reloaderguy

Ed Brown Is Rude At Shot Show 2012

Well some of you guys might write it off as whining, but I think he's being honest about his experience.

Arrogance doesn't go a long way with me. Most of us on this forum really praise any company that

supports its customer base and gives great customer support. So how come all the sudden this

doesn't apply to higher end makers like Ed Brown? Unless you think this gun in the video is outright

lying, I think it should be considered.

The other point is I feel lots of "old school" people really are NOTgrasping the fact that social

media is in fact an extremely powerful tool . Why do you think companies like Nike,

Honda, Walmart, Target, etc. have facebook pages? It's one of their most powerful marketing tools.

Glock, Ruger, other big gun makers have youtube channels as well. If you write off social media/internet

I think it's foolish for your business.

Yes, I get it, he's sold out and OK he might remain sold out. But to just write off and dismiss an entire

community that only continues to grow is stupid in my honest opinion. If anything it's just the wrong vibe

to be giving off. Personally this story would steer me away from his products.

Ok, now that I watched the entire clip. Screw this guy, not Ed Brown mind you. This guy is a whiney little ****. Ed Brown didn't want to do an interview with you. Get over it. You said so yourself that you pushed and pushed and pushed to get one. Annoy people much? NO means no. You demand an apology? Who they hell are you? A real man might apologize but a real man also knows when to take no for an answer. That must have been really awkward.

Edit. If he was really so upset then sell the guns. None of the "I won't buy another gun from him" Sell them if you were so hurt.

I would be a little hostile if some one interupted me while I was obviously talking to someone else and called me over like a dog like he did on camera. I am sure there was a lot of attitude given by the interviewer because he has a case of "Entitlement" and an overzealous sense of self worth.

Maybe Ed just doesn't like to be filmed!!!!! I do not blame him and there are a lot of people that do not like to be videod at all. Not everyone is comfortable at staring at the camera, even if it to show off their products.

In that short clip of Ed you see a stranger walk up and talk quick and get a nice shot with the man. I do not think an AH would take the time to do that.

The truth is that Ed does not need to really advertise. He gets free publicity with the articles written and by word of mouth. The internet is a powerful tool in getting info out but it is not the "Holy Grail", especially not in the firearms community as a whole.

I can believe Ed Brown is rude, but this guy in the video is a giant whinny douche. What a tool. Really, he wants the video to promote Ed Brown? REALLY? What an douche, he wants the interview so he can promote his website as having that interview not to benefit Ed Brown. And if I was talking to someone at a convention and someone did the come here motion as if I'm a little boy I'd be annoyed too.

I'm all for good customer relationship and support, but honestly this video isn't the right way to address that and also this video isn't going to do jack sh*t to Ed Brown's business. Most people watching this video will be more annoyed at the guy in the video than Ed Brown.

For real guys, this is 100% believeable as i had almsot the same treatment, and I did not even ask for an interview.

Came over there with my internet/media badge, started asking a few questions. The whole attitude was what we joke about HK, we're better than you and we know it. When I asked to see one of the firearms, was given a half dirty look, with "wtf do you want" stamped on the forehead. I wanted to look at another handgun, but felt like I was a burden to them.

CZ, Sig, EAA, Hk (yes, Hk!), Steyer, Glock, all went out of their way to make sure every question was answered, and introduced me to someone else if they were not sure.

Not even Arthur Cier, at Shot Show 2011 was that standoffish.

For Babganoosh, I would agree with you, however, this is not some random meeting, this is not even a PA gun show.... this is Shot Show. Where he paid over 25k for a booth for 4 days, to exhibit his goods, and to communicate with likely buyers, and people of the press.

if I asked him for an interview, and he said no the first time, I would leave. the guy in the video, was not just media.... he is a fawkin customer! He bought 2 new guns of his, spent at least $6k on two of his guns, and gets the cold shoulder. That is what he thinks of his customers.

On the flip side, as an example... Jon, Eric and I went to the Knights Armament booth, and I mentioned that Eric is a customer of theirs, they went out of the way to thank him for it. And their stuff, can be just as premium a product.

how about a company whom you tell up front, you hate their products. With Glock, I mentioned both at Media Day and at the show, that I did not like their products, both the reps went even further to talk and listen to me and my concerns. Now imagine you went up to Ed Brown, told him you thought his products were overpriced, versus say Les Baer, Dan Wesson, Wilson Combat, what do you suppose his response would of been?

For the setting and the circumstance, I don't care if you are in the mood or not, you are to drop everything and do it, even to spend a few mins answering questions, instead of chatting with their friends behind the counter.

• Like 3

I can believe Ed Brown is rude, but this guy in the video is a giant whinny douche. What a tool. Really, he wants the video to promote Ed Brown? REALLY? What an douche, he wants the interview so he can promote his website as having that interview not to benefit Ed Brown. And if I was talking to someone at a convention and someone did the come here motion as if I'm a little boy I'd be annoyed too. I'm all for good customer relationship and support, but honestly this video isn't the right way to address that and also this video isn't going to do jack sh*t to Ed Brown's business. Most people watching this video will be more annoyed at the guy in the video than Ed Brown.

You would be quite wrong. Read my response.

I would venture to guess more people watch this video, than read a review in some gun rag that is once and done.

Btw.... This video is already making the rounds on google through ar15.com, gunbroker.com message boards and I am sure others as well.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMs8b7U2tsI%26feature=related&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest#q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBMs8b7U2tsI%26feature%3Drelated&hl=en&client=opera&hs=zSa&rls=en&channel=suggest&prmd=imvns&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=425caf698c102cde&biw=1440&bih=788

You don't f with the internet.

Google has the ability to ruin any business, and unfortunately for Mr. Brown, once it starts going, it goes. What folks don't realize, at Shot Show, there were 1,200 media passes just for Media Day the day before the show, and a crap load more at the show. International media, bloggers, youtube, big publications.

Look at Hicock45, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5AyXzxb4o, this video got close to 1 million views. What is the average circulation of says Guns & Ammo? 470,446 issues.

Are you telling me that old school gunsmiths who are obviously a bit OCD and have spent their life in a machine shop waving away their wife's call for dinner because this metal cut is not perfect and it needs work may not be the best at customer relations? I am shocked, shocked, to find gambling going on in this establishment!

I'm not saying that it isn't stupid to put him in the booth, I'll bet most of the other boots had people payed to be NICE instead the head mechanic. I'm just puzzled when people are still surprised that water is wet.

• Like 1

I went down to a astin-martin dealer with a camera the other day and could you believe that the manager wouldn't let me interview him? What an asshole! That is bad for business, I am going to tell everyone on the internet and they will just have to deal with the drop of sales in the future because of it! Waaaahh!!!!

This entitlement that customers in the US feel that they have (or have to have) just because they bought a product from someone is scary sometimes. Is it a good product? Will they fix it or take a return if I find it not to be? Those are the only two factors I have when buying something. I don't need a hug and/or a reach around when buying anything.

The only thing this video did was made me make darn sure not to watch anymore from this guy.

I went down to a astin-martin dealer with a camera the other day and could you believe that the manager wouldn't let me interview him? What an asshole! That is bad for business, I am going to tell everyone on the internet and they will just have to deal with the drop of sales in the future because of it! Waaaahh!!!!

This entitlement that customers in the US feel that they have (or have to have) just because they bought a product from someone is scary sometimes. Is it a good product? Will they fix it or take a return if I find it not to be? Those are the only two factors I have when buying something. I don't need a hug and/or a reach around when buying anything.

Apples to oranges. The whinterviewer didn't go to Ed Brown's establishment, he went to the Shot Show -- a place companies pay good money for rental space to promote their business and products. Ed Brown being the face of his business should have left his arrogance at home instead of treating many people with an attitude that may hurt his business. It defeats the purpose of him being there.

Something to think about is that the media isn't like it used to be. You used to have to be able to string sentences together, use proper grammar, entertain and keep peoples attention. It used to be tough to become a bonafide journalist. Now just about any chucklehead with a website or a youtube channel can get a press pass. If you aren't used to this "new" kind of press I could see how it would be irritating. Especially for the old guys like ed brown. I doubt for one second that he realizes how big and how influential the internet has become. I'm also not saying that having people like hickok45 or nutnfancy or even this guy considered press is bad because times have changed but I can see where it would annoy an old timer.

The video might be circulating but I doubt its going to impact sales at all. I do agree with maksim that if you take a booth you SHOULD plaster a smile on your face and play nice with everyone. If you aren't going to do that there is no sense in being there. Ed Brown probably shouldn't be there either. However you know what they say, there us no such thing as bad publicity.