Regulator72

NJ Officers find 330 weapons in mans home

The same reason it is NOT in the news when illegally owned guns kill people. The crime is in the news , but the fact that the gun was illegally owned never makes it into a paragraph.

Flip to legally owned guns , now you have a story! IMO , they would report it to put a liberal spin on what happens when you "let" people legally collect firearms. They want people to be afraid because he has such an extensive collection. If they could get away with it I'm sure they would have used the word "compound" .

The news is no longer the news. It is The Agenda.

After supervisors arrived, a search of a safe in a locked basement room turned up 15 handguns, 10 rifles, 3 shotguns and 4 pellet guns, the release states. According to the release, 330 weapons were discovered.

It must be public school math. 15+10+3+4 = 330.

Oh, you know...I'll bet it was all the handmade knives and not 330 guns.

Seems like they may be reaching for other items that are considered weapons.

Yeah I struggle with that math too .. did they count every kitchen knife as a weapon?

That's 32 items. I wonder what the other 308 "weapons" were. Bullets?

Kichen knives, baseball bats, chainsaw etc.

You know "WEAPONS"

I bet it was these.

bands.jpg

I am somewhat confused - the article says that "The relative told officers that the recipient did not possess any weapons but that he, the relative, owned several gun, knife, sword and homemade weapon collections" and "Sheriff Ralph Froelich said that neither man has been arrested on charges related to the weapons, but the serial numbers will be checked to make sure the weapons are owned legally. All the weapons were transported to the Union County Sheriff’s Office, processed and secured in the evidence vault"

What is the legality of this if the weapons do not belong to the person on TRO and were in the locked safe he does not have an access to?

Am I reading this right..the man who had a restraining order filed against him, didn't own the "weapons" they were his relatives? Why were they seized then? Because it wasn't his legal residence or something like that?

The weapons are at the residence of the individual with the tro. No weapons allowed at the residence

So, the owner could've opted to move them out of the residence instead of being confiscated? And let's say the owner moves to another location, can he claim them back?

Kichen knives, baseball bats, chainsaw etc.

You know "WEAPONS"

There is some dark humor to this.When is a( ? )a weapon?

Kitchen knives vs Ka Bar?

camping ax vs battle ax?

baseball bat vs nightstick?

awls/screwdrivers vs icepicks?

That 308# can add up real fast if you get literall(far-fetched?)

There is some dark humor to this.When is a( ? )a weapon?

Kitchen knives vs Ka Bar?

camping ax vs battle ax?

baseball bat vs nightstick?

awls/screwdrivers vs icepicks?

That 308# can add up real fast if you get literall(far-fetched?)

Don't forget these too...

soldering gun

heat gun

water gun

staple gun

nail gun

And since the person probably had water pipes throughout the house, and since these can be made into guns...they probably got them on 'constructive possession' ...especially if they didn't have the 'water pipe' permit. If they had 400 ft of pipe in the house...that alone translates into 100 'guns'. They probably had pieces of 2X 4 wood laying around, that constitutes a 'billy club' and illegal in NJ so that probably adds up to 25 billy clubs right there.....

That so sucks, very large collection.. hopefully everthing is well documented and The TRO is resolved and his collection is returned..

No reason for the TRO?

Sucks more than that if I am reading it right. The collection wasn't taken form the guy with the TRO, it was taken from the owner who was a relative unfortunate enough to be cohabitating with the person with the TRO. The owner didn't even do anything and got all his stuff stolen by the cops.

Major suckage.

Pardon me if the phrase "jack booted thugs" offends anyone. And I dont mean LEO following laws... I am implying that the NJ pols are JACK BOOTED THUGS.

This is ridiculous. Not the TRO named indivs property. He should be given the opportunity to move, not the home owners possessions taken.

Moral of story, be wary of what 'friends' you let live with you.

The nicest, most responsbile, most law abiding person can get a TRO or otherwise have their firearms confiscated by government for hundreds of reasons that are no fault of their own.

The weapons are at the residence of the individual with the tro. No weapons allowed at the residence

Must be a Jersey thing. Unfortunately, they pull this firearms confiscation crap in PA, also. But there is no problem with firearms in the residence if the person under PFA (protection from abuse order) does not have access to them.

I also know a guy in NJ that is prohibited. His wife has firearms but he has no access. His lawyer knew, the judge knew, his probation officer knew, everybody was cool with it. Those people are all out of his life but he is still prohibited unfortunately. Guess it is something specific to the TRO prohibitor.