mipafox

This Weekend - Storm of the Century?

The original "super storm" that was mentioned over a week ago was based on a graphic of one weather model that somebody posted, not an actual forecast.  People saw the map, took it as gospel, and ran with it all over the internet.  I've been following Severe NJ Weather and he's tired of hearing about it, to the point of disabling private messages, saying it's irresponsible to predict weather that far out, etc etc.  

Right now it looks like a storm will come in off the coast and the severity of snow will depend on the track and what else it interacts with.  It could be a big event or it could be a dud.  It's too soon to tell for sure.

Don't know about it being a 100 year storm, when I had my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee we had over three feet of snow in one storm and lots of storms over a foot or more.  Just call me doubtful.  But heck, if it snows it snows - it is winter you know.

Are the weather kooks right? I hear they have been predicting Storm of the Century since before last weekend. Is it coming or not? Because I got plans for Monday darnit. So please tell me. Thanks :)

Which century are you talking about? I hear they only got 1/2 inch during the entire 1100s.

Without doubt it'll be the storm of the century, absolutely, positively . Unless it doesn't happen or isn't so bad. And then only until the next one.

Ha,ha. So true. What ever it does, it does. I'm not worring about it.

I wonder how many people are like, "Damn, another snow storm! Better run out to the grocery store to get milk and bread......OH WAIT! I still have 4 gallons of milk and 3 loaves of bread left from running out to the grocery store before all the other storms! Maybe I should stay put....???? Nah. THIS storm could be "THE ONE!". I better run out and get some more milk and bread.....just in case. Sure hope there is some left!"

Another 8 hours of plowing today. I hope this next storm is as huge as they have been building it up to be.

You only plow for 8 hours!?  When I used to do it (my whole life up til 3 years ago) it was more like 20 hours...or more.  I hate plows, plowing, shoveling,basically anything to do with snow removal.  You guys that plow can keep it!  I only buy vehicles that can drive through 18"+ beacuse I am not gonna be the one to remove it! 

Ken

Ha,ha. So true. What ever it does, it does. I'm not worring about it.

I wonder how many people are like, "Damn, another snow storm! Better run out to the grocery store to get milk and bread......OH WAIT! I still have 4 gallons of milk and 3 loaves of bread left from rumning out to the grocery store before all the other storms! Maybe I should stay put....???? Nah. THIS storm could be "THE ONE!". I better run out and get some more milk and bread.....just in case. Sure hope there is some left!"

That is a most excelent description of my neighbor.  The only thing I do is buy a gallon of milk instead of the half gallon.  I have a freezer full of good food.  It will take a long time before I need anything.

Ken

That is a most excelent description of my neighbor.  The only thing I do is buy a gallon of milk instead of the half gallon.  I have a freezer full of good food.  It will take a long time before I need anything.

Ken

I shop before snow storms. I like to eat fresh food so I generally shop twice on the weekends and once during the workweek. Has nothing to do with panic or being unprepared. I want to eat fresh strawberries today just like I did the last two days without risking my life to do it. If I don't get them, I have plenty of food of course.

I shop before snow storms. I like to eat fresh food so I generally shop twice on the weekends and once during the workweek. Has nothing to do with panic or being unprepared. I want to eat fresh strawberries today just like I did the last two days without risking my life to do it. If I don't get them, I have plenty of food of course.

I agree 100%.  When it gets crappy out I dont go anywhere.  Thats where the freezer comes in handy.  That and I cant eat 100lbs of venison at one sitting.

Ken

We normally do our weekly shopping on Saturday mornings anyway, so I hope all the nutjobs prepping for the storm we might get aren't out yet.. We have plenty of food, meat in the freezer, soups, tuna, canned veggies, frozen stuff and bread.. We always stay pretty stocked.. Now while I don't want a lot of snow, I'm prepared if there is (food-wise).. And we always have at least 3-4 cases of bottled water