Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

Pork Roll, egg n cheese just doesn't flow right...when said correctly the jersey way, it becomes like one flowing word...taylorhameggncheese.

Same holds true for my experience around my area.... specifically the Summit Diner:   Taylor ham

Don't take my word for it, read it here:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/summit-diner-summit

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/columnist/greatamericanbites/2016/05/12/taylor-ham-pork-roll-new-jersey/84238166/

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/new-york/taylor-ham-or-pork-roll-what-it-means-for-new-jersey

AVB-AMG

This is silly. If we all put the same effort into 2A rights, we might actually get somewhere.

It's all Canadian Bacon anyway! :onthequiet:

A swing and a miss.....  Pork roll is processed and packed in a cotton case whereas Canadian bacon is a cured whole cut of pork loin.

A swing and a miss.....  Pork roll is processed and packed in a cotton case whereas Canadian bacon is a cured whole cut of pork loin.

I was just looking to get a rise out of you guys! :laugh:

Personally, I like Spam! They only make it in a rectangular shape though.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/parsippany/taylor-ham-or-pork-roll-you-decide-new-jersey-poll-0

Taylor Ham Or Pork Roll? You Decide, New Jersey (POLL)

State is split by geography according to Rutgers-Eagleton poll.

Don’t mess with a man’s meat. And in New Jersey, you better have the right name for it.

The debate has become so meaty, legislators are now considering a bill that would designate an official name.

But is it Taylor ham or pork roll? A Rutgers-Eagleton Poll released in December shows 59-percent of North Jersey residents preferred calling the meat Taylor Ham, while 65-percent of South Jersey residents put their teeth into pork roll.

The x-factor, according to the poll, are the residents living in Central Jersey, with 45-percent calling it pork roll and just 25-percent biting into Taylor ham.

According to the poll, on a full state basis, pork roll topped Taylor ham 38-percent to 35-percent. Results were from a statewide phone poll consisting of 843 residents.

Assemblyman Tim Eustace (D-Bergen) wants to put an end to the debate and has introduced legislation that would require the state to choose between the two for an official name. Eustace introduced two bills in April - one that would name the New Jersey state sandwich "Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese"; and another that would name the state sandwich, "Pork roll, egg, and cheese."

Bills A3666 (pork roll) and A3667 (Taylor ham) have not yet been put to a vote.

So, what say you, Patch readers? Vote in our poll below.

Pork Roll is beating Taylor Ham in the poll 52%-48% as it should be!

High Exposure said:

"Pork Roll is beating Taylor Ham in the poll 52%-48% as it should be!"

Well, on the poll at the end of that link Taylor Ham was slightly ahead of pork roll, (as it should be.... Heh, Heh)

Now it will be very interesting to see if the proposed state sandwich bills will actually make it to a vote in the dysfunctional NJ State Legislature.

I think that vote will be as close as the Trump vs Clinton race in Nov.

AVB-AMG

Should anyone want the opinion of those outside this particular echo chamber, you need only to go to a deli and order your pork roll/taylor ham egg and cheese like you normally do. Then pay close attention to what they write on the order ticket:

T.H.E.C.

I forgot to mention a recent introduction of Roll/Ham to my friends in Western PA/Ohio.

So I brought in a couple of logs for a group of people there, just as a novelty option for breakfast.  They ATE IT LIKE LOCUSTS!  They are asking me to please ship more, since it would be a 6 hour drive to find some here.

We talked about a truck ship of ammo going one way and pork roll going back in the truck on the return.  It never really went anywhere, because I think they assumed they could get 22lr much cheaper.  I don't think so.

I forgot to mention a recent introduction of Roll/Ham to my friends in Western PA/Ohio.

So I brought in a couple of logs for a group of people there, just as a novelty option for breakfast.  They ATE IT LIKE LOCUSTS!  They are asking me to please ship more, since it would be a 6 hour drive to find some here.

We talked about a truck ship of ammo going one way and pork roll going back in the truck on the return.  It never really went anywhere, because I think they assumed they could get 22lr much cheaper.  I don't think so.

I have family in Colorado and the first thing they do when they get here is buy massive amounts of Taylor Ham. They used to buy Hostess treats, too, which seems kind of weird, because how much of that stuff can you take on a plane?

Things are somewhat different now. I order taco sauce from an actual grocery store in California. I think you can get anything off the internet as well.

I have family in Colorado and the first thing they do when they get here is buy massive amounts of Taylor Ham. They used to buy Hostess treats, too, which seems kind of weird, because how much of that stuff can you take on a plane?

Things are somewhat different now. I order taco sauce from an actual grocery store in California. I think you can get anything off the internet as well.

That must be why you never actually see this "taylor ham" stuff for sale anywhere...Mipa's peeps are absconding off to CO with it.

All I ever see for sale is pork roll, many brands of pork roll, but not ever....EVER any Taylor Ham.    I wonder how Mipa's family would feel if they found out they're really eating pork roll, since Taylor Ham doesn't actually exist.