Not sure what all the celebrating is about. NONE of these bills should have been near Christies desk.

So instead of being totally fuxxed we only get partially fuxxed. Yippy.

If for 1 second he thought he could sign these bills and weather the backlash, you can be sure he would have. Christie is still a worthless piece of dog doo, playing the system for himself and his chronies. Hows everyone of his unqualified buddies making out?

Lets see ones a US senator, at least ones a judge, and I can't even count the number of people hes placed at do nothing jobs at the PA.

I will never vote for him again and he sure won't get a dime from me.

Not sure what all the celebrating is about.

It's about perspective.

NY, CT and CO got reamed. California is about to get it real hard. We basically delayed this almost to the election, and got the worst of it vetoed. Now tell me that's not something you're proud of?

As for the bills reaching his desk, you do realize that we are dealing with NJ democrats, many of whom know that their seat is guaranteed basically for life because they represent some urban ghetto that doesn't know how to  vote any other way.

For all this talk of getting Christie to start passing pro 2A bills in NJ is never going to happen unless the Republicans can take control of the Senate and Assembly in November. Turnout is expected to be light for the November election since the Democratic voters will be getting excited for the  special October Senate election and may not turn out for the general election.

GETTING EVERY PRO 2A SYMPATHETIC VOTER OUT TO THE POLES IN NOVEMBER IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL -  ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED DISTRICT. - Yes, I know I'm yelling, but that needs to be said loud and clear.

If the Republicans can take control of the Senate, they will be able to approve Christie's Supreme Court nominees at will - this is huge, Christie will be able to change the court from a majority of liberal activist douche bag judges to a court where justices will actually read our state constitution and what was intended by it, when hearing cases. This will be a gift that keeps on giving long after Christie is gone.

Nail meet hammer. You are absolutely correct...

Yes, we need to be on the offensive. I said that before, and I say it again. We always seem to be playing defense with these issues. Now it's time to push back and fix the system. Why did I wait 4 1/2 months for a replacement FID card and 3 pistol purchase permits? Why do I need PPP's? Why am I paying $18 again for another replacement FID card background check? They just typed one up for me, why not let me pay the $6 and have a second one issued at the same time? What kind of stupid BS is this?

Yes, I want a backup FID card to keep in my safe in case something happens to this one. For five months I had no FID and had to have my wife buy all the long guns and ammo since she has hers.

Forget the fee's entirely IMO. 

What ever "extra" records NJSP checks over the standard FBI NICS check, have them submit those records to the FBI.  Eliminiate the FID/P2P system.  Our taxes are already paying for the FBI NICS system, so why we're paying for Troopers/Clerks to staff the firearms unit is beyond me.   One FBI NICS check at the point of sale is sufficient, especially if NJ submits the additional records to their system.  Any more than that and it's redundant, and wasting tax dollars.  If one background check can't catch the "bad" stuff then what good is 2 or 3+ background checks? 

It's wasting our time, NJSP's time and valuable manpower(we pay Troopers to be police not push paperwork in an office in Trenton), our money, or tax dollars...it's negative all the way around. 

Not sure what all the celebrating is about.

Unless you have been living in a cave for the last 25 years you should realize winning a draw on a gun bill in NJ is a WIN in this state.

Really? He's still a piece of crap and anti gun

This could have very easily went the other way so your statement is uncalled for, he put the brakes on this shit for the moment so give the man some credit. Looking for someone to bash, go after Sheila Oliver and Bryan Miller and that tribe...

So Christie did the right thing, after doing the wrong thing.  Thank God for small favors, I suppose. I still won't support him for president. His decisions to pass some and not others was carefully thought out political strategy, nothing more. Not based on principle or constitutionality.  I'm done supporting politicians with career aspirations. "Politician" was never intended to be a career, and we need term limits across the board, including for all judges.

SO...What happened to the "no out-of-state ammo purchases" bill?  Still in committee, or...?

The bills can be changed and sent back due to the fact that they were not unconditional vetoes. This means that they have to meet Christies conditions, he has already said he doesn't think people who own guns shouldn't be allowed ammo ether. Hopefully the on line mail order ammo part won't come back.

I aint Country Club Jersey Rich.

Maybe somebody round here dips into the bathsalts and pork rinds ;)

Psh, neither am I - I'm a lowly PhD student living humbly within my means.

I chose to forego a few months of my "luxury"/discretionary spending for this bottle, but it's totally worth it since it'll last for that few months if I take my time with it :)

So Christie did the right thing, after doing the wrong thing.  Thank God for small favors, I suppose. I still won't support him for president. His decisions to pass some and not others was carefully thought out political strategy, nothing more. Not based on principle or constitutionality.  I'm done supporting politicians with career aspirations. "Politician" was never intended to be a career, and we need term limits across the board, including for all judges.

+1

Christie is acting in his own interest. If we were some sneaky, conniving force like the media portrays us, we could manipulate him Michael Westen-style so that pro-2A concerns ARE his best interest... but we're not like that, so we can't count on CC to vote pro-2A. He will sign/veto whichever way the wind is blowing.

Maybe here in Jersey, that's the best we can ask for with all the raging anti's we have. But Christie for POTUS? You have got to be freaking kidding me. There is a whole host of Republican candidates that are genuinely pro-2A and still tow the party line if you agree with the R social policies.

For those who value all civil liberties and not just some, you have the Libertarian party: the unequivocal champions of freedom, including the right to keep and bear arms.

Again, Christie might be the best we get in the NJ statehouse - but there are far better choices for the White House.

If your boss wanted to cut your pay, but your union wanted to get you a raise, and at the end of all the fighting your pay stayed the same, would you throw a party? Nothing was gained, not one stupid gun law got changed, yea we didnt get more screwed, thank the warden and an extra scoop of mashed potatoes for everyone. Sorry to be the conservative buzz kill, but maybe you guys could slow down on the kool-aide.

If your boss wanted to cut your pay, but your union wanted to get you a raise, and at the end of all the fighting your pay stayed the same, would you throw a party? Nothing was gained, not one stupid gun law got changed, yea we didnt get more screwed, thank the warden and an extra scoop of mashed potatoes for everyone. Sorry to be the conservative buzz kill, but maybe you guys could slow down on the kool-aide.

I am not sure I agree with this analogy.  There was no scenario where we were better off (i.e. the raise).  Or even a hope for the status-quo. A better one would be a scenario of a pay cut of 25% or one for 5%.   I think what has happen here - we got the 5% pay cut overall.

Should anyone be thrilled about that?  No, I suppose not. I think what you are seeing is a big relief that it was not much worse (the 25% pay cut).  I think this is a very natural and legitimate reaction.

Unless you have been living in a cave for the last 25 years you should realize winning a draw on a gun bill in NJ is a WIN in this state.

This could have very easily went the other way so your statement is uncalled for, he put the brakes on this shit for the moment so give the man some credit. Looking for someone to bash, go after Sheila Oliver and Bryan Miller and that tribe...

It wasn't a win.  Are we better off with the bills he signed into law?  Net 2 against, 1 for.  So essentially we give up more and think its a win?  Wow we should celebrate we didn't get as screwed as we could have. 

It's a win for the antis.  We give up something they give up nothing, and the pro community calls it a win?  SO more rights get trampled and I should say thank you to the RINO POS?  No thanks. That's how we got in this hell hole in the first place. 

I'll celebrate when all that's needed to purchase a gun is a background check and proof of age.  Same for carry. 

C'mon guys...this was huge. Sweeping gun bills struck down in NEW JERSEY of all places. Alot of people (myself included) thought we were doomed. Maybe Christie had his own political interests in mind more than the rights of NJ gun owners, but who the hell cares. I was getting prepared to uproot my life and move to Pennsylvania ASAP because of these bills. i still want outta here, but at least this buys me some time until 2016. Unfortunatley, i fear the ghettocrat regime in this state will try this crap again once Christie leaves office and they have some Liberal turd for a governor again.

If the Republicans can take control of the Senate, they will be able to approve Christie's Supreme Court nominees at will - this is huge, Christie will be able to change the court from a majority of liberal activist douche bag judges to a court where justices will actually read our state constitution and what was intended by it, when hearing cases. This will be a gift that keeps on giving long after Christie is gone.

I praise your optimism, but do you really think we would get good judges? Look at his 2 AG picks. We would get liberal, progressive POS judges that don't give a crap about the constitution. The only difference is they would have an R after their name instead of a D.

I praise your optimism, but do you really think we would get good judges? Look at his 2 AG picks. We would get liberal, progressive POS judges that don't give a crap about the constitution. The only difference is they would have an R after their name instead of a D.

We won't get great judges but we will get less bad judges.

It wasn't a win. Are we better off with the bills he signed into law? Net 2 against, 1 for. So essentially we give up more and think its a win? Wow we should celebrate we didn't get as screwed as we could have.

It's a win for the antis. We give up something they give up nothing, and the pro community calls it a win? SO more rights get trampled and I should say thank you to the RINO POS? No thanks. That's how we got in this hell hole in the first place.

I'll celebrate when all that's needed to purchase a gun is a background check and proof of age. Same for carry.

Yes on all counts. And this "accepting the lesser if two evils" or "at least we didn't get screwed as badly as we could have" attitude is what will sink us all, in the end. It's exactly how they've already gotten all the gun control laws in the books, and this was just another step FORWARD for them.

You people can play the political game all you want. In done. It's an UNINFRINGABLE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. Every single gun control law is unconstitutional. I don't care what judges say, they're wrong and writing laws from the bench to fit their political agenda.

On this issue, its all or nothing. And for those if you who think that sort of thinking is stupid or short-sighted, YOU have been the problem all along, allowing ever-further encroachment, just "happy they didn't get more than they got."

No sir. Not me. It will soon be time for Atlas to shrug.

I will be thankful for small favors. I know that in reality this celebration will be short-lived, because when I look beyond Christie to his successor, what do I see?

If he wins re-election and doesn't sign any new ridiculous anti bills, I see it as a few more years to plan my escape.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/08/christie_nj_gun_control_bills_legislature_governor_2016_president.html#incart_river

Took them long enough. Must have had a hard time getting bryan to stop cryin and make a statement.

This statement is too funny. Can anyone even the sheeple out there believe lines like this? That would be one powerful weapon, able to take down a chemical plant. F'n idiots!

Bryan Miller, executive director of Heeding God's Call, a faith-based organization focused on gun violence, called it the “most common-sensical bill in the entire package.”

“One person with one of these guns and incendiary armor piercing bullets could knock down a chemical plant and kill hundreds of people. Chris Christie clearly is courageous for his place in the Republican Party, but not for the residents of New Jersey,” Miller said.

If he wins re-election and doesn't sign any new ridiculous anti bills, I see it as a few more years to plan my escape.

Thats what I'm taking out of this. Lets be realistic, we got a reprieve here, that is all and I am gratefull for it as just that. For some Godforsaken reason NJ thinks it has a duty to compete with CA to bring the 2A to its knees. IIRC back in March there was 70+ proposed anti bills. Some got combined, some "dismissed" but others are still cooking especially the mag cap one. It is painfully obvious the Assembly/Senate houses can push forward what they want to. They will not quietly fade into the sunset, just a matter of time. I will be leaving this state for that and other oppressive issues.