Tallday

Call Gov. Christie to VETO A2006/S993 @ 609-292-6000

I've been like a teenager the last two weeks. I come on here 15 times a day to "View New Content."

I wonder if calling him a third time will change his mind. Maybe an email with a scary photo:

gorilla-face.jpg

This is the text on the NRA Site:

Governor Christie Nixes Gun and Magazine Ban Legislation

Today, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie ® vetoed A.2006/S.993, sponsored by Assembly Majority Leader Louis Greenwald (D-6) and Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg (D-37).  This legislation sought to arbitrarily lower New Jersey’s magazine restriction from fifteen rounds to ten.  New Jersey is one of only a handful of states that already has a restriction on the number of rounds permitted.  Of course, criminals ignore the law, making such measures completely ineffective at addressing public safety and violent crime.  Cities like Camden, Jersey City, Patterson, Newark and Trenton continue to experience high crime rates despite New Jersey having some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation.  The state has had a fifteen-round magazine limit for about two decades and it has had zero impact on crime during that time.  Yet, New Jersey’s anti-gun legislators were poised to enact more of the same failed policies and continue their attack on law-abiding gun owners in the Garden State.

The NRA actively worked against these bills during this legislative session and testified in opposition to these anti-gun bills in both Senate and Assembly committee hearings at the Statehouse.  We thank the hundreds of New Jersey NRA members who also traveled to Trenton to testify against these bills.  Also, thank you to those NRA members who were unable to attend committee hearings and instead made phone calls to legislators and the Governor.  Our unified effort made the difference!

Using the contact information provided below, please call and e-mail Governor Chris Christie to thank him for vetoing this anti-gun legislation and defending the Second Amendment.

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/news/news/552014/pdf/20140702a_A2006CV.PDF

Looks like he's calling for deletion of mag limit language and replacing with tougher penalties for illegal gun possession and mental health reform.

and i have absolutely no problem with that..

someone just posted this: I dont post up here often but I read up on here a ton, but i just received an NRA-ILA e-mail stating that Gov. Christie vetoed! Has anyone else received this? I know this is not the end of hearing from gun grabbers. But we still should thank the Gov!

shocking a hour before the Gov vetoed the bill Bryan Miller brought the newton parents

Christie’s veto came less than an hour after gun control advocates – including parents of two Sandy Hook school shooting victims – delivered to Christie’s office 55,000 online petition signatures from around the country that called for him to sign the legislation.

“The very day that grieving parents of children slain in Sandy Hook Elementary School brought 55,000 petitions asking the governor to do the right thing for public safety, he did exactly the wrong thing,” said Bryan Miller, executive director of Heeding God’s Call, a faith-based group that pushes for more gun control measures.

shocking a hour before the Gov vetoed the bill Bryan Miller brought the newton parents

An hour after a visit by someone who doesn't live in NJ, representing parents who don't love in NJ, delivered a petition by people who don't live in NJ, Christie listened to those that DO live in NJ and vetoed the bill.

One last phone call needed!

I urge everyone to make one more phone call to the governor's office tomorrow and thank him for his well thought out veto. Show him we appreciate it!