ricgnar

Help me burn through 3 pistol permits

I just submitted 3 pistol permits to my local PD so I have some time to mull it over. Currently, my only handgun is a HK45 and I love everything about it but I don't want to be a HK fanboy and go buy a P30 and USP, I'm looking for some diversity. I rent something everytime I go to the range and have shot numerous guns belonging to friends but it is still so difficult to decide. I'm a lefty shooter so ambi controls are a big plus...

1st permit 9mm

1st choice: Glock 19 In the running: Walther PPQ, 92SF, XD, P30

2nd permit 22lr

1st choice: Walther PPK --Thats all I got. Never shot a 22 before but I always liked the PPK. What are some other option?.

3rd permit ??? something fun and differnent

S&W 500, FN Five-seven, Desert Eagle, something 10mm, saturday night special

What do you guys think?

I just submitted 3 pistol permits to my local PD so I have some time to mull it over. Currently, my only handgun is a HK45 and I love everything about it but I don't want to be a HK fanboy and go buy a P30 and USP, I'm looking for some diversity. I rent something everytime I go to the range and have shot numerous guns belonging to friends but it is still so difficult to decide. I'm a lefty shooter so ambi controls are a big plus...

1st permit 9mm

1st choice: Glock 19 In the running: Walther PPQ, 92SF, XD, P30 I have the PX4 compact, pretty much right in the pack with all these. Great gun for me so far.

2nd permit 22lr

1st choice: Walther PPK --Thats all I got. Never shot a 22 before but I always liked the PPK. What are some other option?. I'd add the Ruger SR22P, great little gun. alot of reviews on here. Also ruger just came out with the LCR in .22LR

S&W 500, FN Five-seven, Desert Eagle, something 10mm, saturday night special derringer in 45LC/.410

What do you guys think?

1st permit 9mm

1st choice: Glock 19 In the running: Walther PPQ, 92SF, XD, P30

2nd permit 22lr

1st choice: Walther PPK --Thats all I got. Never shot a 22 before but I always liked the PPK. What are some other option?.

S&W 500, FN Five-seven, Desert Eagle, something 10mm, saturday night special

What do you guys think?

Don't get a 9mm - they are becoming "dinosours" with the smaller mags society is migrating to - Get another 45 cal --you gotta have at least one 1911...What are you going to do with a 22?...I have a 3rd bucket also - for me it is a S&W 44 mag 629 with 4inch barrel in case a bear breaks in (see my other post under amo consolidation). I looked at the 500 but it comes to a point where enough is enogh - for me that is 44mag (if I went looking for "Bare", maybe I'd get a 500 - but it the Bear breaks in my house, .44mag+pots/pans should take care of him :-)).

Have to have 1911, xds(tips hardware has 2), sig c3(bob kislins has with laser sight), colt lightweight commander in stainless (florida central pawn has one), remington R1enhanced, also you have to have 357, ruger sp101 4.2inch or s&w 60-18(5 inch stainless j frame,used), 22s, beretta 87, ruger 22/45 thats some ideas for you, all good enough for me to recommend without reservation.

I'll say get a 1911 (must have), the glock 19 (or 26 if you plan to ever carry), and any quality revolver in 357. Basic reloading gear is cheap and you can get a lot of mileage out of .38/357, no chasing brass, and always have ammo. The 1911 will allow you to shoot 22lr if you get a 22 kit for it, no permits required.

I'm in the same boat as you with not wanting more then one handgun of the same caliber. It's an anal retentive thing, some people just don't get it. So with .45s out I'd go with...

-9mm Sig p226

-.22 Ruger Mk III (plenty of choices)

-some kind of revolver

Easy

1st- desert eagle 50AE(gold)

2nd-desert eagle 44mag(tiger stripe)

3rd- desert eagle 357mag(chrome)

:)

I like your style and do you really love the lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Thanks for the suggestions. I cant believe I didn't think to include a 1911 in there...will also consider the PX4, M&P as well as some of the revolvers and 22s mentioned. This isn't going to be easy.

I like your style and do you really love the lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it?

I love carpet....years later a doctor will tell me I have an IQ of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded....(classic)

Feel free to replace any of the desert eagles I listed with the perfect pistol 1911.(just my opinion)

If you want a carry size gun i say go M&P Shield. Its my new favorite gun I think.

Here is how i buy guns: I go by category. So you have pistols, what do you need? Full size, compact, sub-c. Metal, Poly, etc.

Look at your current collection, do you have your categories filled? If not? Get the buying!

Full size: M&P .40

Compact: P229 .357sig/40 (also fills the all-metal, hammer fired)

Sub-Cmp: M&P Shield 9mm

I wanted to get a .22 plinker but then the hurricane hit and all hell broke loose so I ended up letting the permit expire. That will be next time then...

after the hysteria dyes down: 1911 (cause you gotta have one, and i dont have a .45)

Also obviously you have many choices if you want bigger bore/wheel guns etc.. You just have to figure out what avenue you want to go down.

PPQ, great ergonomics, you can go with the paddle mag release on the Gen 1 or wait for the M2 for a button release. I've got almost 400 rounds through mine, haven't cleaned anything yet but its been perfectly reliable, points better for me than the XD's or Glocks, and best of all, its not the most common pistol at the range, its nice to be unique.

1. Get the Glock... Glock 19 GEN4, or a Glock 23 GEN4 w/ 9mm conversion barrel, some 9mm magazines, and maybe a .357 SIG barrel, and either one with an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. Alternate would be a full-size M&P 9 or the 9C

2. Ruger 22/45 Black Lite or S&W 317/617. If the PPK is reliable and well-made that might be a nice choice. If you get the M&P in 1, then consider the M&P 22.

3. Ruger SP101, Ruger GP100, or S&W 686 .357 revolver or a SIG 1911 Fastback Carry, CZ 75 variety, or maybe a 9mm revolver of some kind.

You can never have 'too many' Hk's.

I have Four. Also SIGS.

Since it seems everyone and their grandmoms have a Glock.

You can try.

1. SIG P227 in .45ACP 10 rd w 14rd accessory mag. New to mkt.

2. SIG P224, 'downsized' P229 essentially. New to mkt.

3. SIG P250 Sub-Compact, Nitron w Rail. New to mkt.

(All the above is on my 'wishlist')

Most of the above is very 'carryable'. Now I understand everyone in NJ wants a 'hand cannon' since CCW is Banned. But look around outside NJ (you can do it if you try) and there, small compact and easily carried is the way to go.

You can always make a gun bigger, but you cant really make it smaller.

Good luck.

Glock 19

MK II/III

1911 or 2011 in the caliber of our choice.

That kills 3 P2P's while you put in for more (6) and your FID is good for a nice 10/22, 12ga & 20ga shottie's as well as a AR and Lever and then move on to some wheelies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk