alec.mc

Finding a hidden room in your house. Awesome right? Not this time.

Not too keen on the idea that someone would be living in my house without me knowing about it, but that can be quickly rectified. On the upside,  I would love to have a hidden room like that.  Could come in handy when the zombies attack.

I wonder was there another Entry to that room or just the hidden book case.

Quoting from the Imagur poster's 2nd posting:

There were no other entrances to the secret passage, therefore the person would have been using my parents' bedroom to access it. The walls are incredibly soundproof, which is probably how we didn't even notice.

When my folks first purchased the house over 20 years ago they didn't know the basement had a hidden room. it was covered up by shelves and junk. Years later my father decided to clean out the basement. The room is still there. Whats inside? Nothing. the floor is smooth dirt, the walls are brick with a single hanging light in the center. apperenty its something called a cold room. the floor is always really cold as is the room itself. 

When i sold my house in lake hopatcong I had a hidden closet for my collection, Fire rated door with cement block and wonder board walls.  I won't say how many but I find it funny that there home inspector didn't find it . And I would have liked to have seen their face when they found it, when they moved in. I left it open, and with the gun racks in place. 

My first house had a hidden "vault" in the bedroom. Hidden in plain site too. About 2x2x4.

Multiple trips through the house pre purchase and never saw it. Got the keys for the day we closed.

When we sold the house the buyer turned out to be a dill-weed. left the keys in the vault and never told him.

15 yo  teenage boy huh......I'm thinking very good panic room for when mom and dad aren't home and you're in there with you girlfriend!  

Except for having to exit through the parents room afterward. "Oh hi mom, I didn't hear you get home. I was just, err showing her the, uhh, hidden room"

Is this fake?

Has to be.......a year of someone walking through someone else's house without anyone noticing? And, as others have said, they didn't change the locks? or didn't ever lock the doors? I'm not buying it, just another internet schlub trying to get a good story over on everyone.

Sounds like BS, but I still think it's cool nonetheless. Plus, you can see how it's studs and sheet rock on the one side. Not very soundproof.

I'm also curious how it got built. No way were they granted a building permit for that, and it definitely wasn't in the original plans. That isn't some homeowner installed crap.

More that I think of it, spiral staircases aren't easy to install. I doubt it was original only because it's a deathtrap in a fire, but no way could that have been welded in..