Babaganoosh

Range Box or Range Bag??

So I have been accumulating more stuff lately for when I go shooting and have been using my Burton snowboarding backpack to carry my stuff around for the most part. Has a few different compartments and works well, however I want to get a dedicated bag/box for shooting.

At this point I seem to be leaning towards a bag but both my cousin and friend both have range boxes and I like the sturdiness of the box.

This could go either way but I'd like to hear some suggestions from some of the more experienced guys out there. Thanks

I used to use a plastic Craftsman tool box for my range accessories. BUt then I switched to a messenger bag because it has a shoulder strap. In time i am going to run to Shore Shot or Brick Armory to grab a real range bag.

Personally (and this is just my opinion) its easier to carry the bag over one shoulder and the rifle in one hand and the other hand free. With the tool box, one hand carries the box, the other carries the rifle. As you can tell, im more about comfort and convenience :lol:

Pick up a Midway range bag. They have them on sale frequently and are inexpensive and durable with plenty of pockets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... =939259680

Ive had this bag about a year, sturdy zippers and alot of storage. Only drawback is the shoulder strap adjustment sux, with alot of weight in the bag the strap opens to the longest lenght. Otherwise happy with it.....

When I go to an indoor pistol range, I just have a gym bag with me. When I go to an outdoor range with rifle, I have the whole shop with me! Two tackle boxes at the bench and of course, a mat, rest, spotting scope, etc., and extra various targets and whatever in my truck. I like the boxes for cleaning equipment, tools and the like.

Range TRUNK!

I load up with trunk of the crown vic and take it down to Ft Dix! HA! I could go light and just buy targets there, but I bring the steel plate down, tools, extra rebar, my own targets, cans, guns, ammo, etc. When I go to an indoor I simply bring the gun cases and a cabelas ammo can.

I use a very large computer bag. Lots of compartments and space for 3 pistols, ammo, mags, ear muffs, tools, and water bottle, targets, and staple gun.

I forgot about the water bottle....

MidwayUSA bag +1

Had mine for over 2 years now, and it can hold an obnoxious amount of ammo/gear/spotting scope/crap/markers/tools/ear protection/eye protection/staple gun/2 padded pistols/10 magazines/water bottle and more crap :D

I use a very large computer bag. Lots of compartments and space for 3 pistols, ammo, mags, ear muffs, tools, and water bottle, targets, and staple gun.

I forgot about the water bottle....

MidwayUSA bag +1

Had mine for over 2 years now, and it can hold an obnoxious amount of ammo/gear/spotting scope/crap/markers/tools/ear protection/eye protection/staple gun/2 padded pistols/10 magazines/water bottle and more crap :D

I have the range igloo cooler for that.

I dumped the bag and went to tool box. Since I shoot so many different systems and disciplines, it was too crazy with stuff everywhere in the bag. Box is working MUCH better for me. Box for all the tools etc etc, ammo box for ammo, bag for all soft equipment(holsters, chest rigs etc etc).

I use one of these Stanley rolling tool chests. Pretty much holds everything I need. I think it was about 30 bucks at WalMart.

STB_018800R.jpg

There's a nicer one that I'm thinking of for this year. I may treat myself.

020800R_mid_res.jpg

That fat max one is big as hell. We have one at work.

Yeah, I usually go to the range with Lynn, so there's a bunch of handguns, eyes and ears for 2+ an extra set, a couple of towels, targets, staplers and staples, extra hats, cleaning supplies, miscellaneous tools, a small first aid kit, sunscreen, bug spray, and some other crap.

I don't travel light.

I use one of these Stanley rolling tool chests. Pretty much holds everything I need. I think it was about 30 bucks at WalMart.

STB_018800R.jpg

There's a nicer one that I'm thinking of for this year. I may treat myself.

020800R_mid_res.jpg

I like that Idea, my range bag is getting a little bit heavy lately, last time I weighed it It was just over 40lbs

Harry