Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

How about if north and south Jersey residents agree on a new combination, compromise name for this product and just call it TAYLOR ROLL....?

That eliminates the inaccuracy of the "ham" name and the perceived pedestrian name of "pork".

AVB-AMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Taylor Ham is so, so good.

It just depends if you are real Jersey or not. If you've had generations in Jersey you were raised calling it Taylor Ham just like your dad was raised before you. And he didn't run to Canada like Clinton when Nam broke out.

And we play Quoits, not horseshoes. Stick that in your lawn jockey and smoke it. Fughettaboutit!

It just depends if you are real Jersey or not. If you've had generations in Jersey you were raised calling it Taylor Ham just like your dad was raised before you. And he didn't run to Canada like Clinton when Nam broke out.

And we play Quoits, not horseshoes. Stick that in your lawn jockey and smoke it. Fughettaboutit!

Give it up we proved it is Pork Roll. Taylor Ham doesn't exist. Debate over

Before the rise of communism!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

don't you live in PA? So your not "real jersey"

I seriously just sat here for the last few hours reading this, watching Lake Life on diy, and drinking beer. GFDI I love staycations with nothing to do! Taylor Ham BTW....IDK what that dam pork rolled in but I don't wanna eat that shit on my breakfast sandwich.

• Like 1

I seriously just sat here for the last few hours reading this, watching Lake Life on diy, and drinking beer. GFDI I love staycations with nothing to do! Taylor Ham BTW....IDK what that dam pork rolled in but I don't wanna eat that shit on my breakfast sandwich.

Taylor doesn't make ham, it is PORKROLL. Read the package. :facepalm:

Taylor doesn't make ham, it is PORKROLL. Read the package. :facepalm:

IDGAF what the package says. It is what the original intent of what it was supposed to be called. If the government regulated all .22lr had to be relabeled "Tiny Little Turd Nuggets" would you start calling it that instead...because the label told you that's what it was, when in fact you KNEW it was .22lr?

IDGAF what the package says. It is what the original intent of what it was supposed to be called. If the government regulated all .22lr had to be relabeled "Tiny Little Turd Nuggets" would you start calling it that instead...because the label told you that's what it was, when in fact you KNEW it was .22lr?

Flawed argument...."Taylor Ham" was never ham, It was relabeled because the product didn't meet the already established definition of ham.  

Taylor Ham does not exist.  

• Like 1

^This. I don't even like Hatfield roll. It's so greasy it makes my teeth make a squeaking sound when they touch each other.

Consider yourself lucky, being the only one in PA with that problem. 

tatter tots, diced taylor ham, cheese, over easy egg...delish!

IMG_20160905_105537_zpsaywobhby.jpg

Looks amazing! Especially that Taylor Ham.

Where's the "Protection?" Good food needs a gun on the table for a pic.

Agreed! If no bad guy comes in while, it's at least a picture enhancer. 

FYI – On October 1st, I visited the Morris Museum in Morristown, NJ and saw this show/exhibit:

ICONS OF AMERICAN CULTURE:  HISTORY OF NEW JERSEY DINERS
Through December 31, 2016

When was the last time you ate at a diner? If you are like millions in New Jersey, the answer is not too long ago. Dubbed “the land of diners,” New Jersey’s highways and main streets are dotted with silver airstreams and neon signs of the classic American diner. Moreover, New Jersey was and still is the diner manufacturing industry’s hub. This exhibition explores the rich history of the Garden State’s favorite casual eatery through classic photographs and historical artifacts.

The exhibition was organized by the Middlesex County Museum/Cornelius Low 

For anyone here who is interested in the history of Diners and how they really started in NJ, where most of them were constructed, here is the link to the Morris Museum for more information:      http://www.morrismuseum.org/current-exhibitions/

This exhibit includes the Summit Diner in my hometown of Summit, NJ that I frequent all the time.  The O’Mahoney Company of Elizabeth, NJ built the Summit Diner 1938 in the Streamline Moderne industrial style popular at that time, utilizing aerodynamic rounded corners and emphasized horizontal lines, incorporating stainless steel inside and out, in abundance.

I am attaching several cell phone photos from that show/exhibit and the diner itself, of various write ups from TRAVEL+LEISURE, food network and Architectural Digest magazines about the Summit Diner and two of them say that the Diner is known for its Taylor Ham sandwiches.  Also included are two photos of an old menu from The Edison Diner in Edison, NJ that says the same thing...

AVB-AMG

post-8135-0-98690000-1475551703_thumb.jpg

post-8135-0-27293500-1475551708_thumb.jpg

I eat at the Edison Diner often. From their current menu:

6CE8B5D0-11BA-43E0-9561-E149EE1A51B1_zps

They must have realized they were wrong. ;) Just sayin'...

Haha.

Powned.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.