david8613

who has the most affordable car insurance?

I'm about to lease a new car and was quoted 4300.00 for insurance for the year!!! no infractions on my dl at all, clean. the last time I had insurance I was only paying 1100.00 for the year on a lease for a Chrysler 300... the only thing is I haven't had car insurance for past 3 years because I was using mass transit and shared a vehicle with my wife, but now I'm ready to buy but the insurance is crazy... I found the car I want help!

i have liberty mutual. 2300 for 2 cars, full coverage. both my wife and I took $20 online safety course to get the most discounts.

LM is otstanding and covered few claims for me with incredible speed and coverage.

I use Triple AAA they aren't to bad and I've been in one accident, my fault, but no spike just lost our no accident discount or whatever. On another note, insurance rates are based on your credit score mostly from what I'm told.

It has a lot to do with where you live too. With allstate I pay $3k per year for an acura and lexus. Rates went up like crazy once I moved to where I am now.

My wife and I have perfect driving records too.

I currently have Traverlers, which wasn't bad, but every 6 months they raise my insurance on my 2 vehicles $50.

I will soon be switching to Allstate, thanks Bry@n, they are quite a bit cheaper for better coverage.

If you qualify you can't beat nj manufacturers.

My girlfriend has them and not quite as good as they used to be. The "Profit Sharing" check she gets back each year has gone down and down.

I just got her a quote with Travelers and they are about $350 per year cheaper for better coverage and will get even cheaper when she puts me on her title as co-owner so she can be on my plan and get the multi-car discount.

I'm about to lease a new car and was quoted 4300.00 for insurance for the year!!! no infractions on my dl at all, clean. the last time I had insurance I was only paying 1100.00 for the year on a lease for a Chrysler 300... the only thing is I haven't had car insurance for past 3 years because I was using mass transit and shared a vehicle with my wife, but now I'm ready to buy but the insurance is crazy... I found the car I want help!

I think not having insurance for the last 3 years is a major factor. At least that used to be the case.

What kind of car?

We've had NJM since about the Beginning of Time -- and their underwriters lose control when they hear the word "Porsche". I don't want to think what they do when they hear the word "Ferrari" or even "Tesla". So what kind of car is it? I'll take a guess that it's not a Prius or a VW Golf.

Kind of car matters but also the area you live in. I have NJ Manufacturers also and pay $1700/yr for 2 cars full coverage, no accidents, no driving violations. Really like the company and they pay you a dividend every year.

When I moved from one suburban town where I grew up (Pemberton in the middle of Pinelands and not many highways) to current location Hamilton, my insurance went up just because I live in a major traffic area because the NJTP, I-195, 295, and 95 are all within a couple of minutes and this area is highly populated and they rate you more because you're more likely to get into an accident when there's more cars around you.

Unless your like 21 yrs old or looking to insure a Porsche 911 $4300 is a lot!

I used to have njm I was paying 1100.00 a year for my Chrysler 300, i no longer qualify...I got another quote from gieco 2600.00 for the year, meh.... the car im looking at is a 2013 Buick lacrosse, so nice... the insurance is just holding me back now and yes it has to do with the fact I haven't had insurance in awhile... so yes I gotta find an insurance company that won't hold that against me... gonna check usaa, what about the general? I hope I find something quick...

Short story about Allstate.. I had platinum coverage on a 05 dodge ram and a 09 mazda cx9.. full coverage.. After getting tired of 2100 /year for both.. i started courting a new insurance company.. armed with ridiculous comps that were dirt cheap compared to allstate.. they offered me $300 off for switching to E-statements.. if that wasnt a last ditch effort to keep my account i dont know what is.. anyhow.. i cut down from platinum to gold and saved $500 total.

All the posts are worthless for comparison if you don't know the coverage levels.....

What threshold......coverage amounts..............deductibles.............number of cars..........number of drivers.

Otherwise it's like saying "I bought three case of ammo for $1000" and others telling you if you or a deal or not.

Limited.......250/500/250 full coverage including state max on PIP.........$100 ded for comp/col/liability/........2 cars (2012 SUV's).....2 driver over 25 no accidents = $2038 a year.......Ameriprise ( through American Express through Costco). NJM wants $2800 for the same coverage for us. For that price I can almost get the unlimited threshold!

If you qualify you can't beat nj manufacturers.

I have to agree best Insurance company I ever had. One of the few perks of living in this state.

If you shared a vehicle with your wife weren't both of you on the insurance?

Second thing to consider - did you perhaps have a motorcycle that you kept insured? Many car insurers will waive the stupidity of "not having continuous insurance" if you happen to have motorcycle insurance.

I'm with Progressive and only pay about 134 a month.

Breakdown of coverage:

15K/30K Bodily Injury

5k Disability liability

15K/30K for uninsured/under insured

Collision with $500 deductible

Thats all for a 1990 Ford F150, and I'm 21. So it'll probably go down in a couple months or so. Hopefully.