70gto

help me pick a full size combat 45

I own a glock 30 sf th at is my carry weapon and I love it, extremely accurate and easy to handle, Im thinking i want a another 45 just a little larger for a house gun, just gonna pick your brains a little bit, I can appreciate a 1911 but not my style, narrowed it down to glock, xd or fn , what say you?

BH has a Baby Eagle in .45. I really like it, I just don't think it's what I'm looking for. Feels great in hand. Amazing reviews on line. Reasonably priced. All steel so not a carry piece for for HD and the range, it seems unbeatable.

Just a thought.

C

Get a Glock 21. You're familiar with it already and the 30 can use the 21's mags.

+1 G21

FNP45 some users online claim there's a broken firing pin problem in the past. check it out.

if you don't carry XD service model you may as well get the XDm 4.5

there's much much more aftermarket goodies for G21

remember you're either Glock or not

How many platforms do your shoot proficiently? If it's the Glock 30, stick with a Glock considering the Glock trigger. Basically, I'm saying you want what you're best with for a defense gun and have already programmed muscle memory. Under duress is not the time to stumble with the unfamiliar.

Double this... Love my H&Ks...

This... the USP is the only polymer 45 I know of rated to handle .45 super out of the box. Couple that with HK reliability and you can't lose.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I own a glock 30 sf th at is my carry weapon and I love it, extremely accurate and easy to handle, Im thinking i want a another 45 just a little larger for a house gun, just gonna pick your brains a little bit, I can appreciate a 1911 but not my style, narrowed it down to glock, xd or fn , what say you?

If I had a G30 I'd be looking at the G21 or G21SF. You are already familiar with the platform and getting proficient will be quick and easy.

Have to agree w/ the others saying some flavor of G21. I have a Gen4 G21 and it is fantastic. Only have about 700 or so rounds through mine (freakin .45 is expensive), but so far no bobbles and accuracy is excellent. While some Gen4 models have been criticized for less than stellar reliability, I've only heard great things about the Gen4 G21.

I also have an HK USP45F that has been nothing but stellar. Have roughly 3.5k rounds through it. Ergo's sometimes leave me a little wanting though. DA trigger is meh, but the SA is decent.

Picked up a used M&P45F not too long ago. I'm learning to like it. Haven't mastered it enough yet to say whether I think it's accurate or not, but it does have a stellar rep for accuracy. Recoil control is excellent.

HK45 is sort of the next evolution of the USP series and is considered a top tier .45 by many. I've fired one and like it. It felt very similar to my USP in recoil, but the HK45 ergos are noticeably better.

FNP45 - Never fired one. Held one at a gunstore and it looks very promising. Sort of another flavor of HK's execution on a combat pistol.

Hope this helps.

All your opinions help, I just have to hold and handle the models you guys are talking about just a little difficult with getting hands on some with the run on them lately. My only inclination is toward the glock 21 sf only because glock is the platform I shoot right now, and familiar with it. Under stressfull situations muscle memory takes over and thinking goes away. Maybe Im right maybe Im over thinking it who knows. Thats why I sold off the other makes I had. But Dam there are some nice ones out there as you guys talked about.