jcerillo70

defamation of character by local Police...

^^ What Babaganoosh said.

Also it's really easy to record audio on modern smartphones. I have an app on mine all set up to record quickly if I want. I use it as a voice memo reminder generally but can be used to record something like this if needed.

The fact that she stayed for two hours talking to the guy speaks volumes about here and how she feels about you. Buh bye....lol

I would have filed a complaint already, wouldn't have put it on the forum, wouldn't have put myself in the position.

The fact that she stayed for two hours talking to the guy speaks volumes about here and how she feels about you. Buh bye....lol

I would have filed a complaint already, wouldn't have put it on the forum, wouldn't have put myself in the position.

as others have stated.. I would have never opened up the path of conversation to begin with.. that way there would have been no problem to solve..

Why? You weren't being pulled over right? He prob just came to stuff himself with some more donuts and you acted submissive to him for no reason.Totally agree!! OP= WIMP!! He's a bully and bullies key right into that type of behavior and pounce all over it.LEO = little dicked bully!! I have said it before 100 times and I'll say it again 100 times.... DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE. You might be friendly, but you are not their friend. Especially when they are on duty. There is almost never anything that can be gained from talking to the police. By the way the chick is a slut.

Chick= SLUT and takes it in the keister!!

• Like 1

Guy's like this cop are bullies. The good thing about bullies is they are predictable and easily set up. If this scenario were to happen again and you were prepared, this guy could be out of a job, if you know what I mean. It's not like he does his job anyway.

He prob just came to stuff himself with some more donuts and you acted submissive to him for no reason.

We were the only 2 cars in the parking lot and he pulled right next to us, and started walking over to the car. Thats when i did what i did. Just trying to be nice. But as i learned, you cant be nice to anyone anymore i guess

It probably doesn't meet the requirements of defamation. You have to prove some harm came from it and I don't think, "I didn't get laid that night" is going to fly in court! lol

I would definitely file a complaint with the local department. Was he in his cruiser? Most patrol cars have dash cams and audio that cannot be turned off. If you really want to bust balls get in touch with the NJ Attorney General. There may be harassment/civil rights violations depending on what exactly transpired. Bottom line, the guy will learn his lesson not to fugg with people by abusing his authority. I highly doubt anyone in that town will F with you because it will be a known issue, you can just record all future stops. I believe you have that right in NJ, only 1 party has to be aware and typically there is no expectation of privacy in public.

• Like 1

OP,

Interesting. You did well to keep your cool. I've always believed revenge is a dish best served cold and that philosophy has served me well over the years.

Thanks Brother! I never had anyone do me wrong that something bad hasn't happened back to them. I know someones watching over me always up there

My concern here isnt that you (OP) got sand kicked in your face. You're a big boy and will get over it, but that the cop sat in the parking lot for two hrs (unless an exageration?) instead of patrolling his turf rounding up BG's.

Why? You weren't being pulled over right? He prob just came to stuff himself with some more donuts and you acted submissive to him for no reason. He's a bully and bullies key right into that type of behavior and pounce all over it. I have said it before 100 times and I'll say it again 100 times.... DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE. You might be friendly, but you are not their friend. Especially when they are on duty. There is almost never anything that can be gained from talking to the police. By the way the chick is a slut.

Well then i guess i know who wont be saying hello to me at the next match.

Well then i guess i know who wont be saying hello to me at the next match.

Ya know I was gonna put a disclaimer in there but forgot to. I think there is a big difference between the officers who are seasoned vets and the guys who are newer to the force.Those are the jacked up morons with attitudes. Obviously there are idiots in every group and we all know you are not one of them. So yes I will say hello to you. If you want I'll even give you a hug.

Ya know I was gonna put a disclaimer in there but forgot to. I think there is a big difference between the officers who are seasoned vets and the guys who are newer to the force.Those are the jacked up morons with attitudes. Obviously there are idiots in every group and we all know you are not one of them. So yes I will say hello to you. If you want I'll even give you a hug.

I personally think the problem is, alot of "gun owners", and I use that term loosely, paint all Law Enforcement as "arrogant, know it all pricks", which in my experience could not be further from the truth. I think that preconception of law enforcement is like saying every gun owner is a neo-nazi hill billy with a few missing teeth, driving an old pickup. Obviously there are a few LEO who do fit that description, much like gun owners, however the vast majority I have met are decent folks.

Trust me, life is alot easier not thinking that every cop is out to get you and make your life a living hell.

• Like 3

I personally think the problem is, alot of "gun owners", and I use that term loosely, paint all Law Enforcement as "arrogant, know it all pricks", which in my experience could not be further from the truth. I think that preconception of law enforcement is like saying every gun owner is a neo-nazi hill billy with a few missing teeth, driving an old pickup. Obviously there are a few LEO who do fit that description, much like gun owners, however the vast majority I have met are decent folks.

Trust me, life is alot easier not thinking that every cop is out to get you and make your life a living hell.

I agree with you as well. I sold a lot of Cars to LEO's. And they were ( Except 2 i can remember) some of the most appreciative customers i could ask for. Plus you go that extra mile for a PBA card.

I have dealt with LEO's a few times (all traffic stops) and the majority of the time I find them to be professional the worst offender was a NYPD cop who was a complete asshat. But I always treat them with respect and not an attitude. I think there are many times where the individual starts off with a "us vs them mentality" and are defensive with cops and this sets the tone for the stop. Most of these guys are not out to get you sure there are a few. But do you taint all you interactions with LEO's because of a minority?

A little trust and respect go along way.