brocglock23

3rd term obama?

Do you understand how the US constitution gets amended? The process pretty much guarantees it will not happen. Article V of the user manual explains the process.

There are two ways of doing it:

1) 2/3ed of BOTH houses vote for it to be brought up

2) 2/3ed of the States vote for it to be brought up.

THEN

3/4th of the states have to ratify it.

Given the makeup of congress and state legislatures, please explain to me how you think this process will come to be.

Whether or not it will or can happen is, to me, somewhat irrelevant. This congress person NEEDS to be outed for even trying to overthrow the Constitution, which he has sworn to uphold. These people are repugnant to me.

C

ps. I think he'll try (obama), anyway. I really do.

I brought this up to acknowledge that it is be being discussed. I don't care about likelihood. Do I really think it will happen? Probably not. But the fact that someone is will to attempt it goes to show what kind of people we have representing this country. Also I'm sure there are things done by politicians where we said.... nah, never will happen and then all of the sudden we are like WTF, How'd they do that?

3rd term Obama==Hillary Clinton. Unless she kicks the bucket or is disabled, she will be the 2016 Liberal Leftist Democrat nominee. And she will win. So get used to having them in the white house until at least 2024

This right here.

3rd term Obama==Hillary Clinton. Unless she kicks the bucket or is disabled, she will be the 2016 Liberal Leftist Democrat nominee. And she will win. So get used to having them in the white house until at least 2024

As all great societies of the past, have all fallen, only time will tell, but how history repeats itself, It's only a matter of time.

All sorts of silly stuff gets put out there - this proposed repeal of presidential term limits isn't going to happen and will get nothing more than fringe support, if even that. Bloomberg did his thing in a city council overrun with corruption, and all that did was create a one-time additional slot for him to run. For the record, this one thing he did is what disqualifies him to hold public office, in my eyes. His wacko gun-control agenda besides, just adds political reasons to vote him out, which of course is not possible anymore.

An Article 5 is not going to happen.

Hillary Clinton is not only a democrat, but a supporter of the progressive movement. The same belief that Obama and the rest of his staff have. They have no belief in peoples rights. It's about money, power, and government control. Read about the progressive movement and you'll see how it is in full force today and why it is a cancer to society.

slightly OT but that reminds me of the Our Guy/Their Guy image floated around last year or so (click image to enlarge). Putin did it so if it were attempted here at some point I wouldn't be surprised. If someone told us 5 years ago the powers to be were looking to void 2A we would have said that isn't going to happen either. The moral of the story is never say never

Do you understand how the US constitution gets amended? The process pretty much guarantees it will not happen. Article V of the user manual explains the process.

There are two ways of doing it:

1) 2/3ed of BOTH houses vote for it to be brought up

2) 2/3ed of the States vote for it to be brought up.

THEN

3/4th of the states have to ratify it.

Given the makeup of congress and state legislatures, please explain to me how you think this process will come to be.

Oh, how cute. Somebody thinks our legislators and members of congress and our government actually follow the Constitution. Just like they follow the other articles and amendments right?

:p

While I sincerely doubt ANY of the states would go along with this idea (Maybe Illinois if those Cook county bastards assassinated everyone else prior), I can't deny that it's a possibility. I'm honestly surprised that they would put out a bill like that, though. This country is far too divided and polarized for them to gain any support on that idea, let alone the 2/3 support they need for it to even be brought up for discussion.

There was conspiratorial fear that in 2008, some major terrorist incident would have the bush administration exercising authorities within the patriot act to suspend elections. So this is not a new idea.

They don't need legislation or an amendment to suspend elections. They already have the patriot act.

so we would have our first sasquatch potus

Because comments like this really help when we try to convince the people in the middle that we are rational and right and we should be listened to.

but it is funny..lol

There was conspiratorial fear that in 2008, some major terrorist incident would have the bush administration exercising authorities within the patriot act to suspend elections. So this is not a new idea.

They don't need legislation or an amendment to suspend elections. They already have the patriot act.

Please quote the section of The Patriot Act that gives the President the authority to susprnd elections.