Sniper

Firearms Registration Act Introduced in Pennsylvania

This is the issue I mentioned the other day. Democrats are introducing all types of Anti-2A Bills, in hoping some will stick.  I believe the 2A community needs to be PROACTIVE and put pressure on these co-sponsors of these Bills BEFORE they even come up for a vote. Once the vote is taken, it's rarely reversed. Once it's signed into law, well, you know what happens then, it NEVER gets repealed.

Some sort of legal pressure needs to be put on these unconstitutional bill writing politicians, to make them think twice before even submitting a new Anti 2A bill for consideration.

Harrisburg, PA-(Ammoland.com)- A new bill introduced in Pennsylvania would establish a gun registry within the state.

HB0768 is known as the Firearms Registration Act. The Democrats that introduced the bill were Mary Louise Isaacson (D), Angel Cruz (D), and Mary Jo Daley (D). Last Friday, the General Assembly referred the bill to the committee on judiciary.

The bill would require gun owners in the Keystone State to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police. Owners would have to provide the police with the make, model, and the serial numbers of all their guns.

Along with the application that the gun owner must swear to under oath, the gun owner would have to submit fingerprints, two photographs that are no older than 30 days and go through a background check for each firearm that they own. This background check is the same one that they must go through to purchase a gun.

In addition to this requirement, they must also provide the Pennsylvania State Police with their home and work address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, age, sex, and citizenship. This requirement is more information than a person needs to vote.

If the State Police rejects the person's application, then they will have ten days to appeal the decision. The owner must turn their firearms into the State Police within three days of receiving notification of the rejection. If a person does not appeal the decision within ten days, their right is forfeit.

A gun owner cannot transfer any unregistered firearm. Anyone caught with an unregistered gun is guilty of a crime even if they are unaware of the firearm registration status. Also just holding an unregistered firearm at a range is a crime.

The gun owner has 48 hours to update the State Police if they change jobs, phone numbers, addresses, or anything else on the application. If they do not update the State Police, then they could be prosecuted for violating the law.

The certificate which will cost $10 per firearm will expire after one year. The gun owner would have to start the process over again to renew their certification. This process must be done 60 days before the certificate expires.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/firearms-registration-act-introduced-in-pennsylvania/#ixzz5i3Cniik2

This will never pass. $10 per firearm per year can easily mean hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year for a collector to simply keep what you already legally own. That kind of bullshit makes Jersey seem 2A friendly!

No freaking way that bill goes anywhere!

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

No freaking way that bill goes anywhere! 

The question is, how does the 2A community stop these crazy Bills from even being written and considered?

Also, with this level of attack, who still thinks PA is a "safe", 2A friendly state to move to?

• Like 1

That's pretty insane.Basically re-registering them every 10 months? A NICS check for every gun you already had a check for? Only 48 hours to notify the police after a life changing event (new job, new address)? I'm surprised they aren't asking for a super detailed analysis of every gun you own, describing every scratch or minor cosmetic issue to help identify it. 

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

The question is, how does the 2A community stop these crazy Bills from even being written and considered?

Also, with this level of attack, who still thinks PA is a "safe", 2A friendly state to move to?

That’s a great question. As we saw here with Murphy, they hold these round table meetings but never include the counter parties. They stick only with like-minded yes-men/women. 

That’s pretty much how tyranny is defined. 

And then of course, after they pass all these infringing legislative measures, it takes years to fight in court. Along with burden of costs. 

I’ll keep saying this, it is all on SCOTUS to take these cases and act. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I agree. Over the past 10 years that i have had awareness on this, there have always been anti-gun bills presented by the reps in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.  These bills were a little less advertised by the media back then.  Do they think their bills have more ability to "stick" now?  Probably.  The political divisions appear deeper now, but that, of course, is no reason to stop the fight but actually step up with calls, emails, and donations to 2A groups.  It is my hope that this bill gets stopped in committee and doesn't even make it to the floor.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chic013 said:

I’ll keep saying this, it is all on SCOTUS to take these cases and act. 

It's a nice belief thinking that SCOTUS will reverse these laws, but in reality, it's an extreme long shot. The SCOTUS hears/argues only 1% of cases presented to them. They get thrown 7000 - 8000 cases a year, but only argue 70 - 80. To think that they'll take on these 2A cases, when there is currently only a +1 conservative lean, isn't realistic.

Thinking the SCOTUS is going to save us is a fairy tale, this is why I believe the 2A community needs to take these matters in their own hands and fight fire with fire. These ridiculous bills will continue to be introduced, as the Dem lawmakers have no blow back. They'll just keep throwing crap on the wall, hoping one will finally stick.

• Like 1

Welcome to New Jersey.... a summary of the current bills in the Pennsylvania General Assembly:

Pennsylvania House of Representatives bills
HB159- Require universal background checks
HB162- One handgun purchase per month
HB165- Self-exclusion for firearms purchases
HB202- Establishing a Pennsylvania Gun Buyback Program
HB204- Restricting the sale of toy or imitation firearms
HB251- Allows firearms transfer during PICS downtime
HB307- Assault Weapons Ban
HB326- “No Fly, No Buy”
HB336- Weapons ban at State Capitol
HB344- Restricting firearms rentals at shooting ranges
HB377- Ban sale of police confiscated firearms
HB378- Makes prohibited person for Involuntary Outpatient Treatment (IOT)
HB456- Eliminates LTCF fees
HB459- Speeds up prohibited person reporting to PICS
HB467- Provides for universal firearms owner licensing and training requirements
HB480- Specifies disposition of firearms of minors seized by police
HB532- Safe storage requirements when living with prohibited person
HB603- Allow waiver of LTCF fees for veterans
HB618- Exclude safe and gun lock purchases from sales tax
HB673- Require universal background checks
HB699- Ban 3-D printing of guns
HB700- Adds offense for undetectable guns
HB724- NRA training prior to LTCF
HB738- ID required for Ammo purchase
HB768- Firearms Registration

Pennsylvania State Senate bills
SB88- Require universal background checks
SB90- Extreme Risk Protection Order
SB98- Removes restrictions on carrying firearms during a declared emergency
SB103- Exclude safe, gun lock, etc. purchases from sales tax
SB137- Safe storage requirements when living with prohibited person
SB138- Safe storage requirements for firearms not in use
SB195- Training requirements for LTCF
SB197- Criminal liability of gun seller for gun used in crime
SB198- Adds offenses for prohibited persons
SB290- Gun registration
SB292- Assault weapon and magazine ban
SB293- Extreme Risk Protection Orders
SB344- Provides for universal firearms owner licensing and training requirements
SB388- Divestiture of assault weapons manufacturers from State pension assets
SB394- Imposes felony for false statements during firearms transfer

Hopefully, they die in Committee......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It's a nice belief thinking that SCOTUS will reverse these laws, but in reality, it's an extreme long shot. The SCOTUS hears/argues only 1% of cases presented to them. They get thrown 7000 - 8000 cases a year, but only argue 70 - 80. To think that they'll take on these 2A cases, when there is currently only a +1 conservative lean, isn't realistic.

Thinking the SCOTUS is going to save us is a fairy tale, this is why I believe the 2A community needs to take these matters in their own hands and fight fire with fire. These ridiculous bills will continue to be introduced, as the Dem lawmakers have no blow back. They'll just keep throwing crap on the wall, hoping one will finally stick.

I certainly can’t argue with you. I know it’s a long shot but I have to believe all this heightened rhetoric is surely being noticed by SCOTUS. Especially the recent threats of declaring a national emergency on firearms as democracts have been spewing in retaliation to the president. 

I also believe Justice Kavanaugh to be a professional, upstanding justice, but it could be a nice twist to “send notice” to Booker and NJ should they grant cert in the Rogers case. 

Other states are slowly but surely taking positive legislative steps as well. Think we’re at 16 states now with constitutional carry with more to go. Still a long ways there as well but I’ll take any positives as good towards justice for the 2A. 

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Not to worry. The LAST place I would move is next to you and your Liberal buddies in Bucks County.

Yeah it’s sucks here. Me and my liberal buddies have like 50,000 LTCF’s. That’s almost 50 times the active permits in the entire state which you reside. We also have a county sponsored/run gun range. We have nice people here and wouldn’t want to change that by having old crotchety jerks move in. So on behalf of me and my Liberal Bucks County friends, we say thank you!!

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

35 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Yeah it’s sucks here. Me and my liberal buddies have like 50,000 LTCF’s. That’s almost 50 times the active permits in the entire state which you reside. We also have a county sponsored/run gun range. We have nice people here and wouldn’t want to change that by having old crotchety jerks move in. So on behalf of me and my Liberal Bucks County friends, we say thank you!!

According to John Lott's "Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the
United States: 2018" report , Pennsylvania has 1.3 million license to carry permit holders (Texas also has 1.3 million).  Florida is number #1 with 1.9 million.  That's a lot of people to mobilize to march in Harrisburg and galvanize opposition to gun control bills the left introduces.  That figure does not include the hunters.  I'm envious of that kind of potential political clout.

Here's the problem.  I introduced this topic of this bill last Tuesday.  I also carried the proposed bill on my phone all day.  I have a construction company at work from PA as are 99% of their workers.  There are considerable PA people on this site also.  Just like NJ Fudds, NOT ONE of them cared.  They all gave the answers you got. "never happen here"  "They've tried this befrore" "No f--king way will it happen in PA".   Bullshit!  Wakeup!  It's that very apathy that brings what we have now.  That lack of vigilance is how these blue assholes walk all over us.  Don't get caught sleeping at the switch.  There's a walk on Harrisburg.  Go for a walk.  It can happen in PA.  It can happen anywhere.  If you're from PA then do it for the respect of your home state.  If you're a Jersey transplant then just look over your shoulder.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobA said:

Here's the problem.  I introduced this topic of this bill last Tuesday.  I also carried the proposed bill on my phone all day.  I have a construction company at work from PA as are 99% of their workers.  There are considerable PA people on this site also.  Just like NJ Fudds, NOT ONE of them cared.  They all gave the answers you got. "never happen here"  "They've tried this befrore" "No f--king way will it happen in PA".   Bullshit!  Wakeup!  It's that very apathy that brings what we have now.  That lack of vigilance is how these blue assholes walk all over us.  Don't get caught sleeping at the switch.  There's a walk on Harrisburg.  Go for a walk.  It can happen in PA.  It can happen anywhere.  If you're from PA then do it for the respect of your home state.  If you're a Jersey transplant then just look over your shoulder.   

Believe me, people here DO care... but when the Republicans control both houses of state government, it is NOT going to happen.

Beyond that, if something more serious was going to happen, the "Kentucky" part of "Pennsyltucky" would be the firs to march.

Vastly different from a state like New Jersey where gun owners are a vast minority.

It would be like Democrats revolting and thinking every conservative is from Texas is coming to NJ because MPC introduced his concealed carry bill again.

People regularly shoot outside and no one calls the cops... here close to Jersey.  It is very very very very different environment and not even my liberal neighbors bat an eye when our other neighbor shoots in his backyard. 

Realistically, Florida and other states are more likely to have gun issues than PA.  

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Believe me, people here DO care... but when the Republicans control both houses of state government, it is NOT going to happen.

What if the Dems are playing a game? Shoot high, with a whole list of crazy requirements, then go back and negotiate it down to only a couple of them? Very common tactic, ask for a lot more than you're willing to settle for, then negotiate down to what you really want.

Then, both parties will say they got something out of the deal.

15 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What if the Dems are playing a game? Shoot high, with a whole list of crazy requirements, then go back and negotiate it down to only a couple of them? Very common tactic, ask for a lot more than you're willing to settle for, then negotiate down to what you really want.

Then, both parties will say they got something out of the deal.

Yeah. LOST LIBERTIES. Dems lose them too, but really don't care enough to want to use those liberties. But they don't want US to have them if they're not going to use theirs. It's like a spoiled 12-year old. 

THAT'S THE IMAGE !!!!!!!

AOC in jr high! The girl everyone loved to hate!! ;)

20 hours ago, Sniper said:

Time to scratch PA off the list as a relocation state.

It was never on my list in the first place...   It was never going to remain a free state forever...   It was just a matter of time. 

20 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

The "Plague" is spreading..............omo.

Of course... All the liberal assholes wanting lower property taxes are moving to PA to escape lower taxes by moving to pa and voting for politicians that want more taxes..   Sale for large portions of the US with major population growth from people leaving liberal states.

10 hours ago, Maksim said:

Beyond that, if something more serious was going to happen, the "Kentucky" part of "Pennsyltucky" would be the firs to march.

Vastly different from a state like New Jersey where gun owners are a vast minority.

It would be like Democrats revolting and thinking every conservative is from Texas is coming to NJ because MPC introduced his concealed carry bill again.

People regularly shoot outside and no one calls the cops... here close to Jersey.  It is very very very very different environment and not even my liberal neighbors bat an eye when our other neighbor shoots in his backyard. 

Realistically, Florida and other states are more likely to have gun issues than PA.  

1966 all over again.

13 hours ago, Maksim said:

..for now and apathy is going to change that - while the gun culture in PA is vastly different than NJ etc. - gun owners shrugging it off in PA will be their downfall.

Frankly I hope enough gun owners leave Blue states for other red states - to increase the voting block there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, remixer said:

Of course... All the liberal assholes wanting lower property taxes are moving to PA to escape lower taxes by moving to pa and voting for politicians that want more taxes..   Sale for large portions of the US with major population growth from people leaving liberal states.

Like locusts, they destroy one place and move on to another and do the same.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

..for now and apathy is going to change that - while the gun culture in PA is vastly different than NJ etc. - gun owners shrugging it off in PA will be their downfall.

Frankly I hope enough gun owners leave Blue states for other red states - to increase the voting block there.

The lefties realize the way to win is to target certain seats in the state houses... Just look whats happened over the last few years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, remixer said:

It was never on my list in the first place...   It was never going to remain a free state forever...   It was just a matter of time. 

They pick an area that is beautiful for their standards and affordable without knowledge or caring about how it got that way or what it takes to stay that way.  Then they demand changes that destroy the place and leave it to another in search of the same dreams and ruin the new place too.  They don't assimilate.  They're spoiled and want things to bend only their way.  When Toll Brothers or Hovainian build one of these sprawling multi-acre cookie cutter McMansion developments the locus moving in gain voter bases.  They then eventually get some of their own in elected positions and then it's all down hill from there.      They mostly spread and vote from the metropolis areas.  These are the votes that ruin it for the rest of the state.  Happening everywhere, New York State is the most recent wanting to peel off Manhattan. The city's choices for laws aren't cutting it for upstate people.  PA has a quad whammy they need to monitor.  Blue sprawl from Philly, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Jersey. It's a four front battle brewing and if history shows true, it's coming.  Look at the Demo-crap coming out of Texas and other states that we thought it would never happen in.  The fighters can't get complacent. The fighters must stay vigilant.     

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

The question is, who are the fighters?

At the very least gun owners and republicans. Word of mouth, make the topic as often as possible. Support all gun friendly candidates as possible through donations stickers and signage or both. If you’re the type to vulenteer do so. And I’m sure there’s a hundred other things I’m not thinking of. These are the types of things the opposition does. 

On 3/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, Sniper said:

Not to worry. The LAST place I would move is next to you and your Liberal buddies in Bucks County.

More sane people from NJ -should- move there if the plan is to stay in this general area because of work, family etc.  That might help fix what’s broken there at the moment.  The R that won that CD is a loon.  Makes someone like Joe Manchin look like Ronald Reagan.  I believe the Sierra club endorsed the guy.  

But my point is that its still far better than Jersey.  Better to infiltrate and take over the area than avoid it.  

On the bill, it’s utterly ridiculous.  I don’t see how it would pass in PA or how it would withstand a scotus challenge. Its intent is to disarm people.