Bklynracer

Supreme Court Takes First 2A Case in a Decade

On 7/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, EX Carnival man said:

Nj's mag ban and AR ban days are numbered. 

And yet here we are over a year later with the same mag bans and "evil feature" AR bans.

4 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Want to see my shocked face.... completely absurd how some States are FLAGRANTLY not complying.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ESB said:

Anyone know what the status of the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners v Superior case is? 

I haven’t been following.  Who requested consolidation?  My guess is the State so they can get a single case under one of the four judges they prefer.  

Both of these are relevant. Especially the first.

The Government’s Historic Failure to Limit Firearms - American Thinker

U.S. v. Miller is the most interesting ruling in Second Amendment history.  Miller was charged with owning a shotgun with a barrel shorter than eighteen inches and without paying the requisite tax on that firearm, a violation of the 1934 NFA.  Miller relied upon the 2nd Amendment, but the Court ruled that there was no history of short-barreled shotguns being used in military service, and that type of firearm therefore is not covered by the 2nd Amendment. The resulting test indicates that guns that are commonly used or at least suitable for use in military service are covered by the 2nd Amendment, whereas others are not.  In the common era of chants for bans, this decision protecting only weapons of war is rarely discussed.

Thinking Seriously About Gun Control: 10-Round Magazine Limits Are A Bad Idea - American Thinker

• Informative 1

12 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Standard capacity mags for the win.

I'm doing my part. I just ordered some 10 rounders for the DWXc that I'm buying. Murphy's law dictates that the law is reversed as soon as I get them.

• Haha 4
  • Crazy 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

I'm doing my part. I just ordered some 10 rounders for the DWXc that I'm buying. Murphy's law dictates that the law is reversed as soon as I get them.

0AifoZD.gif

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

I hope so. 

If I could only change one NJ Gun Law, it would be to deep six any and all magazine restrictions. That law, in my opinion, has the greatest effect on gun owners in our state.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

YES!!!!!!

I stopped watching Ozark cause the guy behind gun counter asked the guy if he wanted high cap mags.  fk that!!!!!!

standard capacity and if you want to call 50rd drums or 60rd surefire mags high then ok

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

true standard capacity mags, or we just go back to 15?

The old 15 round limit was modified to be 10. It is the statute that is being challenged, not the number of rounds. When the statute falls, there will be no limit.

• Like 1

US District Court in TRENTON

There is no way we win against NJ in a NJ courtroom. 

I'm confident that Magazine limits will need to go to the SCOTUS. But that's going to take years, if ever.

Here are the most recent magazine limit cases. Basically they both ruled against the citizens. This is what NJ is going to use to rule against us. So that will be 3 decisions saying they are constitutional. The problem is we need conflicting rulings and it's not happening.

https://thepublicsradio.org/criminal-justice/federal-appeals-court-rejects-challenge-to-rhode-islands-ban-on-high-capacity-magazines/

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/california-large-capacity-magazines-ban-likely-to-survive-lawsuit-9th-circuit-court/

And yes, even though many people don't or don't want to believe it, it is a concerted effort to strip citizens of their rights.

• Agree 1

the lower courts across the country are all colluding with each other against the citizens.    they are just buying time by doing this expecting a sweep in november.   if you have been following these AWB / magazine cases across the country you will see that we are losing at these levels and depending if they can hold out and win in november then forget about everything.   the US will turn into a country similar to Ireland / North Ireland.    There will be us and there will be them.   red states and blue states .   the division created by them will grow and look like Belfast in the 70's.    we will be fighting the crown again. 

23 minutes ago, revenger said:

the lower courts across the country are all colluding with each other against the citizens.    they are just buying time by doing this expecting a sweep in november.   if you have been following these AWB / magazine cases across the country you will see that we are losing at these levels and depending if they can hold out and win in november then forget about everything.   the US will turn into a country similar to Ireland / North Ireland.    There will be us and there will be them.   red states and blue states .   the division created by them will grow and look like Belfast in the 70's.    we will be fighting the crown again. 

first sentence is the most important. it's what's being done against trump also.

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

so we go to fed court after this?

Iirc this is federal court. It’s go back up to appellate court after the judgement unless we win and the state doesn’t contest it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Iirc this is federal court. It’s go back up to appellate court after the judgement unless we win and the state doesn’t contest it. 

after this, it would be appealed (by either party per anjrpc) and then go to the 3rd circuit and scotus from there.  Even if we win, Nj will appeal it just to cause delays,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Doesn’t it feel like we are fighting ourselves with our own money?

We donate to 2a causes to take cases to court, so we can have the courts use our tax money to fight us.

Got to keep the lawyers employed!

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

We donate to 2a causes to take cases to court, so we can have the courts use our tax money to fight us.

Once this works its way through the system, it will be clear that the state of NJ violated constitutional and civil rights.  It will be legally recognized.  Perhaps at that time, gun owners should band together and sue the sate for, what's that thing called again, being compensated for government douchebaggery, oh, that's right...REPARATIONS.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Once this works its way through the system, it will be clear that the state of NJ violated constitutional and civil rights.  It will be legally recognized.  Perhaps at that time, gun owners should band together and sue the sate for, what's that thing called again, being compensated for government douchebaggery, oh, that's right...REPARATIONS.

If you do that where do you think the money is going to come from for reparations?

Tac dollars.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, GRIZ said:

where do you think the money is going to come from

There will be plenty of money available after all the entitlement programs are audited.  Stop pick-pocketing American taxpayers to fund illegal aliens, student loan forgiveness, abortions, and research on the last three purple spotted tree frogs on earth, stop all that bull shit and there will be so much money, soooooo much money.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

There will be plenty of money available after all the entitlement programs are audited.  Stop pick-pocketing American taxpayers to fund illegal aliens, student loan forgiveness, abortions, and research on the last three purple spotted tree frogs on earth, stop all that bull shit and there will be so much money, soooooo much money.

I agree with what you say but...reparations would still be paid with tax dollars.

11 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I agree with what you say but...reparations would still be paid with tax dollars.

Not reparations, damages. And be fine with tax dollars paying it. Reach into the pockets of those who voted for these fuckers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Not reparations, damages. And be fine with tax dollars paying it. Reach into the pockets of those who voted for these fuckers. 

Agreed! Just consider it an additional income tax refund check and sleep well knowing it was mostly funded by democrats!:)