kenw

What does everyone do for a living?

The post about volume here during the day got me thinking. What kind of work does everyone here do?

I know we have a chiropractor, and our intrepid leader is in some sort of finance, and there's someone in automotive service or sales, but what about the rest?

I formally owned a commercial photography studio in Randolph, but it fell victim to the digital revolution. Now I'm the Corporate Communications Manager for a small widget company in Sparta. I do product photography, design websites and print materials, manage product packaging, and more uninteresting and sundry chores. I also have a small equine photography business, and a few freelance commercial clients who I do work for occasionally.

What about the rest of you?

Ken

hehe, our intrepid fearless leader. nice...

My one liner, I work with my clients to help simplify their financial lives by providing ongoing comprehensive financial planning and asset management.

More specifically, I am a financial advisor with working with business owners and their families. I take a financial planning approach to protection planning and retirement planning, things like all of the insurance reviews (life, disability, long term care,) tax planning, asset management. Lately, I am gravitating more towards providing the benefits for the employer and employees, ie group life, health etc, as well as doing workplace seminars to keep the employees happier.

I started out back 5 years ago with Ameriprise financial, was recruited over to UBS apx 2 years ago, and was recently laid off after UBS decided to take the firm to only work with the ultra high networth, 2m min. Currently in the final decision stage to transition to MassMutual financial group, or possibly down the shore to a MetLife agency, to continue what I do and work with newer advisors and training them.

I usually leave the pc on here while on the phone or what not, and then when I get home around 8pm if no gym, go to work on here.

West Orange, you need your guns.

thats the good one. East orange is the bad one. =P

the plus to living in Central jersey.... there really is no street divide between good area and bad area. We have some parts of Trenton, and camden. the rest is survivable.

I used to live in Elizabeth when we moved over from the motherland back in 91. Talk about a change. ;)

My parents were afraid for my life when I went to highschool there, teachers thrown from the 2nd floor, cops on horses stabbed, fights daily.

then we just moved here. I remember at first i felt exit 8 on the turnpike was like a different state, and yes, called it south jersey. :lol:

Owner / Operator of 4 Car Washes in Monmouth and Middlesex Counties.

Chad, you are getting a bill for this ad. :lol::lol: the second picture looks like a car wash in Hackensak that i used.

HAHA you caught that little plug I did huh?? Can't beat free advertising! :mrgreen: lol The second pic is the Marlboro Location in Monmouth County.

Owner / Operator of 4 Car Washes in Monmouth and Middlesex Counties.

Chad, you are getting a bill for this ad. :lol::lol: the second picture looks like a car wash in Hackensak that i used.

HAHA you caught that little plug I did huh?? Can't beat free advertising! :mrgreen: lol The second pic is the Marlboro Location in Monmouth County.

2nd pic looks like the Freehold location. Says 33E on the sign.

Me - helicopter pilot

Actually all the locations are called 33 East (except one)... I like confusing people.

Originally I had just Freehold and Old Bridge (33 East and C. Bentley's). The marlboro location was owned by someone else and was a dump. Many customers were coming to the Freehold location that lived in Marlboro. The Marlboro location went up for sale and I bought it. I named it the same as the freehold location so the marlboro residents would recognize that it was the same operation as where they were used to going. Also, I didn't want a new guy coming in their and buying the marlboro location and making a nice place that would take alot of customers away from Freehold. Bla Bla Bla, I'm sure none of you give a hoot about this! lol

ANYWAY....now there is 33 East of Freehold, 33 East of Marlboro, 33 East of Ocean, and C. Bentley's

Confused??? Me too! :lol:

Formerly was enlisted. When I was ETSing, I had to make the choice to either continue the work I did for the Army/NSA-CSS, except for one of the major defense contractors, or better myself in a way (and take a break) by finishing college. Figured a diploma is worth more in the long run.

So, I'd consider myself more/less unemployed and a full-time student, but I do help as a tutor for a tutor center my family runs.

C. Bentley's

Confused??? Me too! :lol:

That's the better one of the bunch, and I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that it's 5 min from my house :roll:

lol...its okay to be partial as long as its not the competition you are partial to!!!! :lol: