alec.mc

Father arrested for daughter drawing a picture of a gun

It is incidents like this that make me happy to no longer be a Canadian. I take my oath to the U.S. seriously and in that oath I renounced my allegiance to my birth nation. I even sent the passport back. Sadly I ended up in NJ which is on its way to becoming like that. It is reasons like this that we need guns, when the Government oversteps its bounds and you have no legal recourse against them you are supposed to shoot them.

What's most amazing to me is the media is actually on the side of the father. You can only imagine how this would have been spun by the Star Ledger if it happened in NJ.

Despite what Einstein said, stupidity does have its limits.

I hope he at least sues the police department AND the school into bankruptcy.

Anselmo, I have to disagree with you, this story further proves to me that stupidity has no limits. Every time I think we've seen the most retarded thing someone comes along to push the bar.

I read it this morning on another forum - rediculous!!! arrested in front of the school, in front of his kid. if I recall the daughter said soemthing like "it's my daddy and he uses the gun to shoot bad guys and monsters" - really? special monster-killing silver hollowpoint bullets?

Sadly this kind of reaction to firearms isn't unusual in Canada:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20091203/lego_gun_091203/

A Toronto designer became a participant in a real-life Flashpoint-style event when police tactical officers showed up at his workplace over a firearms call that involved a Lego gun.

"I've had numerous people either say, 'Oh my God, I thought Flashpoint was just filming,' or, 'This is totally going to be a Flashpoint episode at some point'," Jeremy Bell told ctvtoronto.ca on Thursday. "Yeah, it's pretty surreal."

Flashpoint is a CTV drama, set in Toronto, about a police "strategic response unit."

Late Wednesday afternoon, Bell -- a partner with the digital design firm Teehan+Lax, located at 460 Richmond St. W. -- was assembling a replica handgun made out of Lego that had arrived.

"It arrived yesterday and at the end of the day, I decided to put it together. I literally assembled it, handed it to a co-worker (who promptly broke it) and then put it back in the box," Bell wrote in a posting on his personal blog.

"The SWAT arrived shortly thereafter."

Across the street, Michael Dent was working in his third-floor loft. He saw what he thought was someone assembling a firearm, so he took some photos and called the police.

"I don't really like guns right beside me -- and then it turned out to be Lego," Dent chuckled.

But he added, "My girlfriend is moving in with her daughter and stuff, and it looks right into our loft where we sleep, so no, not cool. ..."

What's most amazing to me is the media is actually on the side of the father. You can only imagine how this would have been spun by the Star Ledger if it happened in NJ.

It’s probably safe to say that goes for any Central or South Jersey papers as well. In my view (with the exception of us) the entire state is brainwashed into thinking LEGAL gun ownership is bad and is directly related to crime thanks to the phony azz NJ Politicians

if Obama, Bloomberg, lautenberg and the other anti's have their way, this IS what can happen in the USA.

This makes me a little ill.

Don’t forget Menendez, he has no loyalty to Law Abiding gun owners

It is incidents like this that make me happy to no longer be a Canadian. I take my oath to the U.S. seriously and in that oath I renounced my allegiance to my birth nation. I even sent the passport back. Sadly I ended up in NJ which is on its way to becoming like that. It is reasons like this that we need guns, when the Government oversteps its bounds and you have no legal recourse against them you are supposed to shoot them.

You had the whole United States to choose from, and you came to New Jersey.......:facepalm: Canadians.... lol

BTW, for the record, there are large swaths of Canada that are very gun and hunting friendly. Just like in the US there are some good states and some ridiculous states and cities.

No. Nothing like the US. And, there aren't "some good states" in the US. It's "almost all good states." A better comparison would be Canada vs. New Jersey. There are some good areas, and some ridiculous counties and cities. As far as one can provide distinction within the range of "horrible."