johnp

What state would you like to move to?

I was thinking if you could move to any state which would you choose? Assuming there was nothing to hold you back. What is you ideal state?

I just want to get some opinions because I want to move, but I can't decide on what state to move to.

If I ran my life, New Hampshire, just over the border from MA, or Maine. Reason: I like the cold and fresh water and outdoors stuff

Since I don't run my life, North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia. Reason: My wife and parents don't like the cold so this is my compromise to keep myself out of Florida (too humid) or Arizona (too hot).

Arizona, for sure. I'm not sure whether I'd go for the northern part of the state, such as Payson or Prescott, or head w-a-a-a-y south to Bisbee, which is around seven miles from the Mexican border, but one mile up in the mountains which gives it a bearable year-round climate.

But it's a no-brainer, given the political climate of this very red state, along with its laid-back folks and pro-2A sentiments.

I am not moving to any other state. I am forming my own Country.

Umm.......... :unsure:..............let me know how that works out for you.

If I ran my life, New Hampshire, just over the border from MA, or Maine. Reason: I like the cold and fresh water and outdoors stuff

Since I don't run my life, North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia. Reason: My wife and parents don't like the cold so this is my compromise to keep myself out of Florida (too humid) or Arizona (too hot).

Another one for NH. Its close enough to family, but you get a lot of personal freedom up there, However, I want to be in the central part of the state. NH lefties have taken over Southern NH. I wouldn't mind working there, but living? Hell no.

With that said, later this summer I am heading up there to look for some property. :D

I have to agree with NH. I try to spend all my free time there. I've already got my little piece of the state bought and paid for -- No house just land --- 51 acres -- $113 per year property taxes.

With a reasonable house it should go to mid $4,000s.

I much prefer the cold, dry, crisp air to the hot and humid.

If I ran my life, New Hampshire.

Another one for NH.

I have to agree with NH.

Why NH over VT? I believe Vermont is even more 2A friendly(possibly the best 2A state.)

For me i'd like to go back to Wyoming. I lived there until I was eleven, and loved the wide open views.

I've been thinking about moving to Jackson, WY since last summer. If the weather reports are correct, summers out there are much cooler. If last winter was average, they aren't much different than here - they don't get buried with snow lke you would expect. I plan to vacation out there ASAP in order to check things out a bit.

For you NH guys - I have family up there. They are 45~50 minutes north east of Keene. They get TONS of snow - so much that my sister and her hubby had to buy a truck and plow just to clear their own driveway. It was cheaper and more reliable than contracting with a local guy. Eventually my sister even had to learn how to drive the truck and operate the power angle plow - if it snowed during the day she had to clear the driveway so everyone else could get up the driveway and into the house at night!!

We're talking Up To The Tops Of The First Floor Windows Deep Snow gang!! I can't even imagine what that must be like....

Why NH over VT? I believe Vermont is even more 2A friendly(possibly the best 2A state.)

NH is adapting constitutional carry from what I recall, and there is a castle doctrine(from what I recall VT does not). While I am big on 2A, that isn't my sole point in moving. NH has a great representation for its elected officials. It tends to lean heavily Libertarian(VT is close too...). But the other force is, jobs. NH has far more industry especially in the southern part of the state. Engineering(my field) has many openings up in that area so it is a no brainier for me.

To be honest Maine, NH or VT would be a great choice since I grew up visiting VT many times when I was younger. However I have grown far more fond of NH(fewer hippies too:D).

That said, I fully know about the snow situation and I welcome it with open arms. Besides....anything is better than high humidity heat.

If I had to pick a state in the Northeast, it would be New Hampshire. Not only are their gun laws are among the best in the country, their conceal carry permit is easier to get then here in Kentucky. Also New Hampshire fireworks laws are very good unlike nearby Vermont. There seems to be a great freedom loving and independent spirit that runs throughout the state. I wouldn't mind the cold and snow and would prefer it to nonstop humid 95 degree temperatures of the deep South in the summer.

My wife is from Tennessee so I'm fairly familiar with the state thanks to years of road trips down there. East TN is especially beautiful - very green and hilly... the foothills of the Smokey Mountains.

Whenever I entertain the thought I feel like I'd miss the shore, but I never go now so it doesn't make much sense.

I'll be done with the cold when I retire and will split it up, plans to either find a home that I like in the Tamp area, actually the Clearwater Beach area and call that the main residence but also have the house in northern Scottsdale in AZ that I'll probably be real close to spending half the year at each.

Before becoming a gun owner , I would have said Northern Cali. I lived up there off and on for 2 years in the Ft Bragg area. Loved it.

I guess now , were I to pick , it would be either VA or one of the Carolinas. I can't be landlocked . Too much into ocean stuff like salt water fishing , surfing .

I also like PA..Montgomery County would be my choice. Nice spreads , low taxes, great school districts.Close enough to Philly for work reasons , about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to the coast. I could deal.