M1152

New NJ DMV Vehicle Registration cards

I renewed the car and I got one of those. I just put the whole piece of paper in the holder.

The new one with the van was cut out already.

I used to renew at the MVC office so I never really got laminated ones except when I first got my custom plates. I didn't want to pay the online convenience fee and I was in the area anyway. Newton MVC has very short lines. Last time I renewed by mail also to avoid the convenience fee.

I received a work license card from Jersey a couple months ago that looks like it was printed on that filler paper they sell in the Back to School section of the grocery store. Two grades heavier than tissue paper. I showed it to everybody in the office. It was truly ghetto.

anyone receive their new (NJ) vehicle registration cards yet? you have to cut them out yourself with scissors and no longer laminated. what a joke....

Laminated? Did you mean perforated? I've never had a NJ registration card that came laminated.

Yep, last couple were like that.. No shiney, nada. You'd think they'd at least print some dotted lines. I'm sure it wont break them on ink costs.

Just got my mc renewal today. I think I'm going to use my wife's sewing scissors. You know, the kind hat make a saw tooth edge? Lets see what the next leo that wants to see my card does. Laugh his arse off or rip it up.. Lmao..

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Hope they don't use a laser printer to print the information then. A lot of the clear vinyl windows on ID/document holders seem to like to adhere to and pull off the information, which could leave you with a half blank registration when you go to pull it out....especially if other objects are placed on the top of the document holder...

I love the audacity of charging me $2 more for the "convenience" of saving them money, yet they can't even make their paperwork so that it'll hold up over a year's time...

Not laminated, just "shiny" with a water resistant coating. Guess that is gone.

Oh yeah, they did do that before, didn't they? Probably the last 5 or so I've gotten have been the 'full sheet' with the card perforated into it. I completely forgot about those old cards. Guess I am starting to get old...

Laminated? Did you mean perforated? I've never had a NJ registration card that came laminated.

Maybe not the best description but they were protected with something and whatever it was is gone along with the perforation for easy removal. I took the old reg card and laid it over top the new reg to trace a line around it so now its wallet size for scooter season. The one for the car isn’t that big of a deal because it stays in the car but the one for the MC goes in my wallet so space is limited. Another issue is the MC reg was $65 and the car reg was $46.50 so haven’t figured that one out either....

Hope they don't use a laser printer to print the information then. A lot of the clear vinyl windows on ID/document holders seem to like to adhere to and pull off the information, which could leave you with a half blank registration when you go to pull it out....especially if other objects are placed on the top of the document holder...

I love the audacity of charging me $2 more for the "convenience" of saving them money, yet they can't even make their paperwork so that it'll hold up over a year's time...

They should bring it up to a $5 fee. Call it "Luxury Fee" and actually print the cards on something thicker than tissue paper coated with wax.

Is New Jersey state government going to spend less this year than in 2012?If so, please let me know. I'd like to give the fat man some cred if that happens.

No

"Budget cuts" are a tiny cut in the growth of spending.

"Massive budget cuts" are a slightly bigger cut in the growth of spending.