mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

“Republicans, it’s very clear, wanted harsher criminal penalties for illegal guns, which is something I agree with,” Mr. Klein added, “but on the other hand we’re also going to ban assault weapons and limit the number of rounds in a magazine. So I think putting those two things together makes it a better bill.”

So Republican majority Senate went along with this ridiculous thing because they just wanted harsher penalties for illegal guns ?

“I think today we are setting the mark for the rest of the country,” he (Senator Malcolm A. Smith) said.

Say what you want, this is coming to ALL liberal states whether Republican controlled or not.

The OGAM and now this, there is trend of politicians making sweeping laws overnight and people going along with it

because it doesn't affect *THEM".

Politicians are rubbing it on our (collective citizens) noses and telling us that there is nothing we can do. Shame.

It was Greg Ball who called for the suspension of the website that posted in 2010 a listing all the handgun permit holders in New York. He's a stand-up guy; the type that New York is sorely lacking.

are you kidding me? A man that has no regard for the first amendment?

Wake up, folks. You can't pick and choose rights.

are you kidding me? A man that has no regard for the first amendment?

Wake up, folks. You can't pick and choose rights.

I don't understand your comment. While the information was public, publishing it was borderline-questionable. Let's just say there was no logical reasoning behind doing such other than to raise an eyebrow. When the Journal News published the same information in their paper a couple weeks ago, their were lambasted in the news.

For that matter, what is ANJRPC doing these days? Anything? Bueller? Are they lobbying anyone? I haven't heard of any efforts at all, maybe it's because I got the paper newsletter awhile back, and I am not getting emails from them anymore. Maybe the are and I just have not heard anything. Hmm, lemme email them--

I don't understand your comment. While the information was public, publishing it was borderline-questionable. Let's just say there was no logical reasoning behind doing such other than to raise an eyebrow. When the Journal News published the same information in their paper a couple weeks ago, their were lambasted in the news.

There's no logical reasoning behind legally open carrying a rifle in many places in the country (other than to raise eyebrows). I would still defend someone's right to do it, borderline questionable or otherwise.

1st amendment defends the right to free speech and free press. The real problem is that the gunowners' information was collected in the first place. Publishing it was morally wrong, yet protected free speech. Why don't we hear anyone calling for the removal of the public database? What politician would call for that?

A freedom lost is a freedom lost whether the public wants it to happen or not. ;)

Anything 11+ is illegal in one year, no grandfathering. 8-10 you can keep without modification but are only allowed to load 7... :scratchhead:

I believe the 10 round magazines would have to be altered to only allow 7 where as the only options for a 15 rounder would be selling out of state or turn-in.

So NYSRPA is doing what? I see their webpage is not updated since the 13th. Also nothing from NRA-ILA, yet. I am only hoping that they are strategizing a challenge for when the bill gets signed. I suppose there's not much else to do till then, other than to continue to lobby the state legislators. I don't see or have heard of anything like NJ2As is doing to bring lawful gun owners to the state capitol to confront the legislature.

Oh, and the republicans in NY folded up like a cheap suit. At this rate, the Republicans will cease to exist in the NE USA very soon.

I received more correspondence from the people at SCOPE than NYSRPA. SCOPE's webpage detailing vote:

http://scopeny.org/

“Republicans, it’s very clear, wanted harsher criminal penalties for illegal guns, which is something I agree with,” Mr. Klein added, “but on the other hand we’re also going to ban assault weapons and limit the number of rounds in a magazine. So I think putting those two things together makes it a better bill.”

So Republican majority Senate went along with this ridiculous thing because they just wanted harsher penalties for illegal guns ?

“I think today we are setting the mark for the rest of the country,” he (Senator Malcolm A. Smith) said.

Say what you want, this is coming to ALL liberal states whether Republican controlled or not.

The OGAM and now this, there is trend of politicians making sweeping laws overnight and people going along with it

because it doesn't affect *THEM".

Politicians are rubbing it on our (collective citizens) noses and telling us that there is nothing we can do. Shame.

the only other communist police states i see following suit would be nj, hawaii, calif, mass, and maybe illinois may try again. the rest is still america

There's no logical reasoning behind legally open carrying a rifle in many places in the country (other than to raise eyebrows). I would still defend someone's right to do it, borderline questionable or otherwise.

1st amendment defends the right to free speech and free press. The real problem is that the gunowners' information was collected in the first place. Publishing it was morally wrong, yet protected free speech. Why don't we hear anyone calling for the removal of the public database? What politician would call for that?

A freedom lost is a freedom lost whether the public wants it to happen or not. ;)

The database was never made public or published in its entirety until 2010 on the website whospackingny.org. Under the Freedom Information Act, anyone could have gone to the county registrar office and inquired for such. I suppose if handgun owners didn't want that information public, they should have read NY Penal Law 400 before purchasing a handgun, for it's written in there in black and white that handgun registration and what style of permit they acquire is public information.

I'm so tired of hearing this. (not disagreeing with you, your posts echo mine quite frequently)... there were precincts that recorded NOT ONE vote for Romney in the last election (and also precints that recorded not one vote for Obama). That is about as mathematically possible as winning the lottery. If that doesn't prove voter fraud, I don't know what does. The fix is in. I have lost faith in our election system, which means we are NOT getting the govt we voted for. That's a very dangerous place for elected officials to be. And them's fightin' words.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/23/maker-of-unskewed-polls-creates-obama-voter-fraud-map-see-which-states-he-thinks-shouldve-been-romneys/

Not to draw the ire of the tin foil hat brigade but you will get no argument from me.  My aunt  is in highly involved in Florida Tea Party politics and told me my I would not believe the things they saw going on down there.  Apparently by any means Chicago politics has gone mainstream for the Democrat party.  Allen West got hosed pretty hard as well from what was said.  But my statement holds true, if enough people are apathetic to their dishonest, underhandedness shenanigans and don't shed light on it or are not willing enough to stand up they still get what they deserve unfortunately.  This man has not even been inaugurated for his second term and this BS has already started.  It is going to be a long four years.

It has to pass and be fully promulgated PRIOR to legal action, OF WHICH, I am sure it is coming.............

There is NO reason to play your cards PRIOR to the event taking place.....it was only senate passage..still have to wait on the assembly

NY Assembly? That's a given, previously the senate was the only thing keep NY from going from bad to worse. I'll bet you a fiver that by tonite the law will be passed and signed.

Well ultimately you will get the government you deserve. I used to be a conservative until I realized the republicans were just as bad as the democrats. But I never identified with democrats. All you self-proclaimed liberal gun owners take note of the feeding frenzy taking place. You are looking into the soul of that beast. This is an over reach on monumental proportions and it is going to explode in their face! The libtards just blew any credit they had with the upstate fuds for at least the next two generations. The Supreme Court (barring any sudden illnesses and subsequent libtarded appointees) will finally be able to address the "assault weapon" issue and I think (personal opinion, don't be an asshat, take it for what it is worth) the libtards will be very upset when they get their asses handed to them. These weapons have been in "common use" by civilians for forty years! The federal mid-term elections are going to be fun to watch in 2014, these assclowns are going to hand the Republicans control of the house and senate for at least six years.

You are assuming that Obama does not go on national TV again and tell SCOTUS what to do, think Obama care. It worked once with Roberts, what makes you think it wont work again.

Just saying....

It's difficult to believe upstate new yorkers would go for this.

perhaps their representatives betrayed them.

That's because instead of actually contacting their reps, they just got on a forum board and bitched.

On another note. I didn't see one thing in this bill as to how they are going to protect children in schools from this happening again. This is what this was all about, wasn't it?