking of buying an XDM in .40 that I can use in Production and Limited if I feel like it. Or maybe a 9mm XDM and stick with Production. It would have to be pinned. No thanks. I don't want to lose the ability to take apart and clean the mags.

So I am still on the hunt for what gun I want to get. Glock in 9mm or .40? M&P in 9mm or .40? Have heard a lot of bad things about the trigger on the M&P. I've recently been intrigued by the CZ as well.

Decisions decisions

you mean "CHEAPER". -lol

It's cheaper because manufacturers don't want to charge too much for the best pistol caliber in existence. They figure that if the ammo is cheap, more people will buy it, and have the most effective round.

Have heard a lot of bad things about the trigger on the M&P

The stock trigger is heavy like all safe actions, but relatively crisp and clean. APEX makes a competition kit that is fantastic, and an aftermarket part that gives you a much more noticeable reset point. I havent shot it yet, but they have a new trigger replacement that is supposed to mirror the trigger qualities of a highly tuned 1911.

I put in the duty/carry apex kit, it's a nicer break and reduces to 4-5lb pull. And that's what I use for IDPA, in .40. The competition kit makes it a REALLY light trigger.

EDIT: that's ssp. So while I was curious about the apex trigger, I'll be sticking with the apex sear and striker block only.

Used to use a Sig also in .40