Malsua

Red Light Runner

Had this one this morning in Maywood.   This is probably the worst red light run I've seen in a long time.

I can't seem to figure out what kind of car it was.   If it had been lighter out the camera would have had much better detail.

I assume this was in NJ?  Things like red lights only apply to people that respect the law.  If you are carrying an illegal gun you don't have to honor red lights, I believe Steven the pig Swiney wrote that into some law :)

What can we do as civilians when we see this crap? I was driving my son to daycare when some punk in a Honda with orange rear wheels and I believe purple front wheels and turtle gang written on the back window was driving recklessly. I saw the danger and stayed back. Later down the road the driver passed a school bus by driving on the shoulder. I dropped my son at daycare and went to get my coffee fix. To my surprise the Honda was parked at the jiffy lube next door. I debating going in and confronting the driver, or calling the cops. In the end I did neither as I felt it wouldn't do anything.

The original video looks to possibly be a mid 2000's Acura TSX or TL, more like a TSX with the rear lights. I thought a BMW at first but the flat horizontal top of the rear end and tail lights look more like a TSX.

It looks like they were either in a rush or were impatient you slowed down to stop for the yellow (which I would have done as well of course) since they passed you in the turning lane. Either way, what a dick. Red light runners cause many accidents a year and usually the scenes are nasty as they are typically T-bone or head-on accidents.

What can we do as civilians when we see this crap? I was driving my son to daycare when some punk in a Honda with orange rear wheels and I believe purple front wheels and turtle gang written on the back window was driving recklessly. I saw the danger and stayed back. Later down the road the driver passed a school bus by driving on the shoulder. I dropped my son at daycare and went to get my coffee fix. To my surprise the Honda was parked at the jiffy lube next door. I debating going in and confronting the driver, or calling the cops. In the end I did neither as I felt it wouldn't do anything.

Get the plate info and call the cops for aggressive driving and the area where you observed it.

There are plenty of really bad drivers in NJ, as well as the other states that I drive through and probably always will be. Part of this is due to the demise of the formal Drivers Education programs that were part of every high school curriculum 30-35 years ago, sacrificed due to school budget cuts.

As I get older and supposedly more mature, wiser and cautious, I seem to observe even more of the flagrant rules-of-the-road abusers and outright law breakers.
Now, as a BMW and M-B owner I would ask that you not be so quick to generalize and categorize all of us as bad or arrogant drivers. I will admit that there are many drivers of these two makes of vehicles that seem to have more than their fair share of bad behavior, yet I would also add many other high-end vehicles such as Land Rover / Range Rover, Jaguar, and far too many Japanese souped up “ricers” that disobey traffic laws.

But by far, from my observation, the most consistent bad drivers that will eventually cause an accident are the drivers of large SUV’s of all makes and models, not stopping for pedestrians in crosswalks at intersections, in most NJ towns. Most, but not all of the drivers of these SUV’s are women, very frequently illegally talking on a hand-held cell phone or texting, many times with young children in the rear seats. It scares the hell out of me and makes me quite frustrated that they should know better but persist in continuing this so obviously dangerous behavior.

Anyone else experience and witness these similar actions?
AVB-AMG

was probably a kid that works there. little things i let go. things like you described, i get tag, and make appropriate call.

Honestly new jersey roads are over crowded and with that comes aggression. For every bad driver you see there is someone behind you saying the same thing about you. Just got to stay calm and do our best to keep traffic moving.

But as stated above, when you see people who have complete disregard for saftey then take down the plate and let the police handle it.

There are plenty of really bad drivers in NJ, as well as the other states that I drive through and probably always will be. Part of this is due to the demise of the formal Drivers Education programs that were part of every high school curriculum 30-35 years ago, sacrificed due to school budget cuts.

As I get older and supposedly more mature, wiser and cautious, I seem to observe even more of the flagrant rules-of-the-road abusers and outright law breakers.

Now, as a BMW and M-B owner I would ask that you not be so quick to generalize and categorize all of us as bad or arrogant drivers. I will admit that there are many drivers of these two makes of vehicles that seem to have more than their fair share of bad behavior, yet I would also add many other high-end vehicles such as Land Rover / Range Rover, Jaguar, and far too many Japanese souped up “ricers” that disobey traffic laws.

But by far, from my observation, the most consistent bad drivers that will eventually cause an accident are the drivers of large SUV’s of all makes and models, not stopping for pedestrians in crosswalks at intersections, in most NJ towns. Most, but not all of the drivers of these SUV’s are women, very frequently illegally talking on a hand-held cell phone or texting, many times with young children in the rear seats. It scares the hell out of me and makes me quite frustrated that they should know better but persist in continuing this so obviously dangerous behavior.

Anyone else experience and witness these similar actions?

AVB-AMG

it's not just lack of drivers ed in schools, although that's a big part of it. don't buy into the school budget cuts. remember, 2/3 of your property taxes are for the school budget, and we pay the highest in the country avg/student.

now.....besides lack of drivers ed, it's lack of common sense being taught to so many kids. fwd, awd, and a dozen different "safety" features, such as traction control, abs, lane holding, etc causes people to depend on those, rather than actually learning how to drive their vehicle. especially in inclement weather. 

regarding suv's........i have SERIOUS issues with a lot of the people driving them. granted, i drive one myself, but the majority of people in them were honda or toyota drivers most of their lives, and have no clue how much heavier and how crappy these things handle compared to their shoeboxes.

i see people more often texting in sedans, than in suv's. mostly asian imports. i think that they forget that at 60mph they're going 88ft a second.

have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac- George Carlin

know what i find funny? i drive at pretty much the same speeds on the freeway that i did back in the 80's. back then, i was passing 2/3 of the other drivers out there. now? 2/3 of the other drivers are passing me. i'm fine with that. keeps me off the radar so to speak.

have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac- George Carlin

A classic!  And why do people park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?

I see something like this every visit to Jersey City, Bronx or even just upper Manhattan. There is also some special a..e with FDNJ plates who passes cars in a local two lane road with double line between lanes and 25mph speed limit. Saw this happen more times I care to count.

My favorite is when I stopped on a red light but car behind passed me on a right side and made left turn on red light.