AmericanMade

.45 ACP Suggestions

Hello all,

I’m looking to ad my first .45 ACP to my collection. I have listed several guns below that I’ve been looking at. I know it is ultimately what feels better in my hand and what I shoot better but please let me know your thoughts on those listed such as pros/cons etc. Open to other suggestions but I’m currently not in the market for a 1911. (My father owns one and I shoot it often.) Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Glock 21

CZ 97b

Ruger SR45

S&W M&p 45

Sig p220

Kahr CW45

Ruger P345

Personally, I have shot the G21 and it was sweet. However, the gun was modified by the owner. Keyholed the target at ten yards first time shooting it.

Another one you may consider is the M&P 45c. It's still a rather large gun but feels great in hand. Just a touch smaller than the full sized. It's what I would go for if I was looking for more plastic. I have also held the Baby Eagle in 45. Great reviews. Great feel in hand. All steel and reasonably priced. They have (had?) one at Bullet Hole. If I was looking to add steel not in a 1911, it's what I would go for.

Good luck.

C

I have the Glock 21 and the recoil is very good for a 45. I enjoy shooting it.

At the time i got it i did it soecifically because i planned and ultimately did get a slide in 10mm.

I ve also shot the M&P 45 and i can grip it better and shoot better with it.

No experience with the other models you have listed.

That is a lot of different sizes and weights. Its hard to pick from that or suggest more without knowing your requirements.

I know, sorry, my list is all over the place with size, weight, and purpose. I'm looking for a good all around shooter to take to the range, home defense, possible out of state ccw with some models and generally looking to get some knowledge of other guns I have missed or am not considering.

I know, sorry, my list is all over the place with size, weight, and purpose. I'm looking for a good all around shooter to take to the range, home defense, possible out of state ccw with some models and generally looking to get some knowledge of other guns I have missed or am not considering.

Glock 21 Gen 4. 13+1 standard, ability to add +2 to the mags. I have one and it is a fantastic shooter.