Jfoster99

Free NRA Basic Pistol Course

I will be getting my NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Certification this week.

For my first class I was thinking about offering a small 2-4 person course for cost (or free) to a few people in December..

The presentation may be a little rough being my first class but I assure you all the material will be covered.

Class would likely be in my basement ( North Jersey) with a trip to ANJRPC or Bullet Hole for the Live Fire.

FYI - This class plus an existing CCW from say Florida or Virginia is all you need for the Connecticut CCW.

Thoughts, comments, interest?

Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

You might want to run your first class with experienced shooters.

That way if you accidentally miss something one of the "students" could bring it up to you so you can make changes for following classes.

Also you have a built in safety buffer as more experienced shooters are less likely to make dumb mistakes (muzzle sweep, finger on trigger)

than someone with no training who is taking this course as an intro to shooting/firearms.

Just a thought

That way if you accidentally miss something one of the "students" could bring it up to you so you can make changes for following classes.

Also you have a built in safety buffer as more experienced shooters are less likely to make dumb mistakes (muzzle sweep, finger on trigger)

than someone with no training who is taking this course as an intro to shooting/firearms.

Just a thought

I was actually thinking the same thing! +1

Just a thought

I actually had that in my first draft but pulled it ... I agree.. good idea.

I will update this post in early December when I have a date to offer.. Glad to see their is some interest...

very cool dude! sounds awesome, may i ask what classes did u need to take to gt certified

I took BIT (Basic Instructor) on Saturday and Basic Pistol today at Gun For Hire... What a great bunch of guys there.. Anthony is a blast to take a class with...

Once you take BIT the. You can add disciplines Basic Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PPOTH, ect

Basic Pistol enables you to teach First Steps 4hour and Basic Pistil 10 Hour classes to students.

My wife and I would be interested too. We're in Bergen County. I'm a moderately experienced shooter and she's a novice but holds her own at the range. We have spent time in safety and basic tactical training with a friend who's a trainer for a local county sheriff's dept. You wouldn't have to worry about us mucking up your class but it would definitely be mutually beneficial and we'd love to be officially NRA certified. Keep us posted.

Thanks!

MC