CageFighter

Saiga prices...WTF!

Last in line and all that jazz.

Are we supposed to protect the supid, too? I understand protecting the women folk, the chillens, the weak,...but not the stupid. Screw them, they are on their own.

Besides, if both parties walk away happy, than it doesn't really matter how much and what exchanged hands, does it?

Anyway, merry christmas to all.

Ray and blueline...I think we all can agree you both need to shoot out your aggression at the January 6th shoot. Maybe even do a shoot out between you two. Words are words, but shooting is better :-)

I think that is a great idea!

End the bickering back and forth. Whoever shoots better gets bragging rights.

Ray and blueline...I think we all can agree you both need to shoot out your aggression at the January 6th shoot. Maybe even do a shoot out between you two. Words are words, but shooting is better :-)

he said he wasn't going, and he would lose anywayz.

Maybe people will have bought so much that the demand will drop significantly. Low demand equals low prices equals more guns for me.

True, but I've noticed gun prices remain 'sticky' for awhile before this occurs. So let's say there is a glut of AKs and ARs out there, people bought high, and aren't super willing to sell too low. As long as the dealers are cleaned out, they can keep prices high. It won't be until new stock comes in significant quantities, that prices will go down.

For Example: you bought an AK type rifle for $1200.... No dealer has them, or if they do, they're priced high to keep them from flying off the shelves (remember, panics hurt dealers by draining stocks to maintain consistent sales). Eventually (assuming no legislation changes), stocks will return to normal levels. Dealers don't have to worry about keeping enough stock to keep their sales going and earn a living, so they drop their prices. This means your rifle also drops in value, because why would anyone buy something from you at $1200 if they can get it from an FFL for $800... or $600?

IMO, the people who will be hurt the most are the AR-15 buyers... ARs can return to stock a lot faster than AK types can be imported. So the price drop on ARs will be insane!

True, but I've noticed gun prices remain 'sticky' for awhile before this occurs. So let's say there is a glut of AKs and ARs out there, people bought high, and aren't super willing to sell too low. As long as the dealers are cleaned out, they can keep prices high. It won't be until new stock comes in significant quantities, that prices will go down.

For Example: you bought an AK type rifle for $1200.... No dealer has them, or if they do, they're priced high to keep them from flying off the shelves (remember, panics hurt dealers by draining stocks to maintain consistent sales). Eventually (assuming no legislation changes), stocks will return to normal levels. Dealers don't have to worry about keeping enough stock to keep their sales going and earn a living, so they drop their prices. This means your rifle also drops in value, because why would anyone buy something from you at $1200 if they can get it from an FFL for $800... or $600?

IMO, the people who will be hurt the most are the AR-15 buyers... ARs can return to stock a lot faster than AK types can be imported. So the price drop on ARs will be insane!

I agree.. I took a hit on the Saiga 12 in the exact way you described.. the government decided to do a "study" on the imported semi auto shotguns... and everyone got all concerned about the S12 so prices jumped up.. and I bought in because it was something I HAD to have... the government did not ban them at the time and down they came.. but it took a while.. and the price didn't really drop right away.. I guess it was partially due to what you are saying about them having to be imported..

I agree.. I took a hit on the Saiga 12 in the exact way you described.. the government decided to do a "study" on the imported semi auto shotguns... and everyone got all concerned about the S12 so prices jumped up.. and I bought in because it was something I HAD to have... the government did not ban them at the time and down they came.. but it took a while.. and the price didn't really drop right away.. I guess it was partially due to what you are saying about them having to be imported..

Yeah. Hence why AKs make such awesome stores of value. Just buy them low, wait for panic, sell high, because politicians/media alike love to target them. However, I feel we'll never see sub-$450 WASR-10s anymore.

i havent seen those prices recently, even BEFORE the incident.

They were near that price point about 2 years ago. Inflation and demand has since driven up prices. The problem now is: higher-end AK clones are costing a lot more, pulling the prices of lower-end models up. Why spend $900-1000 on an Arsenal when a WASR-10 is just as good?

Gives the manufacturers a reason to bump prices 10% when the frenzy drops off. I bet every rifle you see from here on in when demand drops will be 50-100 more expensive then when this started.

Depends, if the market gets flooded with AR's then prices HAVE to drop, people will be selling off their rifles in a frenzy as the prices go down. Manufactures will be hit hard if you can buy a barely used rifle for half the price. Tons of people bought AR's that don't want or use them just because.... If manufactures don't meet the market price when it's low they take a hit because people can find them cheaper..

Also, it's important to note: AR-15s are terrible holds of value. A new one, aside from the odd gun panic, will rarely go up in value. A new AK, aside from gun panics, will usually go up in value due to its relative scarcity.

In NJ, AKs benefit from this even more, because few dealers stock them in an NJ legal configuration.

I am actually surprised the AK variants did not go up as fast as AR's. Granted, you do not hear AK in the media.

The tough part is....for all the people saying prices will come down.... what if the ban is shoved through like Obamacare was? or better yet, a NJ law.... those that cannot get any will pay twice what they sold it for just to get it back.

Granted, the probability of an actual ban is quite low.... but to some people, it is a price they are willing to pay for insurance.

If the ban does not come.... yeah, the prices will absolutely plummet back down to normal levels, and then again below recent levels as you can certainly say.... the next 2 years of rifle supply has been bought up over the past few months. Anyone who was thinking about buying an AR..... already bought one.

Uhh, why are so many people here against supply and demand?

This isn't price gouging, it's capitalism. If someone is willing to purchase the item at the asking price, the market is working. If there is no one willing to pay the price, the seller reconsiders.

+1

Haha ray ray. Not that bad priced bejng brick armory and shore shot were selling other variants for 2500 a week ago and they sold. Gun broker un converted saigas are selling for that much to.