Upfitter21

Looking to purchase first AR

31 posts in this topic

So looking to purchase my first AR, price range is <$1k.  I thought I found a Colt M4 Expanse but sadly it was already sold, so now my options are the M&P15, some Windham and Diamondback Rifles, and I found a Troy CQB SPCA3 for $800.  Anyone have any recommendations or know any stores which may have Colts in stock? 
Also still 18 so can't buy a stripped lower and do my own build.

Have you considered building your own? Buy a complete bcm upper and pick up a stripped lower and you will have a really solid ar for sub $1000. Takes a whole half hour or so to put together

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Still 18 so I don't believe I can buy a stripped lower yet, if I was 21 I would just build my own.

Welcome. I never heard that there is a problem under 18 but I have no clue. I'd buy a lower and upper from PSA. Get on their mailing list and you need to move fast when you see something you like. It's easy to have a very nice AR in the sub $700 range. Also check out mewe and the marketplace here and consider buying used. Lots of people buy AR's and for some reason don't shoot them much.

Welcome. I never heard that there is a problem under 18 but I have no clue. I'd buy a lower and upper from PSA. Get on their mailing list and you need to move fast when you see something you like. It's easy to have a very nice AR in the sub $700 range. Also check out mewe and the marketplace here and consider buying used. Lots of people buy AR's and for some reason don't shoot them much.

All the sites I've gone on have said ATF requires you to be 21+ to buy stripped lowers simply because you can make it into an AR pistol.  I might just go with a M&P15 since Hague's is gonna sell them for $600 over Blackfriday weekend.

1 person likes this

If you have to buy a complete rifle, I'd get a colt 6920 or similar model. Under a grand and a solid AR, plus resale value is excellent if you ever decide to sell it in the future.

I want to but can't really find any places here that have them or have them for a decent price.  Called Ottomanelli and their LE6920s are around $1200

You could try and wait for Black Friday. I went to the Heritage of Easton on Black Friday and picked up a S&W ar15 sport for under $600 about 2 years ago. Basic rifle but works like a champ. Never had any problems except normal human error.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By JT Custom Guns
      STAG VRST
      Weight: 6.5 lbs
      Length: 32.25" collapsed, 35.5" extended
      Action: Semi-Auto Direct Impingement
      Caliber: 5.56 NATO | .223
      Twist Rate: 1/7 Button Rifled
      Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider  (Muzzle Brake in NJ)
      Barrel: 16", 4150 Steel, Chrome Lined, Government Profile, Manganese Phosphate Coated
      Handguard: Diamondhead VRST Series 3 M-LOK 13.5" Handguard
      Receiver Material: Forged and Mil-Spec 7075 T6 Aluminum with Type 3 Hard Coat Anodizing
      Bolt Carrier: Mil-Spec Manganese Phosphate coated M16 BCG
      Gas System: Carbine Length with Low Profile Gas Block
      Charging Handle: Standard Mil-Spec
      Buttstock: Magpul MOE SL Stock
      Buffer: H Buffer and Spring
      Trigger: Mil-Spec Single Stage Trigger with Enhanced Trigger Guard
      Grip: Hogue Pistol Grip
      Magazine: 30rd PMAG  (10rd in NJ)
      Safety Selector: Right Hand
      SKU: STAG580024-D
      +  Mfg. Lifetime Warranty
      $850.00 - NJ Compliant with Hardshell Carry Case

• By remixer
      Some In-Stock Items ready to go.
      Sig Sauer M400 Elite Black 5.56 - $1099.00
      Sig Sauer M400 Elite Titanium - $1199.00
      Sig Sauer M400 Classic Black - $1149.00
      Hi Point 10mm Carbine - $369.00
      Hi Point 9mm Carbine w/Red dot - $299.00
      Ruger PC10 Carbine 9mm - $499.00
      CZ Usa 75BD 9mm - $575.00
      CZ Usa SP01 9mm  - $650.00
      Beretta 92 Inox Italy - $690.00
      Note: AR Pricing Includes all NJ Compliance work.

• By vm27
      ok guys so I just finished buying all the parts to build my first AR, however I do not know how to put all the parts together. I'm looking for someone who can professionally help me put the gun together, I am obviously willing to pay. I would go to shop but I really want to learn how to put it together. I have spent a good amount of money and so I am looking for someone who has experience building. I live in North Jersey, area code 07022. I willing to travel thats not a problem for me! AR223 - 18inch barrel looking for accuracy! 
    • By 9X19
      http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/17/dicks-sporting-goods-to-destroy-all-unsold-firearms-pulled-from-shelves-after-parkland-shooting.html
      More nonsense from Dicks Sporting Goods.
      Their stock will hopefully plummet and they will go away for once and for all. 
    • The seizure of the magazines was discussed thoroughly in the thread.  Read my responses there and we can continue that discussion in that thread. To respond to two points that haven't been discussed to death: 1.  The police are not a delivery service.  You offer no rationale why they should be. 2.  Transfer of the magazines from the seized property room to the original owner is not an exemption under the law.  Not saying I agree with the law.  You need to read it. 3.  Reaching? You're claiming there are no gun owners who habitually use marijuana?  That they could get away lying on the application because they never were caught?  Based on the number of people who are for recreational marijuana just on this forum you need to open your eyes.
    • This has been a great topic.... made me rethink my choices.... now in market for a Trl-7  
    • Thank you for the help.  I’m sure I’ll send a few questions your way very soon.
    • You don't   Some do.   Some don't.  
    • I smell a lawsuit a'comin. This is fantastic, hahaha! I mean, messed up for the owner obviously, but jesus where do the cops get these rule books from?! Lol