destro23

Gangbaners going to lakewood range?

Unfortunately I know the family who owns shore shot. My wife and I went to school with them. (The father owns it. The kids work there). I heard stories before I owned any firearms and it didn't seem outrageous. First hand account of a waist band carrying individual not signing in and doing the whole "kill shot" lol thing down range and leaving. I Personally witnessed a similar thing my first time out. With my own gun. Rapid firing no concern for safety or consideration for others. And they have a range officer behind glass with a mic who yelled at me as was putting on my glasses. Anyway. Like I said. I know the family and I joined brick armory. Both walking distance from multiple apartment complexes on Lakewood but I've NEVER witnessed any behavior like that at BA I'm not surprised one bit.

I am sorry, this is a bs thread.... First of all, the name of the store is not named in the article, so it is unfair to come out and say they were heading to Shore Shot. I have shot at both places multiple times, and I have found these incidents to have happened at both ranges. And at BOTH ranges i have found that range masters will be both inside and outside of the firing line. And I am willing to bet at most ranges, they have all had their fair share of "Undesirables" that have frequented their establishments....

I am sorry, this is a bs thread.... First of all, the name of the store is not named in the article, so it is unfair to come out and say they were heading to Shore Shot. I have shot at both places multiple times, and I have found these incidents to have happened at both ranges. And at BOTH ranges i have found that range masters will be both inside and outside of the firing line. And I am willing to bet at most ranges, they have all had their fair share of "Undesirables" that have frequented their establishments....

I'm glad I don't have to put up with this situation at the Clubs I shoot at.

If you really want to stop the "Bangers" and others who won't qualify for a FID, just stop renting guns.....or install facial recognition software into the security cameras and POST IT for all to see. Or BOTH! Felon comes into the place and "Pop goes the Weasel"......yeah I know slippery slope Constitutional issues, but it not like you don't KNOW you're on camera from the moment you walk through the door....

Somehow I was able to make friends (before computers) and go shoot what ever others had and then decide if I was in the market for that gun or acc'y. Never went to a rental range to "try-out".

O-K, if you Kids want to flame me, go ahead...I'm a tough old SOB and I can take it!

The key to any business is service, and a fair price. I stopped going to Sure Shot. The attitude of most of the counter workers turn me off. I don't know if its the retired LE attitude, or these guys are just not happy with their jobs I choose not to spend my money there. The price gouging is crazy in that place for accessories. They really should not eat at the counter, it makes it look like your bothering them when you want to see something. They also really need to stop talking about customers at the counter with one another after they take a phone call. Its unprofessional and rude.

I've seen people I suspect were gang bangers at a WMA range before(at least 7 years ago). They went to the other side of the range(we were on the shotgun side), they all got out, and not one of them went to the back of the SUV to open the hatch(to get their cased firearms :lol:). They all had their pistols on them. My buddy discreetly put a call in to NJ F&W LE office, but they didn't even make it out there before we left(that was at least a half hour after the gang bangers left). He gave a tag number, description of vehicle and description of the individuals.

Perhaps that is why RTSP takes your picture the first time you shoot there.

Interesting and rather alarming ...What did they say is the reasoning behind such a policy?

So if I follow this logic, if they bought clothes at Macy's and cold medicine at CVS, those places would be considered unsafe and a hangout for gangbangers? I am sure criminals and undesirables shoot at the ranges that are close to where they live, even in nice areas. :) When I lived in NJ I bought all my handguns from Shore Shot and took a few new shooters there to buy their first gun. This was about 10 years ago and the service was great and they were easy to deal with over the phone. I would call, fax a copy of my FID and then pick up the gun when they got it in. No deposit necessary. I accept that things can change but pointing fingers at them, no matter what their current reputation is, simply because some gangbangers were going to go there but never made it is stretching it a little bit.