Cemeterys Gun Blob

Star Ledger wants to print gun owner info.....

Not sure which is worse, the Star Ledger or the Jersey Journal?

Owned by the same corporation (Advance Publications), Ray. In fact, most of the stories in both papers--except for the local flavor--are dupes. Two worthless rags that are only fit to line a bird cage.

Star Ledger wants to print gun owner info.

They bring out the PSH in order to get John and Jane Public on their side.

And they lament that it's not allowed under State Law, and want to press the legislature to revisit that thinking.

This is useful information for parents trying to help their children navigate a safe path in a nation with 270 million guns. The guns that Adam Lanza used to kill 26 at Sandy Hook Elementary School were legally bought and owned by his mother.

In New Jersey.........under state law, personal information about gun owners is private. That is something the Legislature should discuss in the wake of Sandy Hook.

http://blog.nj.com/n..._editorial.html

I especially dislike the line in the article that reads "Would a cautionary call to the local police be out of line?". I could just imagine the calls that the local PD's would get from neighbors that dislike each other, something like my neighbor was kicking and cursing his lawn mower in a violent way and I'm scared because he owns guns.

Statistics on the background checks conducted when guns are purchased is public, but under state law, personal information about gun owners is private.

Not just private, but can the state even know which of its residents legally own firearms? Can they accurately answer the question if they are asked? Without going through thousands upon thousands of records by hand and at a huge cost?

I had thought that the focus of gun control in New Jersey had always been on the point of sale. People do move into the state, inherit firearms, hold onto firearms purchased before records were computerized, etc.

Man that would suck to be a paperboy if that ever happened... lol

What's a "paperboy"????

Until we canceled the News and the Star-Ledger, our delivery person was a middle-aged African guy from Newark who drove a hoop-ty blaring Afro-Caribbean music at 5am.

While we're at it, what are these "milk men" I hear tell of from the past? LOL

Screw this paper -- I canceled my star ledger Sunday paper subscription yesterday. You know they're hurting bad when they send a letter advising that my $10 p/month subscription was going up to $24p/mo.

currently it would illegal for them to print gun owner info, but if the law was changed.........

Sure about this? Cite for this, please? See my post (#17) in this thread...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44452-gannett-owned-publications-in-nj/page__fromsearch__1

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sure about this? Cite for this, please? See my post (#17) in this thread...

http://njgunforums.c...__fromsearch__1

Adios,

Pizza Bob

your link is my cite......

not a public record and shall not be disclosed

to any person not authorized by law

except on the request of persons acting in their

governmental capacities for purposes of the administration of justice

just where does the Star-Ledger fall into this equation? If it gets leaked....it would incite a major fukking lawsuit.

This $hit might actually help gun owners. The opinion of the leftist/statists won't change, but this crap will turn those in the middle ground off. Keep in mind that this is all being choreographed. Someone gave the nod to the NY paper. Someone wants the Star Ledger to stir this up.

This $hit might actually help gun owners. The opinion of the leftist/statists won't change, but this crap will turn those in the middle ground off. Keep in mind that this is all being choreographed. Someone gave the nod to the NY paper. Someone wants the Star Ledger to stir this up.

I agree

there are "secret" gun owners in this state that are either anti-gun or politically left and they don't what themselves to be tied in with the likes of us.

I agree

there are "secret" gun owners in this state that are either anti-gun or politically left and they don't what themselves to be tied in with the likes of us.

So would they be considered in the closet A-Holes according to that one newspaper article?